Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido repeatedly broke conflict laws

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido repeatedly broke conflict laws

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Former Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido repeatedly broke conflict of interest rules, watchdog says

Former Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido broke Canadian conflict of interest rules through a "chronic failure" to disclose his private interests, the federal ethics watchdog has found.

Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion released the results Wednesday of his investigation into Peschisolido's conduct while he was representing the B.C. riding of Steveston-Richmond East.

Dion said the former MP broke the conflict of interest code for members of Parliament in multiple ways.

"Given Mr. Peschisolido's chronic failure to comply with the code's disclosure requirements, there is no doubt in my mind I would h​​​ave recommended that Parliament impose appropriate sanctions. I did not do so because Mr. Peschisolido is no longer a member of the House of Commons," Dion said in a written statement.

Federal ethics rules require MPs to report any material changes to their investments and other private interests within 60 days.

Peschisolido broke those rules when he failed to report a shareholder's loan worth more than $10,000, a personal guarantee of debt worth more than $10,000, his 2018 marriage and the fact that the Law Society of B.C. had obtained a court order to take over his legal practice, according to Dion's report.

"​The disclosure of private interests is essential to helping prevent conflicts between public and private interests," Dion said.

"It is a key foundation of some of the code's fundamental purposes, including to maintain and enhance public confidence."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5453732
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberal MP Joe Peschisolido repeatedly broke conflict la

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ This is why I never trust career politicians. Interesting political career - a Liberal youth coordinator, then a Reform party candidate, then a Canadian Alliance candidate, then a Canadian Alliance MP, then crossed the floor to become a Liberal again, and resurfaced as a Liberal candidate and got elected on JT's coat tails, losing in 2019.

I always wonder about candidates who really have no other apparent ambition except to get their snouts into the public trough. I also question what core beliefs anyone has who crosses the floor (think Alleslev today?).

There are always a few. We can be thankful that this former Alliance/Liberal MP will never get another chance to stick his nose in the trough.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Joe was simply following the example set by Justin Trudeau.

Lie, cheat, scam, steal - it's fair game as long as you don't get caught. And if you do get caught, blame Stephen Harper, just as all liberal supporters do
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

He had a good "teacher".
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

hobbyguy wrote:I always wonder about candidates who really have no other apparent ambition except to get their snouts into the public trough.

Would ya look at the honker on this :cuss:

Joe was simply doing what Justin and the rest of the Liberal scuzzbags do, lie steal, cheat. Joe's only problem is that he got caught.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Who was it that said, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone"? So now we know, the Conservatives are without sin. Yep, life and critiquing are so easy when Liberals are the only crooks. Justin Trudeau is not a shining example of a lot of the best in Canadian life and politics. I don't vote Liberal (well, once in my life). Trudeau is dirty, Harper was filthy. Ah well, the only thing wrong with our liberal (lower case l) democracy is all the alternatives. Go Vladimir. Go that strongman in Turkey.

Return to “Canada”