Trudeau lied under oath

roseridge
Board Meister

Trudeau lied under oath

Post by roseridge »

Marc Kielburger, the co-founder of the WE Charity along with his brother Craig, informed the Commons Finance Committee on Tuesday that in addition to the previously discovered $312,000 paid to Margaret Trudeau for speaking at WE Day, the prime minister's mother was also reimbursed $167,944 in expenses. This morning, while under oath, Justin Trudeau categorically denied his wife received payment from WE to speak in London, and he denies knowing how much his cronies received. It was revealed Sophie Trudeau received a speaking honorarium at a speaking event. It is time for Justin Trudeau and Bill Morneau to step down, and face a criminal investigation, along with a vote of non-confidence and an election.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau lied under oath

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Trudeau lied under oath

In other news, the sun rose in the east today. Trudeau has lied many times about the WE scandal, and lied many times yesterday while under oath. He said he wasn't friends with the Burgers, just that he "knows them." What a load of bunk. They are thicker than thieves - oh wait, that's a self-conflicting adage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

:200: I am in total shock a politician who lied, btw this is what politicians do all the time.
Also none of the political parties are immune to lying, they all do it.
You just have to pick 1 you are okay with.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Only when his lips moved.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

GordonH wrote::200: I am in total shock a politician who lied, btw this is what politicians do all the time.

Or, we can stand up for ourselves and demand they be held accountable for their inappropriate actions.

I wonder if I could start a charity, tell the public I help homeless with the cash, then buy real estate and then get basran to give me money to hand out to homeless in Kelowna, for which I'll hire his mom to speak at the event, paying her money.

I bet I'd be in jail in less than a week.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote::200: I am in total shock a politician who lied, btw this is what politicians do all the time.

Sparki55 wrote:Or, we can stand up for ourselves and demand they be held accountable for their inappropriate actions.

I wonder if I could start a charity, tell the public I help homeless with the cash, then buy real estate and then get basran to give me money to hand out to homeless in Kelowna, for which I'll hire his mom to speak at the event, paying her money.

I bet I'd be in jail in less than a week.

I agree every politician should be 100% accountable for their actions or lack of actions, depending which fits.

Since in the last election jt lost the popular vote, he should realize the ice is very thin under his feet.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

GordonH wrote: Since in the last election jt lost the popular vote, he should realize the ice is very thin under his feet.

I would not be surprised to see a non-confidence vote coming up pretty quickly (in fact, I would be surprised if one didn't).
I hope the Conservatives (and NDP) are ready to campaign. We desperately need some other choices.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote:I would not be surprised to see a non-confidence vote coming up pretty quickly (in fact, I would be surprised if one didn't).
I hope the Conservatives (and NDP) are ready to campaign. We desperately need some other choices.

The Liberals won't want another election until this WE thing has blown over, and so their usual meat puppets, the NDP, won't be used to trigger a non-confidence until the polls showing PM Fake Eyebrow is back firmly in the lead in the polls. And he probably will get there, thanks to Quebec and the Maritimes. It was no different in 1980 when Evil Pierre used Ed Broaddense to trigger a non-confidence vote on Joe Clark as soon as the Liberals started creeping back up in the polls.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Realistically I can't see that happening right now. It's pretty early, even for minority governments. Also it would not exactly be the best time to send Canadians back to the polls unless absolutely necessary.

Most minority governments have lasted less than two years. The average duration of completed minorities in Canada is 479 days or approximately 1 year
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

I'm surprised that absolute idiots make up 43% of the population. Are these the same people that help out Nigerian princes with a million dollars to give away?

At this point, the majority – 57 per cent, according to Abacus – think the Liberals used public money to reward their friends.

Trudeau may have persuaded those still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But there are fewer and fewer of those people.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

His script was written is such a way that he did not lie. He further did not answer any questions asked of him.

Sadly, to get to the bottom the moderator should have the power to hold all witnesses accountable and make them answer the question.

This process is not worth anything. Can't imagine if it was like that in Criminal Cout.

Question - So Constable how many times did you punch the suspect?

Answer - I was trained to use only as much force as is necessary. I used only that much force.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I would like to know if anybody knows for sure and is not speculating please. Has Trudeau done anything that could lead to jail time.? I kind of doubt it. Lying under oath isn't grounds for going to jail probably but I sure hope it is. And please don't chime with what you think, just chime if you know. Nobody cares what people think when they don't know. Just somebody with some knowledge I would love to hear the answer to.. but I think punishments should be much stiffer for politicians who lie under oath or are caught in a conflict of interest that directly benefits them should face much stiffer penalties as they are in the position of trust. I bet if we stiffen the rules for that we may have a few less lying cheating politicians.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

common_sense_guy wrote:I would like to know if anybody knows for sure and is not speculating please. Has Trudeau done anything that could lead to jail time.? I kind of doubt it. Lying under oath isn't grounds for going to jail probably but I sure hope it is. And please don't chime with what you think, just chime if you know. Nobody cares what people think when they don't know. Just somebody with some knowledge I would love to hear the answer to.. but I think punishments should be much stiffer for politicians who lie under oath or are caught in a conflict of interest that directly benefits them should face much stiffer penalties as they are in the position of trust. I bet if we stiffen the rules for that we may have a few less lying cheating politicians.

Having sex with a teen-aged student is statutory rape, so that one is a slam dunk criminal conviction.

Lying under oath is perjury, a criminal offence.

Interfering in a criminal investigation is obstruction of justice, a criminal offence.

Accepting a gift from a lobbyist is a criminal offence, subject to a maximum of 14 years in jail.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Stay on topic!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Canada”