Canada Shooting

User avatar
oldtrucker
Guru
Posts: 8812
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by oldtrucker »

Just a remote guess-the family law system comes into play somewhere in the story.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
AB,SK,MB...are you going to wait until you lose your way of life before you consider getting out of confederation?
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Several lost their lives in the one home and it went from there. The ripple effect is being felt across the country.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

UPDATE: 9:05 a.m.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says a weekend killing rampage in Nova Scotia has now claimed 18 lives.

Investigators are continuing to piece together one of Canada's deadliest mass killings, carried out by a man who at one point donned a police uniform and drove a mock-up cruiser.

The 18 victims include an RCMP officer, a teacher, two nurses, neighbours of the assailant and two correctional officers killed in their home.

The shooter was also killed after being intercepted by police Sunday.


https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#297680
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 73413
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by The Green Barbarian »

dontrump wrote:
this is where I disagree there were 16 good Canadians all killed by the same guy to me this female cop is no more or less important than the 15 others that were also murdered so either name all 16 and show 16 pictures or not these news articles telling us how wondefull the cop was and the school teacher and kicking the others to the news curb is just plain WRONG


Families have to be contacted before names can be released. The names are probably being released after assurances that all families have been contacted and are aware of the loss of their loved ones. I don't see a problem with this, and I don't think anyone is saying that any of those killed are more important than anyone else. That's just not the way things are done.
Justin Trudeau summed up by Stephen LeDrew:

Cockwomble: a person prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:this is where I disagree there were 16 good Canadians all killed by the same guy to me this female cop is no more or less important than the 15 others that were also murdered so either name all 16 and show 16 pictures or not these news articles telling us how wondefull the cop was and the school teacher and kicking the others to the news curb is just plain WRONG

No one has kicked anyone to the curb and to suggest that is being done is just plain wrong. Two others have had their names released. The rest will also. These investigations take time. So far one police officer, one nurse (two so far killed as far as I know) and one teacher have been identified and more could have been at the time of this typing. I haven't checked yet. And the number of those killed is 18 so far.
Last edited by Fancy on Apr 20th, 2020, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68053
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

oldtrucker wrote:Just a remote guess-the family law system comes into play somewhere in the story.


So far from the lists we aren't seeing anything about girlfriends, ex-wives, or children of the shooter.
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

or who was in the initial home targeted
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

I stand corrected:

The victims include an RCMP officer, a teacher, two nurses, neighbours of the assailant and two correctional officers killed in their home


https://theprovince.com/news/canada/nov ... be3f8d8fac
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Const. Heidi Stevenson
Lisa McCully
Heather O’Brien
Kristen Beaton
Greg and Jamie Blair
Sean McLeod and Alanna Jenkins
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:this is where I disagree there were 16 good Canadians all killed by the same guy to me this female cop is no more or less important than the 15 others that were also murdered so either name all 16 and show 16 pictures or not these news articles telling us how wondefull the cop was and the school teacher and kicking the others to the news curb is just plain WRONG

So just to be clear - you want the investigation regarding those deceased to be completed before police release any information?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2054
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018, 9:13 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Pete Podoski »

Fancy wrote:Liked to target practice?


Millions of people in Canada like to target practice. Why isn't all of Canada dead?

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 20th, 2020, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:So far from the lists we aren't seeing anything about girlfriends, ex-wives, or children of the shooter.

It's coming:

Horrific details surfaced Monday in Nova Scotia’s mass shooting, including how the madman apparently first killed his ex and her new boyfriend — and dragged a female Mountie from her car before blasting her execution-style.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/nova-scot ... s-rampage/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 30815
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote:They go though everyone's social media and medical history. Would it have been better to have him alive, with free lawyers and courts and a right to plead insanity and get out in 20 years?


exactly....................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65031
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Pete Podoski wrote:Millions of people in Canada like to target practice. Why isn't all of Canada dead?

You took what I said out of context. Why didn't people report his use of guns? Probably because so many others do it for fun and for hunting purposes. One doesn't report millions of people that like to target practice - I'd be on the list.
Same reason people don't report partners that don't get along - no one expected he'd take this route.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 30815
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by the truth »

me too.................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”