Reckless jet skiers endanger surfers in Tofino

featfan
Guru

Reckless jet skiers endanger surfers in Tofino

Post by featfan »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5641222

Maybe they are just practicing waiting for a target to come from back East.
Boosted632
Banned

Re: Reckless jet skiers endanger surfers in Tofino

Post by Boosted632 »

I must have missed the part where surfers were "endangered"
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Boosted632 wrote:I must have missed the part where surfers were "endangered"

No kidding me too . Once again Typical CBC crap .
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Just the pot smokin granola munchin hippie surfers trying to get jet skis banned from "their" surf beach
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

I was just wishing that Justin would have a jet ski land on his head.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

"Transport Canada guidelines for the use of jet skis and other personal watercraft include recommendations to avoid high speeds near shore and to avoid swimmers and surfers."

It has nothing to do with surfers trying to ban people from using the beach. It comes down to their safety while using the beach. I'm sure there is no shortage of waves to jump in Tofino so why must they choose the waves full of people swimming and surfing? A lot of pleasure craft operators these days are becoming careless and making questionable choices causing those of us that follow the rules and ensure the safety of those around us to be painted with the same brush.

I'm sure these guys were just having a good time and were avoiding people in the water but operating these machines in such tight quarters is poor judgement on their part.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The angle the video was taken and "zoom" does not show actual seperation of the two groups. This is an old trick used to make things look WORSE than they are.......and especially in "today's" times of separation.
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

lesliepaul wrote:The angle the video was taken and "zoom" does not show actual seperation of the two groups. This is an old trick used to make things look WORSE than they are.......and especially in "today's" times of separation.

Yes that could potentially be the case but neither of us know for a fact if there was or not.

After playing the video a couple times I have noticed surfers in the distance disappear behind the jet ski as it goes by so that tells me they were between some of them. If the distance was safe or not we wont know unless another video surfaces. Either way they are still operating close to shore where people swim which is a poor choice

Return to “Canada”