Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
54%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
46%

Total votes: 210

nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I am glad that the CBC is nothing like the cliches I just read. Phew! Nothing woke about HNIC and hockey players thrashing each other.

mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 6:36 pm I am glad that the CBC is nothing like the cliches I just read. Phew! Nothing woke about HNIC and hockey players thrashing each other.

For those that do not understand, hockey is one of the unscripted sports, unlike commercial wrestling.
The CBC has to actually live with facts as far as hockey goes.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

Good one!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

This pathetic display of the guy in the red was a perfect illustration of conservatives as opposition. And in committees. The conservatives get fillibuster in the corner....and then start a fight. And then......nothing. Leaving Trudeau and the Liberals walking away with a grin. Man I love the CBC and hockey! So many parallels to real-life events in Ottawa.

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 7:58 pm This pathetic display of the guy in the red was a perfect illustration of conservatives as opposition.
Since the video is age restricted, no one is going to bother watching it. But you are right, the Conservatives are better as government. And in defunding the CBC. Which just plain sucks.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Amazing the power of politics.

Measuring the Canadian news media’s great awokening
Fourth, there may be an increasing ideological skew among news media professionals, with some evidence showing that journalists are becoming increasingly and disproportionately left leaning.

Fifth, this pattern could also be partially explained as cultural shifts, such as the rise of identity politics, especially victimhood identity.

And finally, news media may have financial incentives to use highly emotional language in order to maximize digital “click-throughs.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/op ... 62bc&ei=23
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 6:36 pm I am glad that the CBC is nothing like the cliches I just read.
No, they are even worse than the cliches. Far far worse.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/han-do ... -1.6787960

CBC story on the Canadian traitor, Dong.
They shut comments off after three hours. They couldn't handle the abuse being thrown at the Liberals. Cowards.

Dong must go.
Trudeau must go.
Liberals must go.
CBC MUST GO.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Defund the CBC
removed
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Mar 22nd, 2023, 10:20 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/han-do ... -1.6787960

CBC story on the Canadian traitor, Dong.
They shut comments off after three hours. They couldn't handle the abuse being thrown at the Liberals. Cowards.

Dong must go.
Trudeau must go.
Liberals must go.
CBC MUST GO.
:up: Yep, like I've been saying as well, without most of canadians media being so sworn to support and protect this Liberalism at every expense, under normal unbiased free news and journalism, trudeau and these liberals would be in hiding.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Mar 22nd, 2023, 10:20 pm Dong must go.
Trudeau must go.
Liberals must go.
CBC MUST GO.
We live in a democracy. If that's what Canada wants, that's what we'll vote for...
77TA
Lord of the Board

Post by 77TA »

countmeout wrote: Mar 23rd, 2023, 8:29 am
Trudeau must go.
Liberals must go.
CBC MUST GO.
We live in a democracy. If that's what Canada wants, that's what we'll vote for...
That's what Canada wants.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

countmeout wrote: Mar 23rd, 2023, 8:29 am
Trudeau must go.
Liberals must go.
CBC MUST GO.
No matter how much the Liberals use Chinese help to circumvent it. Amazing that it wasn't the CBC that broke open this Chinese interference scandal. Just amazing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CBC doing what they do best (other than wasting billions and being as woke and stupid as possible) - catching farts for the scumbag evil Liberals. The CBC just plain sucks.
Adam Zivo: CBC keeps coming to Trudeau's defence over interference scandal

The CBC’s coverage of the China interference scandal has often been questionable and partisan. Though its unsurprising that the organization has chosen to act, yet again, as the Liberals’ state-funded PR wing, its recent decision to platform an apologist for Beijing’s genocide against the Uyghurs is a new low.

During the initial phase of the scandal, in mid to late February, the CBC provided relatively little coverage of China’s election meddling. Articles from that time disproportionately focussed on Trudeau’s rebuttals to his critics, including claims that the intelligence leaks detailing Beijing’s interference campaigns were allegedly “inaccurate.”

At the same time, the CBC seemed to frame the scandal as just a Conservative hit job. This narrative was, at first, integral to the Liberals’ attempts to discredit the story: ”We did nothing wrong. The Conservatives are just blowing things out of proportion to manipulate you.”

Consider, for example, how the CBC reported on concerns about Trudeau’s failure to publicly disclose Beijing’s meddling. Political leaders and commentators of all backgrounds found Trudeau’s secrecy concerning, but the CBC largely ignored this, downplayed non-Conservative critics and focussed on Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre.

The headline in the end? “Poilievre accuses Trudeau of ignoring election interference by China.” Through this kind of subtle, but effective, spin, the CBC implied that the scandal was being driven by one man with a political agenda, rather than a chorus of voices from across the political spectrum.

In early March, Poilievre repeatedly questioned Trudeau about whether he had been warned that China was funnelling money to Canadian political candidates, but Trudeau refused to answer. The CBC initially reported on this exchange using an accurate and neutral headline — “Trudeau again deflects questions on foreign election interference.”

However, the headline was later adjusted to something that could, once again, give the impression of a partisan witch hunt – “As Poilievre presses on election interference, Trudeau calls suggestion he isn’t loyal to Canada ‘despicable.”

As further intelligence leaks pounded the Liberals, they found a new strategy: claim that your opponents are racist .

This didn’t go over well. In both progressive and conservative media, Chinese-Canadians spoke up about how criticising the Beijing government is not racist and, on the contrary, stopping foreign interference is integral to keeping Chinese-Canadians safe.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/a ... ddd34&ei=7
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
CBC, the official mouthpiece of the Liberals.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”