Defund the CBC

Should we stop the taxpayers' bailout of CBC?

Yes, they need to make it on their own
70%
No, I want more coverage of Trudeau's socks
30%

Total votes: 115

ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Defund the CBC

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
featfan
Lord of the Board

Post by featfan »

CBC just lost a defamation case and was ordered to pay $1.7 million.
They lied about a investment broker.
But they do not care, it is only taxpayers money being paid out.
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

featfan wrote: Dec 27th, 2021, 12:54 pm CBC just lost a defamation case and was ordered to pay $1.7 million.
They have Justin Trudeau Syndrome. They don't think about money.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Whatever their filthy hands touch also catches the Niberal pox." - Skunky Girl, 2022
featfan
Lord of the Board

Post by featfan »

And of course millions in lawyer fees and they will appeal and spend more taxpayers dollars.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Dec 27th, 2021, 12:57 pm
featfan wrote: Dec 27th, 2021, 12:54 pm CBC just lost a defamation case and was ordered to pay $1.7 million.
They have Justin Trudeau Syndrome. They don't think about money.
Bingo !!!!!!! :130:
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Just a short time ago I put this comment on CBC.
Stay home. Boycott the Beijing Olympics out of respect for the Two Michaels.

And this comment can now be found......? Deactivated.

Looks like the country Justin admires is calling the shots at the Communist Broadcasting Corporation.
I_am_a_Canadian
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Dec 29th, 2021, 1:54 pm Just a short time ago I put this comment on CBC.
Stay home. Boycott the Beijing Olympics out of respect for the Two Michaels.

And this comment can now be found......? Deactivated.

Looks like the country Justin admires is calling the shots at the Communist Broadcasting Corporation.
Thank goodness for forums like this one, and our hard-working mods who make it great!!
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

The CBC has dropped another 10% in viewership in the last few months. They have lost advertisement revenue and Justine is just a phone call away to offer monetary support in any way he can. CBC is a money pit.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
captkirkcanada
Übergod

Post by captkirkcanada »

WHY I QUIT CBC

https://tarahenley.substack.com/p/speak ... xNqa6_RkQA

To work at the CBC in the current climate is to embrace cognitive dissonance and to abandon journalistic integrity.

It is to sign on, enthusiastically, to a radical political agenda that originated on Ivy League campuses in the United States and spread through American social media platforms that monetize outrage and stoke societal divisions. It is to pretend that the “woke” worldview is near universal — even if it is far from popular with those you know, and speak to, and interview, and read.

To work at the CBC now is to accept the idea that race is the most significant thing about a person, and that some races are more relevant to the public conversation than others. It is, in my newsroom, to fill out racial profile forms for every guest you book; to actively book more people of some races and less of others.

To work at the CBC is to submit to job interviews that are not about qualifications or experience — but instead demand the parroting of orthodoxies, the demonstration of fealty to dogma.

Great article
i like the nite life baby, she says
Hug your neighbour and smile
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Richadio wrote: Dec 29th, 2021, 10:03 pm The CBC has dropped another 10% in viewership in the last few months. They have lost advertisement revenue and Justine is just a phone call away to offer monetary support in any way he can. CBC is a money pit.
sad but true
cbc= paid off govt media
Last edited by the truth on Jan 3rd, 2022, 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:37 am WHY I QUIT CBC

To work at the CBC in the current climate is to embrace cognitive dissonance and to abandon journalistic integrity.

It is to sign on, enthusiastically, to a radical political agenda that originated on Ivy League campuses in the United States and spread through American social media platforms that monetize outrage and stoke societal divisions. It is to pretend that the “woke” worldview is near universal — even if it is far from popular with those you know, and speak to, and interview, and read.

To work at the CBC now is to accept the idea that race is the most significant thing about a person, and that some races are more relevant to the public conversation than others. It is, in my newsroom, to fill out racial profile forms for every guest you book; to actively book more people of some races and less of others.

To work at the CBC is to submit to job interviews that are not about qualifications or experience — but instead demand the parroting of orthodoxies, the demonstration of fealty to dogma.

Great article
It is. Thanks for sharing it.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

rustled wrote: Jan 3rd, 2022, 11:09 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:37 am WHY I QUIT CBC

Great article
It is. Thanks for sharing it.
And its an article that EVERY Canadian taxpayer should read, even those on here that come to the defense of CBC.

The author's first reference to how far CBC has sunk was this, and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry out of frustration.
People want to know why, for example, non-binary Filipinos concerned about a lack of LGBT terms in Tagalog is an editorial priority for the CBC...

This is right down there with seeing the BEING BLACK IN CANADA link on the side panel ever since George Floyd became CBCs hero.
I_am_a_Canadian
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote: Jan 3rd, 2022, 10:52 am
Richadio wrote: Dec 29th, 2021, 10:03 pm The CBC has dropped another 10% in viewership in the last few months. They have lost advertisement revenue and Justine is just a phone call away to offer monetary support in any way he can. CBC is a money pit.
sad but true
cbc= paid off govt media
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jonrox
Guru

Post by Jonrox »

Schitt's Creek is one of the best shows in the history of TV. It would be great to see the CBC come up with another gem like this.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jonrox wrote: Jan 3rd, 2022, 11:42 am Schitt's Creek is one of the best shows in the history of TV. It would be great to see the CBC come up with another gem like this.
Yes, more Schitt's Creek and less communism. Quite the recipe for success!
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.

Return to “Canada”