Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
58%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
42%

Total votes: 192

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by Hurtlander »

typhoon44 wrote:"Overall, we rate CBC Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that leans slightly left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record."
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cbc-news ... adcasting/

Oops.Did that break your narrative?

Even if everything they reported was 100% factual, which it isn’t, the reality is their market share is so small that their existence can’t be fiscally justified. The CBC is nothing more than a government make work project...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Pete Podoski
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Pete Podoski »

The C.B.C. needs more Nick Adonidas and less Justin Trudeau's socks.

Unfortunately, they seem unwilling to provide quality programming that Canadians can identify with, and instead focus on a millionaire's socks.

Joe Blow farmer and Joe Blow policeman and Joe Blow truck driver don't give a flying :cuss: about Justin's socks.

That's why their market share is 3% and they need billions of our dollars to pay the light bill.

The C.B.C. was good years ago, now it's putrid.
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Pete Podoski wrote:Unfortunately, they seem unwilling to provide quality programming that Canadians can identify with, and instead focus on a millionaire's socks.

I love listening to the podcasts on the CBC app, and watching the TV shows on CBC Gem. They offer a lot of different TV show options (We have really been enjoying Kim's Convenience lately), as well as a large selection of different documentaries, and even some main stream movies. ETA: My mom and step dad who are "Joe-blow" conservative farmers also like to consume CBC content, and they hate Trudeau. They are able to check their own biases on who they vote for, and still enjoy what is available.

Haven't once been exposed to any content about JT's socks. Everyone seem's really obsessed with socks for some reason. Maybe people should ask for a fun pair for Christmas, that might help :biggrin:
hail Satan y'all
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Pete Podoski wrote:The C.B.C. needs more Nick Adonidas .

And Joe Two Rivers... I guess I’m ageing myself.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Remember the good old days when we could laugh together at antics of politicians portrayed in Double Exposure and Airfarce?

Those would be banned today under the politically correct CBC radio as it is today.

How I miss those laughs of yesterday.

How I loathe the pap spoonfed to us today

Defund now!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Why is this even a question. Our Canadian fianincal's are a complete mess. We are in serious debt our children and economies can never repay. Some things have to go. CBC, get rid of it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catsumi wrote:Remember the good old days when we could laugh together at antics of politicians portrayed in Double Exposure and Airfarce?

Those would be banned today under the politically correct CBC radio as it is today.

How I miss those laughs of yesterday.

How I loathe the pap spoonfed to us today

Defund now!

Air Farce was a Sunday afternoon staple!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

CBC's new "National" introduction.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Canadian Fraud casting Corporation.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Okay, we're in agreement. We don't need a government protected television station to preserve Canadian identity.
The difference is that you think that's true because you don't like what they say.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

typhoon44 wrote:Okay, we're in agreement. We don't need a government protected television station to preserve Canadian identity.
The difference is that you think that's true because you don't like what they say.

They can say whatever they want, and choose to coddle up to the Left all they want, and reap the non-financial rewards of that decision, just don't expect people who think the Left are awful to subsidize this nonsense.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

I used to listen to "The Current", but now its become so Covid driven. Covid could...Science is evolving...... and then the Republican Party bashing.......sick of the bias and unbalanced opinions e.g. BLM.......yes it is terrible people are being shot, but that's where it starts and stops!
What were the circumstances leading up to the shooting?
Guarantee the CBC will not discuss the latest LA Sheriff's ambush shootings. The history of ambush shootings etc.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Wheels wrote:I used to listen to "The Current", but now its become so Covid driven. Covid could...Science is evolving...... and then the Republican Party bashing.......sick of the bias and unbalanced opinions e.g. BLM.......yes it is terrible people are being shot, but that's where it starts and stops!
What were the circumstances leading up to the shooting?
Guarantee the CBC will not discuss the latest LA Sheriff's ambush shootings. The history of ambush shootings etc.

Well they wouldn't want to anger their woke listeners by offering two sides to the story, now would they? Of course not. You pretty much nailed it, way too much representation of only one side of a news story, with no discussion of the other, just black and white news reporting, "those guys are bad" etc. It's really sad to see.

My big aha moment with CBC was one time I was forced to listen to CBC radio when nothing else was coming in on a road trip and there were some women on from National Action Committee on the Status of Women, who of course were hard-core feminists, but hard-core far-left feminists, so it was an entire hour of complaining and victim-hood nonsense, all fed by the interviewer who did nothing to challenge any of the insane nonsense that they were spouting. The last straw for me was when the interviewer asked about how many conservative women supported their group and the head of the group said "You can't be a conservative and be a feminist". What an outrageously stupid thing to say, but the interviewer just laughed and agreed. Why can't you be a conservative and a feminist? Because you don't want to be a victim? It was so gross, and so awful. I just wanted to cut all funding to the CBC right there. It was just morally wrong to fund a "news" organization that would be that blatantly biased and committed to sending out disinformation like that on the airwaves.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I haven't listened to CBC radio for a few weeks. So as a test, this morning at 7:20am I selected CBC just to see what's happening. Apparently some so-called "scientist" in LA was being interviewed about the fires and how it is COMPLETELY caused by climate change and people driving vehicles. No mention of the fires being man-made, winds, precipitation, fuel-load, or anything else that could contribute. As OKkayak said, they only show one side of any story and that side is ALWAYS the left-most possible view from the left-most guests. In California, human mismanagement and green obstinacy are more likely than climate change.

Aside from falling temperatures in California since 2016, we have a report of the highest temperature recorded... although from a specific station built inside a sun-trap.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2020/09/09/record-heat-claims-in-california-last-month-are-fake/

What are the odds that any given 10 minute slot in a two week period I'd dial in and get glaring propaganda? I've changed my mind from a 50% defunding, defund them 75%.

My rating on CBC is <-- (extreme left)-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Canada”