Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
54%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
46%

Total votes: 210

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I'm waiting.

No one here to defund oops, defend the Communist Broadcast Corporation?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

bb49 wrote: Sep 28th, 2022, 7:52 pm I'm waiting.

Once again all's quiet from the Justin Trudeau seal clapping crickets
Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

blueliner wrote: Sep 28th, 2022, 8:17 pm

Yeah! Get your wallets out as well as show support with a blue thumb up for the CBC.

Or should the poll be changed to seeing more coverage of Trudeau's hair? :up:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I think they are using up all their resources just trying to keep JTs head above water. A thankless and endless job. There’s very little steam left over to defend JTs mouthpiece, the CBC
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 29th, 2022, 9:12 am

I think they are using up all their resources just trying to keep JTs head above water. A thankless and endless job. There’s very little steam left over to defend JTs mouthpiece, the CBC
They’re probably also waiting for the midweek email with the latest updated talking points.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Here's a good article about how CBC is the real threat to private Canadian media.

It basically boils down to CBC taking $1.4 BILLION in subsidies then steals advertising revenue away from the private companies all the while offering "free" services to their followers.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/column ... adlineNews

It's time for Canada's media executives to demand CBC stop using their $1.5 billion in annual subsidy to compete with the private sector
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

bb49 wrote: Oct 4th, 2022, 8:38 pm Here's a good article about how CBC is the real threat to private Canadian media.

It basically boils down to CBC taking $1.4 BILLION in subsidies then steals advertising revenue away from the private companies all the while offering "free" services to their followers.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/column ... adlineNews

It's time for Canada's media executives to demand CBC stop using their $1.5 billion in annual subsidy to compete with the private sector
Way past due DEFUND THE CBC
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 17th, 2022, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong thread for this post.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

And there it is in even bigger print then ever before.
This has been on their site ever since that cop down south put his knee on a drug addict's back, but now this pic is full screen.
I've never clicked on it, no interest but CBC keeps pushing their agenda.

Defund the Police CBC.
Screenshot (15).png

#StandUpToJewishHate
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bb49 wrote: Oct 19th, 2022, 10:12 pm And there it is in even bigger print then ever before.
This has been on their site ever since that cop down south put his knee on a drug addict's back, but now this pic is full screen.
I've never clicked on it, no interest but CBC keeps pushing their agenda.

Defund the Police CBC.
Blech.

I tried to listen to CBC radio off and on for a few days. Couldn't stomach the maudlin emotion-laden manipulative storytelling. And that was the "news"! Switched it back to another station yesterday after they worked "climate change" into two "stories" in a row.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

rustled wrote: Oct 19th, 2022, 11:16 pm Blech.

I tried to listen to CBC radio off and on for a few days. Couldn't stomach the maudlin emotion-laden manipulative storytelling. And that was the "news"! Switched it back to another station yesterday after they worked "climate change" into two "stories" in a row.
well, as the saying says- variety makes the world go around. :up:
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Tyrian-Quill wrote: Oct 19th, 2022, 11:38 pm
rustled wrote: Oct 19th, 2022, 11:16 pm Blech.

well, as the saying says- variety makes the world go around. :up:
We're not funding variety with taxpayer money, though: we only fund one radio station with taxpayer money. We get to stop supporting stations except for the only one funded with our tax dollars - the one most controlled by our government.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

rustled wrote: Oct 20th, 2022, 7:17 am
We're not funding variety with taxpayer money, though: we only fund one radio station with taxpayer money. We get to stop supporting stations except for the only one funded with our tax dollars - the one most controlled by our government.
Understood.

Our opinion differs on this matter.
:130:

Edited in: I am not here to preach nor convert - I leave you with your opinion and wish you have a good day.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: Oct 19th, 2022, 11:16 pm
Blech.

Yes, the delirious zealotry of the CBC (and other government "news" networks like the BBC etc) to work the man-made climate change fraud into every single story really is stomach-churning. There should be no confusion as to why insanely stupid young people are throwing soup on Van Gogh paintings and setting themselves on fire (accidentally which makes it kind of funny) on tennis courts at major tennis tournaments, all in the name of "you don't get it, we're all going to die!!!!!!" Of course these easily impressionable idiots are going to be induced into these reprehensible acts, because of the scum running the 24 hour fear mongering about fairy tales on the CBC. Just such evil awful people.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”