More Scheer madness!

southy
Lord of the Board

More Scheer madness!

Post by southy »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... li=AAggNb9

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Yup these Conservatives boys and girls sure have it together! Disgusting - absolutely disgusting.
Shameful - utterly shameful - but then again why would one expect anything different from this group. God willing they keep up their infighting and keep it going till the next election. I see a landslide win by JT and the rest of the responsible Liberals.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: More Scheer madness!

Post by rustled »

southy wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... li=AAggNb9

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Yup these Conservatives boys and girls sure have it together! Disgusting - absolutely disgusting.
Shameful - utterly shameful - but then again why would one expect anything different from this group. God willing they keep up their infighting and keep it going till the next election. I see a landslide win by JT and the rest of the responsible Liberals.

What exactly disgusts you about this - that the Conservatives took it (as did the NDP, the Greens, and the Liberals), or that some of the Conservative leadership candidates are disagreeing with their party's use of the funds and promising to give it back?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
ksnosheeple
Fledgling

Post by ksnosheeple »

rustled wrote:
southy wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... li=AAggNb9

What exactly disgusts you about this - that the Conservatives took it (as did the NDP, the Greens, and the Liberals), or that some of the Conservative leadership candidates are disagreeing with their party's use of the funds and promising to give it back?

If you look at southy's past posts seems there's a complete infection of TDS, likely triggered by long term exposure to a previous case of HDS (Harper Derangement Syndrome). [icon_lol2.gif]
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

southy wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tory-leadership-candidates-slam-their-party-for-taking-trudeaus-covid-19-wage-subsidy/ar-BB14ztjt?li=AAggNb9

Ummmm excuse me the liberals were first up to the trough accepting their own handouts.
ksnosheeple
Fledgling

Post by ksnosheeple »

southy wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tory-leadership-candidates-slam-their-party-for-taking-trudeaus-covid-19-wage-subsidy/ar-BB14ztjt?li=AAggNb9

The last of the responsible Liberals retired from office 52 years ago.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I commend them for saying they wouldn't accept it. I think it is great that O'Toole says he would see it is paid back. I also think it is great that they would stand up and say something and not just whimper and follow party lines. We need more politicians that will stand up for what they believe even if it doesn't follow party lines. The Liberal bobble heads would probably stand there nodding in agreement.

EDIT TO ADD:

Jody Wilson-Raybould can attest to what happens if you don't agree and speak up in the Liberal party.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Let’s remember, if only for a minute, that these are hopefuls for the position of leader of the Conservative party. These are politicians among politicians, politicians squared if you will. Do you think that they are honestly outraged at their party’s choice to accept the wage subsidies, or are just hoping to appear outraged in the eyes of voters?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

fluffy wrote:Let’s remember, if only for a minute, that these are hopefuls for the position of leader of the Conservative party. These are politicians among politicians, politicians squared if you will. Do you think that they are honestly outraged at their party’s choice to accept the wage subsidies, or are just hoping to appear outraged in the eyes of voters?

Well, given that past behaviour is the best prediction of present and future behaviour I think you've nailed it :smt045
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

What voters are you talking about. Remember most people do not vote for party leaders. I would think it could hurt you just as much to stand up against the party. Especially if the majority of party members agreed with collecting it. For that reason I still like the idea they stood up and spoke out against the party. It could hurt them severely at voting time.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Smurf wrote:What voters are you talking about. Remember most people do not vote for party leaders. I would think it could hurt you just as much to stand up against the party. Especially if the majority of party members agreed with collecting it. For that reason I still like the idea they stood up and spoke out against the party. It could hurt them severely at voting time.

Call me cynical but the game of politics is best played by thinking a number of moves ahead. By “voters” I was referring to Canadians at large, more specifically those who will be voting in the next federal election. It’s been obvious for a while that the CPC specifically, along with small “c” conservatives in general, need some form of rebranding if they hope to pull votes from the left. There’s some pretty heavy symbolism in turning your back on free money when everybody else is bellying up to the trough. This move puts some distance between O’Toole and MacKay and the “old boys club” that the CPC has come to be seen as by many voters. Bringing the delegates back to their camp at the leadership convention would be easy enough if either of these runners can talk, a pretty basic skill for a professional politician.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

What a strange rant.
You start off by mentioning Scheer, but no where in the article do I see his name mentioned. Sure, behind the story he may have approved this, but really, what's your concern?
Are you opposed to this handout?
Are you opposed to MacKay O'Toole opposing it?
What are you upset about?

If you're somehow upset with Scheer, then I have an important announcement for you:
1. Andrew Scheer steps down as Conservative leader, but stays on as interim leader.
2. The 2020 Conservative Party of Canada leadership election will be held by postal ballot in August 2020 to choose a successor to Andrew Scheer.

So now maybe there's a chance you can rest easy.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

southy wrote: I see a landslide win by JT and the rest of the responsible Liberals.

"Responsible Liberals"? Where? And who is this "JT" exactly?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:Well, given that past behaviour is the best prediction of present and future behaviour I think you've nailed it :smt045

This is what I would expect a blind Liberal partisan to say.... :biggrin:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fluffy wrote:
Call me cynical .

You are cynical.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Politicians being politicians and people are surprised. :popcorn:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”