Canada Shooting

t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by t76turbo »

^^^^but but but police are trained to shoot at center mass. So when a police officer pulls the trigger your chances of surviving are slim to none unless he/she is a bad shot.
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/nova-scotia-shootings-began-after-gunman-attacked-his-girlfriend-sources-say/ar-BB136Bty?ocid=msedgdhp

Attacks girlfriend at a party, then brings her home and ties her up, she runs away, so guy goes back to party and murders everyone. Then decides to just keep killing.

So now we know that the girlfriend provided the picture of the fake cruiser, and was the one who told the cops that he was driving around impersonating a cop.

Looks like it was an ERT RCMP who finally blew this guy away at the gas station while he was reaching for his gun. Probably didn't feel like asking the guy to freeze or to put his hands up, just pumped him full of lead. And I don't blame him.

I've been trying to picture this for a while. He was one hell of bad tier upper. Who the hell can run away after being tied up? And likely in my view, showed malignant narcissistic personality traits well before this final incident. No way did this come out of the blue. Was she afraid to leave him like so many are?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

There's incompetence for ya. FAC's disappeared in what, 1995 or so?

Chief Supt. Chris Leather said Wednesday that "we have a fairly good idea that, in Canada at least, he didn't have a firearms acquisition certificate."

The RCMP can tell if you have a PAL or RPAL as quickly as they can check your driver's license. Your eligibility to hold a PAL or RPAL is reviewed via CSIS every single day of the year, with a daily cross-reference to the PAL and RPAL database.

This bafflegab from the top cop smells funny to me. Irrespective of that funny smell, we're certainly seeing that more and more firearms laws are completely meaningless when it comes to preventing criminal acts.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ mainly because people who are about to commit criminal acts are not going to get a PAL or RPAL
What they are going to do is get weaponry from under the table/black market.

I would be extremely surprised if any gang member in Canada has either PAL or RPAL.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Big crimes start with small ones. First you ignore social distancing by having a drunken party, and the next thing you know, you've become a mass murderer.

That, my friends, is why you obey the social distancing rules.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Do you have good relations with your neighbours?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/a ... li=AAggNb9
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I still don't understand why it took so long to stop him.
Wonder what happened at that party and I agree Queen how did she get free so fast, and why didn't he go after her?
As for the why - he would have never told the truth and plead insanity to get a light sentence, so glad he was shot dead.
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Ka-El wrote:As far as gun control goes, I don’t really see what, if anything, the government could introduce that would have had any bearing on the outcome of this unfortunate event.

This guy did not have a PAL, was barred from having a PAL, was therefore barred from legally owning guns, and therefore used an illegally obtained firearm in his murder spree. Further to that - he was dressed in a police uniform and driving around in a former police vehicle with equipment and markings added to make it again look like a police vehicle. He was actively engaged in pulling people - impersonating a police officer - before killing them.

No laws could have or were able to prevent this. All of the above are already illegal, yet here we are. Proof positive we have all the laws we need to make everything this guy did illegal, yet we somehow were still unable to stop this person from breaking them.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

^^^^ So therefore we should just implant chips into every person in Canada so that when you think of committing a crime it zaps you. Go forward and try to commit a brutal/heinous crime it automatically fries the life out of you. All info is stored into this chip like a black box for future download and scrutiny.

Sounds stupid and invasive doesn’t it...well so does bashing legal gun owners with further gun regulations and restrictions. Using a firearm to commit a crime is already illegal, let’s just leave it at that.
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

36Drew wrote:This guy did not have a PAL, was barred from having a PAL

Was he barred? I understood a 9 month ban but that was years ago.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Fancy wrote:
36Drew wrote:This guy did not have a PAL, was barred from having a PAL

Was he barred? I understood a 9 month ban but that was years ago.

He was banned - as a condition of an assault conviction - for owning firearms. An assault conviction will severely hamper one's ability to obtain a PAL. As for still being barred from owning firearms - he has no PAL, ergo by default he's prohibited from owning or possessing firearms. That said - you're nitpicking. By every account, the laws on the books already said this guy should not have had guns nor impersonated a police officer. Yet somehow he did both - and for some reason, Trudeau wants to implement stricter gun laws in face of the facts that the already-adequate laws didn't prevent this atrocity from happening.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lol I'm not nitpicking - I want the facts.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Recall the perfect storm of the murderous teenagers? No one believed the were capable? Different vehicle descriptions? Being let go from a road block because a release of their description wasn't done for a few hours after?

Well is this not the perfect storm too? Guy setting fires, murdering people, driving a police cruiser look-a-like, wearing a uniform? Because having a perfect replica of a police cruiser and using the police cruiser for a murderous rampage is hair splitting for illegality and the police had NO idea he had one until the abused girlfriend was able to get out of the woods safely. You know, instead of being alerted earlier as "this is odd, we think you should know." But anyways, this is Canada's new crime legacy regardless of how one splits hairs.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/r ... li=AAggNb9
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

About that replica police cruiser,

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/n ... li=AAggFp5

<snip>On Friday, Campbell said police are still trying to determine where Wortmain obtained the mock vehicle he used in the rampage. RCMP are also looking for anyone who may have assisted Wortman or who can provide information about how he obtained his vehicles or pieces of authentic uniform.

Campbell said the RCMP have located the source of the materials used to produce the decals that were affixed to the side of Wortman’s look-alike police cruiser. They have not, however, determined who printed the decals or if someone assisted in adding them to the vehicle.<snip>

If it was :cuss: legal to create a decal to make a vehicle look like a police cruiser, as long as it was not used to impersonate a police cruiser, you'd think no one would have trouble stepping forward.

I think a lot of fine hair splitting has to be done to justify having a replica police cruiser.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:Recall the perfect storm of the murderous teenagers? No one believed the were capable? Different vehicle descriptions? Being let go from a road block because a release of their description wasn't done for a few hours after?

Well is this not the perfect storm too? Guy setting fires, murdering people, driving a police cruiser look-a-like, wearing a uniform? Because having a perfect replica of a police cruiser and using the police cruiser for a murderous rampage is hair splitting for illegality and the police had NO idea he had one until the abused girlfriend was able to get out of the woods safely. You know, instead of being alerted earlier as "this is odd, we think you should know." But anyways, this is Canada's new crime legacy regardless of how one splits hairs.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/r ... li=AAggNb9

Thanks for posting that Queen. I am glad that the RCMP have finally come out with a timeline. I was wondering a couple of things, including how the other mountie was injured, and what exactly happened in the encounter with the RCMP person Heidi Stevenson, such that he ended up killing her and driving away in a Chevy Tracker. Sounds like he was able to get the Tracker off of a poor schmuck who stopped to help. You have to wonder if he was injured in any way by the head on collision with Stevenson's cruiser, I don't see how he wasn't. I am also wondering if the head-on collision was a deliberate act by Stevenson to stop Wortman? If so, she is incredibly brave, just amazing that she would do that. :cry:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Canada”