Canada Shooting

User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64908
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

It's horrifying to think there is the possibility of more fatalities once the homes are searched.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Coonhound
Banned
Posts: 1105
Joined: Feb 20th, 2020, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Coonhound »

Any word on the cop car and uniform. Did he steal that from the officer he killed ?
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64908
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

He bought decommissioned police vehicles at auction. Easy enough to do a mockup.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
oldtrucker
Guru
Posts: 8786
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by oldtrucker »

Fancy wrote:
Pete Podoski wrote:Millions of people in Canada like to target practice. Why isn't all of Canada dead?

You took what I said out of context. Why didn't people report his use of guns? Probably because so many others do it for fun and for hunting purposes. One doesn't report millions of people that like to target practice - I'd be on the list.
Same reason people don't report partners that don't get along - no one expected he'd take this route.


Liberal gov't. This is going to turn into a 'disarm the people' [email protected]#$show.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
AB,SK,MB...are you going to wait until you lose your way of life before you consider getting out of confederation?
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64908
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Let them squawk - won't amount to much.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Coonhound
Banned
Posts: 1105
Joined: Feb 20th, 2020, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Coonhound »

oldtrucker wrote:Liberal gov't. This is going to turn into a 'disarm the people' [email protected]#$show.


Yes. Unfortunate he chose to use a firearm.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 64908
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 94492
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by oneh2obabe »

Sounds like they expect to find more victims.

Chief Supt. Chris Leather told a news conference Monday that the crime scenes include five fires where it is feared additional bodies will be found inside burned homes.

That "speaks to why we don't have a final total, because we expect that to rise in the coming days," he said, adding that some victims knew the killer while others did not.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/p ... spartandhp
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68018
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

It is gut wrenching to read of the first round victims, two care workers wearing exactly what we wear here, mask and googles. I almost lost it. And so many couples, it seems, inconcievable.
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
Coonhound
Banned
Posts: 1105
Joined: Feb 20th, 2020, 8:31 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Coonhound »

Really tragic to see all those faces. Hits home hard.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 36988
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Glacier »

I'm listening to Charles Adler right now interviewing Peter MacKay. He's saying that the the guy had a violent past and was banned from owning fire arms. It could be that the downturn from corona virus put him over the edge as some have said, but that's just speculation at this point.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
oldtrucker
Guru
Posts: 8786
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by oldtrucker »

This took a while to plan out.
A person doesn't just wake up one day, go nuts and decide to do something like this on this scale. Something really bad happening had to have lit the fuse a while ago.
A series of events lining up like a family law situation, then something happened to his business as a result of the legal situation, and then...and then... Maybe he couldn't barely make the $8k month or whatever support payments and then ...pandemic, no money coming in for the dental practice....Snap....
Most likely something totally different...I'm just guessing.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
AB,SK,MB...are you going to wait until you lose your way of life before you consider getting out of confederation?
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 68018
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by Queen K »

I'm asking, no one noticed he had a car souped up to look like a RCMP vehicle? :135:
Spend some time and money on establishing an Estate plan, a Legal Will, your wishes and who is the Executor. Watch Grant of Probate videos. Understand the process to help yourself and loved ones.
User avatar
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2376
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by vegas1500 »

dontrump wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:
56A2EB47-03AD-494B-85D3-00EF3830ED88.jpeg

RIP. Thank you for your service


this is where I disagree there were 16 good Canadians all killed by the same guy to me this female cop is no more or less important than the 15 others that were also murdered so either name all 16 and show 16 pictures or not these news articles telling us how wondefull the cop was and the school teacher and kicking the others to the news curb is just plain WRONG


Holy :cuss: dude settle down. At the time of posting she was the only known name. And where did I say “how wonderful” the cop was? And where did I “kick others to the curb”? All I did was pay my respect to the police officer. I have many close friends in law enforcement and even one in N.S...so it hits close to home. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 21st, 2020, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
User avatar
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 963
Joined: Nov 29th, 2007, 9:48 am

Re: Canada Shooting

Post by t76turbo »

Oldtrucker, I’m with you on this. Said pretty much same thing to my wife earlier today. Family break-up hits some incredible hard. He owned commercial buildings which wife probably laid claim to, then support payment. No business income and no rental income from his properties. Covid is partly to blame on this one too. The final straw. He was just a garage RCMP wannaby. However it came as advantage once his world imploded.

If he was truly banned from possessing firearms, that’s the only little thing I can take away from this, current firearms laws worked. This p o s destroyed so many lives and no punishment on earth would ever be enough. Such a tragedy for the families. My sincerest condolences to everyone involved.
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!

Return to “Canada”