Canada Shooting

User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68053
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

They go though everyone's social media and medical history. Would it have been better to have him alive, with free lawyers and courts and a right to plead insanity and get out in 20 years?
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68053
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

So far victims are being described as random strangers.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/29 ... ova-Scotia
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 34946
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by GordonH »

Today many questions with very few if any answers, with gunman dead all they will have is speculations. Why he did what he did.

Meanwhile many families prepare for funeral services.
Last edited by GordonH on Apr 20th, 2020, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Coonhound
Banned
Posts: 1105
Joined: Feb 20th, 2020, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Coonhound »

GordonH wrote:Today many questions with very few if any answers, with gunman dead all they will have is speculations. Why he did what he did.




I will guess it is political. Making this a case of domestic terrorism.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

vegas1500 wrote:Personally glad he’s dead but would have been nice to know a motive. Hopefully they find something in the investigation that sheds some light on this sick :cuss:

Those that knew him are coming forward and stating how they remember him.
It certainly doesn't sound like a random act as there was preplanning.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68053
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

And no one went to any authorities and you know, said something? :135:
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:And no one went to any authorities and you know, said something? :135:

What's to say? He was a little "off" when he was younger (according to one)? Bought old police vehicles from auction? Liked to target practice?
Maybe no one knew he did a mockup of a police vehicle and uniform. Anything relevant will all come out in the investigation in due time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:Even Fox picked up the story. They claim that Wortman was in custody and mysteriously died while in custody.

Don't know where the "mysteriously" comes in. Police stated " A confrontation with police followed in Enfield, resulting in officers discharging their firearms. The suspect was found to be deceased at the scene."
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

There is an outpouring of grief across Nova Scotia today as the names of victims of a weekend mass killing begin to emerge, ranging from a nurse to a teacher to an RCMP officer.

The president of the Nova Scotia Teachers Union expressed his sadness at the loss of "one of our own" after obituaries were posted for Lisa McCully, a teacher at Debert Elementary School.

Paul Wozney referred to McCully as "a victim of the senseless violence" that started in Portapique, N.S., a community about 40 kilometres west of Truro, late Saturday.

He said she was known as a passionate teacher and "as a shining love" in the lives of her friends and family.

The union also noted the loss of Const. Heidi Stevenson, an "exemplary 23 year RCMP veteran who laid down her life responding to the call."

Wozney noted Stevenson is the wife of Dean Stevenson, who teaches at Cole Harbour District High School, and loving mother to two children.

"There are no words to capture the loss Nova Scotia has suffered today. This is a devastating time for all communities affected across our province," Wozney wrote. "Let’s reach out to those in our circle who have seen loved ones lost or injured and offer our love and support."


https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#297696

It's a long article with more disturbing news of loss of life.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68053
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Not only is this shooting horrific, the fact that so many want to be with their loved ones have to struggle with the rules in place because of COVID-19.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Coonhound
Banned
Posts: 1105
Joined: Feb 20th, 2020, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Coonhound »

Denturist. Forced out of work. 2 offices. Probably a few staff. Think I read he owned some commercial property. Sounds like the guy snapped due to corona virus financial effects on him.


Above I stated terrorism and politically motivated. I think that still applies. The virus set it off though. The devil finds work for idle hands.

Heartbreaking loss for many in NS.
Last edited by Coonhound on Apr 20th, 2020, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Coonhound wrote:Heartbreaking loss for many in NS.

And elsewhere.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Neighbour Nancy Hudson said she met Wortman about 18 years ago when he bought the property on Portapique Beach Road, which is just a short walk from her home on Highway 2.

“He was very jovial,” she said in an interview just outside her house. “But there is another side to Gabe. He had some issues, especially with his girlfriend.”

Hudson said she and her husband John used to hang out with Wortman and his friends on Portapique Beach Road, though she said she hadn’t seen her neighbour in about a year.

“There was some underlying issues that I think he had with his relationship. It was a red flag …. (What happened on the weekend) wasn’t a surprise to some degree, but not to this extreme.”

There will be more coming out from those that knew him. Whether it is relevant to what has happened remains unknown at this time.
https://nationalpost.com/news/who-was-g ... s-shooting
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2623
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 10:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by dontrump »

vegas1500 wrote:
56A2EB47-03AD-494B-85D3-00EF3830ED88.jpeg

RIP. Thank you for your service


this is where I disagree there were 16 good Canadians all killed by the same guy to me this female cop is no more or less important than the 15 others that were also murdered so either name all 16 and show 16 pictures or not these news articles telling us how wondefull the cop was and the school teacher and kicking the others to the news curb is just plain WRONG

Return to “Canada”