Everything Canadian Police

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Everything Canadian Police

Post by OKkayak »

techrtr wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 2:09 pm
Think about it - the person they're checking on could be known to possess firearms. They could be sitting in their living room, watching the police approach the house on their monitor, ready to shoot them through closed doors, walls, curtained windows. Hardly sinister - officer survival skill.
Actually, thats a very valid possibility. Never thought of that. Thanks :up:
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

bb49 wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 12:55 pm https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/C ... hewan-RCMP

A sad day for police officers.
Jan 1st 2021 two men struck down and killed a Calgary city police officer, not a single word about that incident from either Trudeau or the PMO... Now this horrible incident, and once again not a single word from Trudeau or the PMO. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel that neither Trudeau or the PMO want to negatively trigger their politically correct, sjw, woke base by shedding a tear or having any sad feelings whatsoever towards dead cops..
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Hurtlander wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 4:56 pm
bb49 wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 12:55 pm https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/C ... hewan-RCMP

A sad day for police officers.
Jan 1st 2021 two men struck down and killed a Calgary city police officer, not a single word about that incident from either Trudeau or the PMO... Now this horrible incident, and once again not a single word from Trudeau or the PMO. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel that neither Trudeau or the PMO want to negatively trigger their politically correct, sjw, woke base by shedding a tear or having any sad feelings whatsoever towards dead cops..
Yup, It does not fit their narrative, I am repulsed by their use of tragedies to further their political ambitions ( if and only if said tragedies fit their needs) They also did not utter a word on Victoria day, but they will appoint a new Governor General to act on the Queen's behalf. We need Gary Larsen back to do dailies on this crew.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

OKkayak wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 3:30 pm
techrtr wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 2:09 pm
Think about it - the person they're checking on could be known to possess firearms. They could be sitting in their living room, watching the police approach the house on their monitor, ready to shoot them through closed doors, walls, curtained windows. Hardly sinister - officer survival skill.
Are we are going to play the "could have, should have" game, the person in the house could have a rocket launcher, should the EPD call in an air strike ?

This wasn't a check at an address to attempt to arrest someone wanted for a violent crime, this was a wellness check, concern for the occupant.

They had no right, in doing a "wellness check" to re-aim the video cameras, and certainly not kick in the door. The City of Edmonton will be buying the resident a new door and frame, courtesy of the EPD's actions.

If the police saw signs of a problem through the window, heard something that caused them to conclude there was a problem then there is a reason it's called exigent circumstances. That apparently wasn't the situation, the police left without gaining access to the home.

If every time the police go to an address to effect a wellness check and nobody answers the door they kick in a door, things are completely out of hand.

The question is... is it reasonable ? In this case no.

Even if there was someone home there is no law that says they must answer the door. Next someone is going to say "yes but it was the police". Hey the police that attended didn't apparently want the occupant to know it was the police, figure that out ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

my5cents wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 5:40 pm

This wasn't a check at an address to attempt to arrest someone wanted for a violent crime, this was a wellness check, concern for the occupant.

If every time the police go to an address to effect a wellness check and nobody answers the door they kick in a door, things are completely out of hand.
Here's a perfect example of police doing a wellness check and what can happen.
https://www.cheknews.ca/vancouver-islan ... ck-672709/
She opened the door and came at the cop with a knife.

On a side note, the media and the natives constantly played up her being native Indian.
They didn't seem to care that the cop could have been seriously injured or even died.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ sad thing to happen, chances are if she had complied with police officer (more then likely the officer asked for her to drop the knife). She would be alive and well today.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

bb49 wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 8:36 pm

On a side note, the media and the natives constantly played up her being native Indian.
They didn't seem to care that the cop could have been seriously injured or even died.
Yes that incident was well known and discussed. Many calls police attend can go sideways, traffic stops, domestic disputes, wellness checks etc.

So are you saying they should kick in every door involved in wellness checks ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly..............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my5cents wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

Yes that incident was well known and discussed. Many calls police attend can go sideways, traffic stops, domestic disputes, wellness checks etc.

are you saying the cop is the bad guy here ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

OKkayak wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 3:30 pm
Are we are going to play the "could have, should have" game, the person in the house could have a rocket launcher, should the EPD call in an air strike ?

They had no right, in doing a "wellness check" to re-aim the video cameras, and certainly not kick in the door. The City of Edmonton will be buying the resident a new door and frame, courtesy of the EPD's actions.

If the police saw signs of a problem through the window, heard something that caused them to conclude there was a problem then there is a reason it's called exigent circumstances. That apparently wasn't the situation, the police left without gaining access to the home.

The question is... is it reasonable ? In this case no.

Even if there was someone home there is no law that says they must answer the door. Next someone is going to say "yes but it was the police". Hey the police that attended didn't apparently want the occupant to know it was the police, figure that out ?
Another armchair expert heard from. Wellness checks can be very dangerous. Have you ever been a cop?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Hurtlander wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 4:56 pm ...Jan 1st 2021 two men struck down and killed a Calgary city police officer, not a single word about that incident from either Trudeau or the PMO.. ...
A statement was issued from the Prime Minister at the time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Fancy wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 9:57 am
Hurtlander wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 4:56 pm ...Jan 1st 2021 two men struck down and killed a Calgary city police officer, not a single word about that incident from either Trudeau or the PMO.. ...
A statement was issued from the Prime Minister at the time.
Can you provide a link ? I’ve yet to see anything in print, nor did I hear Trudeau say anything about the incident during his daily drivel from the front steps of his cottage.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As requested:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's office issued a statement Monday afternoon.

"Canadians across the country were shocked to hear of the tragic death of Sergeant Andrew Harnett of the Calgary Police. The Prime Minister joins Minister Blair, Commissioner Lucki, and all Canadians in sharing his deepest condolences and heartfelt thoughts with his family and friends, along with the entire policing community who has suffered an irreplaceable loss."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.5860890
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 9:49 am
my5cents wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

are you saying the cop is the bad guy here ?
Not at all. Some seem to be indicating that because some wellness checks go sideways, it's OK for the Edmonton police to re-aim video cameras and kick in a residential door on the strength of a request for a wellness check.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

:smt045 indeed

Return to “Canada”