Sophie Trudeau's charity gets $900 million from taxpayers

bernie428
Board Meister

Re: Sophie Trudeau's charity gets $900 million from taxpayer

Post by bernie428 »

I hope this goes further and further.
After they shut down this crap show, we need a proper all party investigation into lobbying.
Thank goodness for the CBC busting WE and Trudeau, and breaking this wide open.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

When cornered they use the old "Think of the children!!!" defensive deflection.

It's incredibly ironic for the Kielburgers to complain about how "the politics" have impacted their organizations' ability to engage youth, when all along so much of their organizations' efforts have been about engaging youth in specific political agendas.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
It's incredibly ironic for the Kielburgers to complain about how "the politics" have impacted their organizations' ability to engage youth, when all along so much of their organizations' efforts have been about engaging youth in specific political agendas.
Yes, Rex nailed it 100% on their idiotic "woke" agenda. They were all about indoctrinating kids in Leftist garbage. Which is why Justin loves them so much.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

That chime that keeps going off and interrupting the people asking the Kielburgers questions - is that someone texting the brothers what to respond with?
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

rustled wrote:That chime that keeps going off and interrupting the people asking the Kielburgers questions - is that someone texting the brothers what to respond with?
For sure. Hope they have an unlimited text plan.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

There's a guy that lives near me and drives a company vehicle. There's advertising all over the side of it, various companies and charities, and guess what one of them is?
ME to WE. :200: :swear:

I'l have to have a talk with him, but definitely send off a nasty email to his company, and remind them that ME to WE is not a charity, but a "for-profit-company".
If I could post on here who the company was, I would, but....
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Five key takeaways from the Kielburger brothers’ testimony

Craig and Marc Kielburger testified before the House of Commons ethics committee on Monday for the second time on the matter of the now-defunct $912-million summer student grant program their WE Charity had been tapped to administer in the summer of 2020. The brothers arrived with their lawyer in tow—and on screen—and their hands balled into rhetorical fists, telling the members of the committee, “Today we are taking a stand.”

Their comments were testy, frustrated, even grief-stricken about what the controversy surrounding the grant program had cost them, their organization and the work it does.

Here are five things we learned from their appearance:

1. How do you make a not-heart symbol with your hands on a hypothetical billboard? Whatever it is, that’s how they feel toward the government right now.

The controversy around WE being tapped to administer the grant program is rooted in the opposition contention that the organization was overly chummy with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, former finance minister Bill Morneau and their families. Trudeau and Morneau have both since conceded that they should have stepped back from any decisions involving WE given their connections to the organization.

But based on Monday’s testimony, there’s little love lost between the WE founders and Liberal politicians now. WE was simply offering to help, as charities do, Mark Kielburger said, but they are innocent bystanders in the political storm that followed.

“We didn’t advise the Prime Minister and Mr. Morneau not to recuse themselves. We never prorogued Parliament. We’re not involved in the decision to filibuster the committee this fall,” he said. “This is a political scandal for the government, not WE Charity. The government hid behind a children’s charity by letting it take the fall for their political decisions.”
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... d=msedgntp

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Trudeau and Morneau would be sent straight to the gallows if the Burger Boys were ever to give full disclosure. The opposition knows what happened, they just need the smoking gun to prove it before it is made public.

I think Pierre Poilievre opened their eyes when he warned them that perjury is a criminal offense - platitudes for Justin and evasive, conflicting answers put the Burgers' own butts on the line. It looks like the honeymoon for Justin love is nearing an end. Stay tuned!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lock em up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

in case you missed it....Burger Boys squirming...so awesome to see...

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Five key takeaways from the Kielburger brothers’ testimony

SNIP
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... d=msedgntp
Before the committee, Marc Kielburger said his charity had been “destroyed by political crossfire,” and he listed off the many good works his organization had put out into the world that would now be wiped out.

“Many good people are delivering these projects,” he said. “They do not deserve to be political pawns.”
This from someone who's benefited from using our youth, who have never deserved to be political pawns.

Speaking of "destroyed by political crossfire", one wonders how many other people's efforts have been destroyed by the political crossfire the Kielburgers' organizations have generated.

Life's funny that way, Marc. Consider yourself "woke" to having your efforts bulldozed by political crossfire staged for someone else's benefit.

Loved that it was people in the Kielburgers' organizations who said the donor signage for their overseas schools should be installed with Velcro. Oh, the righteous indignation! The boys assured us they will get to the bottom of this!! LOL.

(Also found it highly amusing that one of the Liberal committee members didn't seem to think the in-kind and travel-related benefits the Kielburgers' organizations paid for should be considered benefits for those enjoying the trip. One can see the mindset here: if someone else paid for a Trudeau's getaway to another city, we mustn't consider it in ANY way a benefit to a Trudeau.)

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but it seems clear to me these two have LONG parted ways with genuinely doing the right thing for the right reasons, and they are now reaping what they have too-long sown.

TL/DR: If the Kielburgers' "good works" in Canada are to be sacrificed on the altar of protecting the Trudeau Liberals from the consequences of the Trudeau Liberals' actions, they can take comfort in knowing "it's all for the greater good".

And I for one am simply glad their organizations no longer have access to our schools.
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote:

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but it seems clear to me these two have LONG parted ways with genuinely doing the right thing for the right reasons, and they are now reaping what they have too-long sown.
I found it pretty funny that Pierre P. has to keep his own timer on how much time he has to speak, as the Liberals continuously try to cut him off before his time is done, especially if the person that he is questioning is on the ropes. He was able to embarrass the idiot Liberal in charge of the proceedings by pointing out that he had over a minute left of his time, and she finally had to admit that Pierre was right. These corrupt Liberals never miss a trick, just such true scum-bags.

And I for one am simply glad their organizations no longer have access to our schools.
I am too Rustled, but you know that these two Burger bums will just be replaced by some other brain-washing organization, as the teacher unions just love bringing kids in to these mass brain-washing sessions, and parents are just too disconnected to care. I know of several parents who finally did some research and had their kids pulled from these idiotic "We-Days", but just not enough parents cared, and our school districts and principals did our kids a lot of harm by exposing them to this awful garbage. I remember one teacher who used to post here, who was a particular militant leftists, used to wax on about how great these We Days were for the kids, until I pointed out that they were nothing but evil Leftist indoctrination and utter trash. Oh how easy it was for these two Burger weasels to infiltrate and be given full access to our "skulls full of mush" kids. (H/T to Rush on that one).

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:I found it pretty funny that Pierre P. has to keep his own timer on how much time he has to speak, as the Liberals continuously try to cut him off before his time is done, especially if the person that he is questioning is on the ropes.
Yeah, the brothers continually tried to delay the next question they didn't want him to ask by pretending to come to some sort of answer (much like Trudeau does).

They also made it more difficult for Fortin (or 410, if we're to believe the autotext :biggrin: ) to ask questions by pretending they didn't understand his French. Sleazy monkeys.

I hope you're wrong about the Kielburgers being quickly replaced by a similar organization to promote a specific political agenda using students as pawns, but I expect you're right. It's been going on for years. I remember my parents expressing concern about their children spending so much time in the gym, being groomed by those who figured it was appropriate to mould students into minions long before we were ready to grasp the difference between our civic responsibility, and someone's manipulation of our natural inclinations to do the right thing for their particular agenda. Seems people who thought it was ok for one organization to "get 'em young and groom 'em thoroughly" spared little thought to the next organization's agenda and the inevitable consequences. With fewer and fewer objections from teachers and parents, some of these agendas have gone too far and some are finally speaking up. Too little too late? Anyway,

:topic: It will be interesting to see if the Trudeau Liberals' sacrificial slaying of the Kielburgers' access to Canadian youth will prove as successful a deflection as tossing JWR and Philpott on the pyre.
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Matt Gurney: Kielburgers torpedo relationship with Liberals — 'We never prorogued Parliament'

It was maybe an hour or so into the Kielburger brothers’ testimony on Monday when Nathaniel Erskine-Smith finally cut to the heart of the matter. The Liberal MP, in his mild and polite way, absolutely skewered the Kielburgers over the heartbreaking story shared by U.S. journalist Reed Cowan. Cowan had donated to WE Charity, and helped raise a sum reportedly running into the millions. Cowan was told by WE that the funds had gone to the construction of a school in Kenya, and that a plaque honouring Cowan’s late son Wesley had been put up in his honour. The problem is that the plaque was later taken down and replaced by another plaque, honouring another donor, which Cowan discovered on a subsequent visit.

Cowan has called for an investigation of the practice, backed by NDP MP Charlie Angus. Was WE selling the same honours over and over to credulous donors? If so, where was the money going? “I’ve tried to think it through,” Erskine-Smith said. “I just can’t think of an answer to (changing the plaques).”

It was a brutal exchange. The Kielburgers acknowledged vague wrongdoing to the House of Commons ethics committee, stressing that it was “15 years ago” and say they’re investigating. But Erskine-Smith’s questions revealed the fundamental truth of Monday’s proceedings — the WE scandal has mutated, in the vernacular of the times. It’s still a scandal involving the lousy judgment, at best, of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his former finance minister, Bill Morneau. But it’s now unavoidably also about the Kielburgers and their personal credibility, not to mention the credibility of the constellation of WE-branded organizations they spent their lives building and must now defend.

*snip*
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/m ... d=msedgntp

Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Burger Boys just wrote their confessions to a long and well-deserved jail sentence for perjury. Thank you Mr Poilievre for your hard work on exposing these criminals.

https://www.facebook.com/PierrePoilievr ... 3683507379
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”