Canada Shooting

36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by 36Drew »

Former police cruiser being sold on GCSurplus
Queen K wrote:<snip>On Friday, Campbell said police are still trying to determine where Wortmain obtained the mock vehicle he used in the rampage. RCMP are also looking for anyone who may have assisted Wortman or who can provide information about how he obtained his vehicles or pieces of authentic uniform.

Really? The RCMP doesn't know what happens to their vehicles after they're decommissioned? I mean, it's somewhat common knowledge - and certainly would be common knowledge for RCMP. The vehicles show up on GCSurplus (Gov't auction website) for sale to the highest bidder. There's always former police-use vehicles appearing on there. Everything from former cruisers and SUVs to former ghost cars.

(Note: Nothing there right now - they stripped all auctions the moment Covid shutdowns hit).

Here's one example listing, taken through the magic of the Wayback machine:

Most of the emergency lights can be had off AliExpress. Not the same light bar I've seen in photos, but here's an example of a stealth light bar and control panel: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32832028316.html - given enough time and determination, one could find either a reasonable facsimile of what's actually used or indeed the manufacturer(s) of the raw parts to assemble one's own of a reasonable facsimile.

Decals - It's not a far stretch for someone to find a manufacturer in China (via Alibaba even), send some artwork, and order some samples/proofs with the false promise of a contract to outfit a fleet of vehicles.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Switzerland's tribute, on the Matterhorn
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

Post by 1092 »

Cst should be awarded a bravery medal!!
Why did her partner not assist her??
The only thing the RCMP did right, was get rid of the SCUM.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

1092 wrote:Cst should be awarded a bravery medal!!

It's the RCMP, they don't have "partners" they're all one person cars. Something else that cost Mounties their lives.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

her partner was in a different car. He was shot and disabled by Wortman, when he drove up to his driver's side window and shot him in cold blood. Not sure how he lived. The RCMP officer was of course blind-sided because he wasn't expecting an RCMP cruiser to drive up and shoot him. No one had warned him to be on the look-out. He thought it was Stevenson, not Wortman, in the cruiser.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Coonhound
Banned

Post by Coonhound »

As a new safety measure I will no longer be pulling over for police
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Coonhound wrote:As a new safety measure I will no longer be pulling over for police

Yeah, good luck with that one.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

her partner was in a different car. He was shot and disabled by Wortman, when he drove up to his driver's side window and shot him in cold blood. Not sure how he lived. The RCMP officer was of course blind-sided because he wasn't expecting an RCMP cruiser to drive up and shoot him. No one had warned him to be on the look-out. He thought it was Stevenson, not Wortman, in the cruiser.

And this is precisely why having a replica RCMP cruiser should be illegal in Canada. Not "oh it's legal if it's in the garage" but out right ILLEGAL.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The Green Barbarian wrote:her partner was in a different car. He was shot and disabled by Wortman, when he drove up to his driver's side window and shot him in cold blood. Not sure how he lived. The RCMP officer was of course blind-sided because he wasn't expecting an RCMP cruiser to drive up and shoot him. No one had warned him to be on the look-out. He thought it was Stevenson, not Wortman, in the cruiser.

That would be a co-worker ? My definition of a partner is someone working in the same police car.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

my5cents wrote:That would be a co-worker ? My definition of a partner is someone working in the same police car.

Fair enough. I'm not a police-person (H/T to Justin Trudeau) so I'm not sure what constitutes a partner. All of my knowledge of partners in this context is gleaned from police and detective shows on TV and in movies. If you have more intimate knowledge please feel free to share.

I do agree that in this instance, if Heidi Stevenson had had a second officer in the car with her, it's doubtful that Wortman would have gunned her down as her partner would/should have had time to take out his/her weapon and blow Wortman away. That being said, who knows what the reaction time would have been, given the confusion at seeing a guy dressed in an RCMP uniform driving what appeared to be an RCMP cruiser. There might have been some hesitation. Who knows.

I do think that Heidi Stevenson's heroic actions saved a lot of lives. What a true hero.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Queen K wrote:
And this is precisely why having a replica RCMP cruiser should be illegal in Canada. Not "oh it's legal if it's in the garage" but out right ILLEGAL.

It's the decals and lights and their sources that's the issue.
Those cars are all strip down and you get a crap load of vinyl and holes where equipment was bolted down and a ton of idle hours on the engine.
I think a friend of mine bought one like a Yukon or Suburban its super basic interior decor is great if you own a big dog or two
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

jimmy4321 wrote: It's the decals and lights and their sources that's the issue.

Lights are not even an issue if they're disconnected and you're not able to use them.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Queen K wrote:And this is precisely why having a replica RCMP cruiser should be illegal in Canada. Not "oh it's legal if it's in the garage" but out right ILLEGAL.

It already is illegal. Impersonation is a criminal offence.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's what I posted above. Some were arguing that unless it's been used to impersonate a police vehicle, it was legal to have. Fine lines.

Now this didn't take long. Make it ALL illegal, no fine lines anymore.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... r-BB13o7gT
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

https://globalnews.ca/news/6882592/nova ... -timeline/

looks like they've put the entire timeline together now. Fills in the rest of the blanks. I was wondering why he killed Gina Goulet, his final victim. Looks like he knew her, so it wasn't just a random slaying, like some of the others.

Return to “Canada”