Gun Control

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Gun Control

Post by Catri »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 11:45 am
Catri wrote: Jan 19th, 2022, 2:41 pm I think that some firearms lift right out and plenty of other alternatives are available.
Okay, let's assume you're in control of banning firearms that you think shouldn't be allowed in Canada.

Which of these two would you ban, and why?

Nope, that's not my job. I'm just trying to explain what you're up against and why you aren't going to convince people who are absolutely fine with stricter gun controls that you're being put upon by gun control measures. The onus is on you to explain the need for ordinary Canadians to own the guns that are being banned, without reverting to the whole "but criminals will get them anyway" argument, because it's just not very convincing. I also don't have to quantify the "fewer guns = less gun violence" thing, because agree with it or not, it does resonate with common sense.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

GordonH wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 12:16 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 11:45 am

Okay, let's assume you're in control of banning firearms that you think shouldn't be allowed in Canada.

Which of these two would you ban, and why?

#1) looks more of traditional hunting rifle/hunter of wild game.
#2) looks more like a want to be soldier/hunter of humans.
At least you tried, Gordy, whereas the Liberal pumperpoodle showed her complete lack of understanding of firearms but she feels very qualified to tell us what we should do with them.

These are exactly the same firearm, a Ruger 10/22, commonly used for hunting grouse and rabbits.

Liberals get so scared they wet their pants when they see the bottom one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#TrudeauMustGo
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Catri wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 1:29 pm The onus is on you to explain the need for ordinary Canadians to own the guns that are being banned, without reverting to the whole "but criminals will get them anyway" argument, because it's just not very convincing. I also don't have to quantify the "fewer guns = less gun violence" thing, because agree with it or not, it does resonate with common sense.
So if the government bans sports cars is the onus on the public to explain why the public should be allowed them or the government to explain why they are banning it?

Common sense isn't a thing lol. Common sense is subjective by so many variables lol.

85% of guns used in crime I'm Canada are smuggled into the country.

That's like banning cars because sometimes they are stolen and used in bank robberies.

Anyway, not worth my time, the government has already figured out how to politicize gun control to gain votes. The propaganda machine won't turn off now. I hope there are wealthy gun owners with the money to fight this nonsense.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Tangentially-related - I wonder how the anti-firearms-that-look-scary crowd feels about knife ownership? There's a lot more knives involved in crime/assault/murder than there are firearms in Canada.

Should the average Canadian be allowed to own one of these? It's a knife that seems to have no practical use other than the very-specific purpose that it was designed for (combat). http://www.beshknives.com/models.php

I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

That's a black knife, too, making it even more scary than if it were pink or blue.

Just like that black rifle is so scary compared to the same one in a brown wooden stock.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#TrudeauMustGo
puterbrother
Fledgling

Post by puterbrother »

crookedmember wrote: Jan 18th, 2022, 4:35 pm Gun control is here to stay in Canada, and more control is coming due to its overwhelming popularity and effectiveness. Few Canadians want to move towards the horrendous dumpster fire of school shootings and gun-assisted domestic violence plaguing our neighbour to the south.

More access to guns is a losing issue for any political party in Canada, as Mr. O'Toole found as he flip-flopped his way through the last campaign trying to appease the gun nuts, while not horrifying the vast majority.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Well...as far as what you call a "dumpster fire" down south,they are a different culture from us,so that's not going to happen.
Seeing as how you are so good with finding graphs of gun violence deaths around the world,try looking up deaths by other means around the world and watch,to your horror as the graph looks a lot different.The tool may change but the result is the same.This may be hard for you to understand given your political view,but your Government is not your friend and IT will try to make you dependent on them at all cost.To do that they need us defenseless.I would LOVE to stand back and watch you flop around like a fish out of water when that happens but then it would be happening to me too.If you insist on trying to take my freedoms and you succeed,all I can say is, sit back and enjoy the show but I'm warning you you are not going to like the price of admission !
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

3-monkeys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 4:57 pm That's a black knife, too, making it even more scary than if it were pink or blue.

Just like that black rifle is so scary compared to the same one in a brown wooden stock.
Hrmm - well the handle on mine looks like I could easily remove it to spray it blue. Maybe even red. Might reduce the effectiveness on the handle grip surface, though.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

36Drew wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 8:47 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 4:57 pm That's a black knife, too, making it even more scary than if it were pink or blue.

Hrmm - well the handle on mine looks like I could easily remove it to spray it blue. Maybe even red. Might reduce the effectiveness on the handle grip surface, though.
You know, I think Liberals are racist against blacks. Black Archangel stocks, black Boyds stock, black Tapco stocks.

Good thing I chose the orange handled Outdoor Edge for skinning my deer - the black handled one scares Liberals and will probably be banned.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#TrudeauMustGo
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Somewhere around my home is a Damascus steel pocket knife I’ve had since the farm.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

GordonH wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 9:11 pm ^^^ Somewhere around my home is a Damascus steel pocket knife I’ve had since the farm.
The "farm" ?

---
thefarm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

sobrohusfat wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 9:33 pm
GordonH wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 9:11 pm ^^^ Somewhere around my home is a Damascus steel pocket knife I’ve had since the farm.
The "farm" ?

---

thefarm.jpg
Wrong farm [icon_lol2.gif] , dairy farm growing up on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 3:59 pm At least you tried, Gordy, whereas the Liberal pumperpoodle showed her complete lack of understanding of firearms but she feels very qualified to tell us what we should do with them.

These are exactly the same firearm, a Ruger 10/22, commonly used for hunting grouse and rabbits.
I didn't want to answer/ comment on your example and take the moment from you [icon_lol2.gif]

More people died of smoking within a 30 km radius of Kelowna this year than in all of Canada from guns.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 3:59 pm
GordonH wrote: Jan 20th, 2022, 12:16 pm

#1) looks more of traditional hunting rifle/hunter of wild game.
#2) looks more like a want to be soldier/hunter of humans.
At least you tried, Gordy, whereas the Liberal pumperpoodle showed her complete lack of understanding of firearms but she feels very qualified to tell us what we should do with them.

Liberals get so scared they wet their pants when they see the bottom one.
I am not a gun person.
birdsarentreal.com
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 21st, 2022, 6:51 am
More people died of smoking within a 30 km radius of Kelowna this year than in all of Canada from guns.
....except you can't kill other people with cigarettes, hey?

Return to “Canada”