Canada Fails to Get a Security Council Seat

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Canada Fails to Get a Security Council Seat

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Yev Kassem sums it up perfectly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Yev Kassem sums it up perfectly.

I can see the likeness with George, looking into his bag for bread [icon_lol2.gif]
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

Now I see that the UN story has disappeared off Of most news feeds and we have the ad nauseam repeats of black racism stories, systemic racism , police brutality, systemic racism, disadvantaged women, throw in a climate change story here and there.along with look over there Stephen Harper and a story about natives and blacks being more likely to be shot.,repeating multiple times daily. The liberal mantra and bought off media is truly nauseating.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Love this comment off of CBC

Icarus falling to the ground at breakneck speed... I'm right, I'm always right, it's someone else's fault, quick award me my participation ribbon before I splatter.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Trudeau blames failed UN Security Council bid on late entry to race, others blame 'superficial' foreign policy

OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau blamed Canada’s failed attempt to gain a UN Security Council seat on entering the race late — a decision he deliberately made in 2016 after other countries’ campaigns were well underway.

“It was the prime minister’s decision to enter late,” said Adam Chapnick, a professor at the Royal Military College and author of a book on Canada and the UN. “He has identified the exact reason that Canada did not perform as well as the government wanted it to.”

But one former Canadian ambassador blamed the failure on the Trudeau government’s superficial foreign policy that hamstrung its diplomats.

“It shows that through the Trudeau years Canada’s superficiality and insouciance in foreign affairs got through to the rest of the world, and the world decided we were too flimsy, unfocused, ad hoc and chaotic to merit support,” said Stephen Lewis, a lifelong New Democrat who was appointed by then Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney to be his UN ambassador in the 1980s.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tr ... &ocid=iehp
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

4 :cuss: years to run a campaign is not long enough?? What does he think this is, an American election?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Maybe he didn't speak Moistly enough to the rest of the UN.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Attachments
IMG-20200617-WA0006.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

George Orwell 1984 wrote:Now I see that the UN story has disappeared off Of most news feeds and we have the ad nauseam repeats of black racism stories, systemic racism , police brutality, systemic racism, disadvantaged women, throw in a climate change story here and there.along with look over there Stephen Harper and a story about natives and blacks being more likely to be shot.,repeating multiple times daily. The liberal mantra and bought off media is truly nauseating.

Oh Thank God! I thought I was going nuts! Its getting rather the stupid. Dare say so and my goodness you have to be the biggest racist there is...the soup de jour is rancid.
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Attachments
CDCAA558-DF01-4602-AA80-6685762CE812.jpeg
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

Th e above cartoon depicts it quite well except for the Trudeau door mat. I so wish the man would just step down, go away. He has damaged Canada enough!!
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ka-El wrote:Canada’s response to COVID is likely the only thing Trudeau has going for him, but even that is going to be suspect if he keeps printing money like it is only paper. He was trying to make Canada getting a seat on the Security Counsel some great accomplishment he could include in his “legacy” but that didn’t work. Some would ask why this was such a big deal anyway as the seat is temporary, and any vote pretty much meaningless as it could be overturned by one of the countries with veto power. And his spiel that “Canada is back” did not impress many at the UN as other many countries never left. I really wonder how important getting a seat back on the Security Counsel was to Canadians? It seems Trudeau was betting a lot on that and the failure to do so is going to be laid directly at his feet as it was all on him. It is going to be an interesting election.

Even this, I realize you need to get help to the people in the most expedient way. However, run my social insurance number, it will match my name. It will also show you my earnings from last year.

Now explain to me how street people who did not likely do income tax and Federal Inmates also qualified? Therefore I disagree, he failed. I can't imagine owning a large new apartment complex where the BANK wants their monthly and no-one is paying you rent. Again, not sure on that one either.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

I don't believe it was in the best interests of Canadians to be on that seat. If you look into United Nations New World Order and Agenda 21, it's an eco-totalitarian regime. It's tyranny to the 10th power.
Last edited by Richadio on Jun 20th, 2020, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Attachments
Media bias.jpg
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ken7 wrote: Now explain to me how street people who did not likely do income tax and Federal Inmates also qualified? Therefore I disagree, he failed. I can't imagine owning a large new apartment complex where the BANK wants their monthly and no-one is paying you rent. Again, not sure on that one either.

Can’t explain that one Ken. I think you might agree with me that the response to this crisis by government’s around the world (not only by our government) has seemed desperate and severe – a reflection on just how much was not and is still not known about this virus I suspect, and the risk it still presents. Did Trudeau fail in his response? I think that after the fact we will be able to identify a whole multitude of mistakes made by this government, and by governments around the world. I’m not defending Trudeau here, but the crisis created by this pandemic was and is really unprecedented. From China to the WHO, to Brazil and the United States all kinds of mistakes are being realized by governing bodies around the world in trying to stem the transmission of this virus. Do we really believe a different government in Canada would have handled this any better? I know the partisans will say so, but they’ll have no factual evidence to back that claim up either. This is unchartered territory.

Return to “Canada”