Gun Control

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Gun Control

Post by Fancy »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 9:52 am
Fancy wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 9:42 am

?? A bullet doesn't take decades to kill someone. You missed the point. Comparing death from smoking that takes a long time to occur to gun related deaths that are pretty much instant doesn't make sense to me.
It probably doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand firearms.
Well that's a stupid thing to say. Been shooting for decades.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fancy wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 9:42 am
Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 8:23 am Firearms have been around decades too.
?? A bullet doesn't take decades to kill someone. You missed the point. Comparing death from smoking that takes a long time to occur to gun related deaths that are pretty much instant doesn't make sense to me.
48,000 Canadians died EVERY single year from smoking. And 800 from second hand smoke. Every year. Yes, it takes decades, but so what, this many die every single year, which is far more than guns.

Gun regulations are good because guns are dangerous, but gun bans are bad.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Stop making this personal!*

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And for those that smoke that is a choice that is made detrimental to their health. I just find making these kind of comparisons pointless. The gun laws in place seem to be adequate - changing them affect the responsible gun owner and I've mentioned this many times before.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Glacier wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 10:11 am Gun regulations are good because guns are dangerous, but gun bans are bad.
:up: That pretty much sums it up in one sentence. :130:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Good job and not too bright criminals.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Let's keep in mind that most mass shooters and most men who shoot their spouses were "responsible gun owners" until they weren't.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Seems a lot weren't either.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 10:25 am Just spent the last few days with chief firearms officers from 3 provinces, the rcmp firearms program headquarters and the Kelowna rcmp. Catchin' bad guys that try to use fake PAL's. White guy name on the PAL. African somewhere accent so thick couldn't understand anything they said hardly. 1+1 =2....politically correct or not, that's how we got 'em.
Well done !! :up: :up:
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 11:18 am Let's keep in mind that most mass shooters and most men who shoot their spouses were "responsible gun owners" until they weren't.
The recent mass shooters in Canada weren't responsible gun owners fyi - they all had illegal firearms.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Fancy wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 12:25 pm
crookedmember wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 11:18 am Let's keep in mind that most mass shooters and most men who shoot their spouses were "responsible gun owners" until they weren't.
The recent mass shooters in Canada weren't responsible gun owners fyi - they all had illegal firearms.
With 85% of crime related firearms being traced to have been smuggled from the US, it's the exact opposite of what he's claiming.

Liberals - say it loudly, say it often enough, and people will totally believe you. Right from a Liberal MP's mouth.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 12:29 pm
Fancy wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 12:25 pm

With 85% of crime related firearms being traced to have been smuggled from the US, it's the exact opposite of what he's claiming.
85% is that right? You must know something StatCan and police don't......
Statistics Canada has started a project to increase the amount of information collected on guns used in crime.

Researchers have said for decades there isn't enough data about where guns come from and how they are used.

Without that information, it is a greater challenge to stop the flow of illegal guns into Canada or to curb gun violence.

"It's been a problem for 30 years," said Wendy Cukier, president of the Coalition for Gun Control.........

"The information is quite fragmented. Jurisdictions like Toronto collect and trace and track crime guns, but a lot of others don't." ......

In Canada, we don't have the mechanisms to make those sorts of determinations because we don't have the tracing, the tracing data," said Cukier.

"When it comes to identifying hot spots in Canada — dirty dealers, points of entry and so on — I think the police would say there is less information than they would like to have."........

But the figures used in crimes are elusive.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.5579971

As usual, CPC supporters and parrots, if they don't know something, just make it up [icon_lol2.gif]
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

foenix wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 12:51 pm As usual, CPC supporters and parrots, if they don't know something, just make it up [icon_lol2.gif]
Conservatives - say it loudly, say it often enough, and some people will totally believe you.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Stolen handguns smuggled in from the US and used for crimes in Canada are still stolen handguns.

The only reason handguns are not stolen from homes in Canada is there are almost no handguns in Canadian homes to steal.

That's because gun control works.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There are over 900,000 registered handguns in Canada according to Public Safety.

Return to “Canada”