Libs likely to get majority next election

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Libs likely to get majority next election

Post by bob vernon »

Hurtlander wrote:
bob vernon wrote:Coulda had Andy Scheer who probably would have let the masses of Canadians have another disaster like the Great Depression and a few wealthy Canadians rolling in their cash. Or we could have Justin giving the masses cash to tide them over until we can get past Covid and restart.

The preference of Canadians will be obvious after the next election. And the ranting and raging will continue on this site.

Are you suggesting that Scheer would’ve taken a different approach than Premiers Ford, Higgs, Pallister, King, Moe and Kenney ? Even Horgan for that matter ? Those non Liberal Premiers have all been doing an exemplary job during this crisis.. It’s really disingenuous to suggest a Conservative government would’ve failed Canada during this Pandemic.

Yeah, I'm suggesting that.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

bob vernon wrote:
Hurtlander wrote:Are you suggesting that Scheer would’ve taken a different approach than Premiers Ford, Higgs, Pallister, King, Moe and Kenney ? Even Horgan for that matter ? Those non Liberal Premiers have all been doing an exemplary job during this crisis.. It’s really disingenuous to suggest a Conservative government would’ve failed Canada during this Pandemic.

Yeah, I'm suggesting that.

Then, unless you have a crystal ball, you’re not as smart as I thought you were.

NOBODY knows what MIGHT have happened, only what DID happen. And, early on in this Pandemic, the Liberals were so busy calling people racists for wanting to limit travel from highly infected areas, that they allowed this disease to take a firmer hold in Canada than they should have.

Politics and Public Health are not a good mix.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

bob vernon wrote:Yeah, I'm suggesting that.

Trump even did the right thing...

Blind party support is why Trudeau doesn't care how many scandals he's apart of, you'll still vote for him.

Look I'm not a fan of the Conservatives either, nor the NDP. I think corruption has no place in politics, especially since they blow hardworking taxpayer dollars like a shopping spree at Costco.

So just know while I bash the Liberals for their mess, I'd also bash the Conservatives. Currently I find the Liberals (Trudeau) to be apart of the worst group of people to ever govern. I'm certain their policies are in the right mindset but the execution has been noting but embarrassing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Merry wrote:Then, unless you have a crystal ball, you’re not as smart as I thought you were.

LOL - luckily I never had that problem Merry. But when it comes to paid Liberal DI's, it's not about smart, it's about posting what the Liberal mother ship is telling you to post.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

Scheer hands a reporter's *bleep* to her. Justin paid her to focus on B.S. to deflect from his scandals and unprecedented economic destruction, and it blew right back into her face.

Good job Andrew!

https://twitter.com/AndrewLawton/status ... 2794503169
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Pete Podoski wrote:Scheer hands a reporter's *bleep* to her. Justin paid her to focus on B.S. to deflect from his scandals and unprecedented economic destruction, and it blew right back into her face.

Good job Andrew!

https://twitter.com/AndrewLawton/status ... 2794503169

Great job Andrew, as always. Such an idiotic question. What infuriated me even more was that the reporter name dropped that drunken lunatic Elizabeth May, as someone who is criticizing Scheer for "not taking the pandemic seriously". My goodness, what a brain-dead moonbat Elizabeth May is. Everyone in her riding who keeps voting her in should be hanging their heads in shame today. Just the worst.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Merry wrote:No, I think that losing not one, but two elections has probably humbled them. Now it’s time for the Libs to learn the same lesson.

If that's what the voters decide, the so be it. I make no secret of the fact that I think Canadian has gone off the rails no matter what party you're looking at. To me we'd just be changing from one crook to the next again. In the bigger picture I think that right wing politics in general is responsible for things like the widening gap in income distribution, which is leaving too many Canadians in the dust, but I don't see the Libs as particularly willing to take this on as an issue either because it is the same dark money that drives their machine too.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

fluffy wrote: In the bigger picture I think that right wing politics in general is responsible for things like the widening gap in income distribution, which is leaving too many Canadians in the dust

Because giving our money to the multi-billionaire Weston family, friends of Justin Trudeau, isn't widening the income gap.

Alrighty then.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Pete Podoski wrote:Because giving our money to the multi-billionaire Weston family, friends of Justin Trudeau, isn't widening the income gap.

Didn't I just say that? You really need some new material.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I agree with fluffy that both the Libs AND the Cons are often too quick to cater to their wealthy corporate friends, at the expense of the rest of us. And I’ve often stated that many of their policies are similar, despite what they try to make us believe. But the fact is that, right now, there is no credible alternative.

The Greens, despite their claims, are still mainly a “one trick pony”, and the NDP have allowed their leadership to be too heavily influenced by environmental radicals, who don’t care how much their policies hurt the average worker.

So, until a new Leader or Party emerges that can provide us with a credible alternative, we’re stuck with picking “the best of a bad bunch”. And right now, given all the Liberal missteps and unethical behaviour during their term in Office, the Conservatives are the better alternative.

Voting Governments out of Office when they become as arrogant as Trudeau’s Liberals is the ONLY tool voters have to try to get them to smarten up. But tools are only useful when used.

Fear of losing power is the only thing power hungry people will respond to. And most political leaders are VERY power hungry.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Just watching the news, and apparently several members of the Trudeau family have been paid by WE on many occasions for various speaking engagements.

There are also many experts who say WE was not the best choice for the job the Trudeau Govt gave them, because they didn’t have the necessary expertise.

And the ethics commissioner is investigating why Trudeau didn’t recuse himself when giving the contract to WE was discussed by cabinet.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Wex what???

Wexit Sentiments Down Since Liberals Re-Elected: Poll

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/wex ... 8fc10fa39e
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

"Liberals hold wide lead over Conservatives"

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/electio ... er/canada/
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

Just how much credibility can a poll posted by the CBC carry ?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted the popularity of the Liberals, who would likely form a majority government if an election were held today. The Conservatives have taken the biggest hit in the polls since the October election, while the New Democrats have held steady. The Bloc Québécois and Greens have experienced only a modest dip in support.

Still lots of time :smt045

Return to “Canada”