Everything Canadian Police

GenesisGT
Guru

Re: Everything Canadian Police

Post by GenesisGT »

Officer risking life to save a man, stories like this never receive enough attention.

https://www.grc-rcmp.gc.ca/en/news/2021 ... ewan-river
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I've had interactions with Officers of the Law more than I would care to
admit here. For that matter, even to Family and Friends.

My attitude, demeanor, and co-operation 100% of the time determined the outcome.

I tried it the belligerent *bleep* way too, That worked in my favour 0% of the time.

This in no way means one needs to be a pushover, just accept and move forward to
the next step of choices given.

I sure like to know if I, or others need help, they are there, even putting
it all on the line.

Thank You.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
lcpp64
Board Meister

Post by lcpp64 »

Ken7 wrote:
lcpp64 wrote:To Get Respect - Give Respect

This is a two way street.

There are times when citizens are not respectful

There are times when police are not respectful
Totally agree.

There are no Police Officers I know of who do not open the conversation politely / professionally, at times it is necessary to speak with authority. Such as freeze, stop or put your hand in the air.

Most always it is good day, may I see your driver and registration. Is there something I can do for you when in the office or approached on the street.

If the civilian wished to RESPECT the transaction ends without conflict and both parties remain calm and respectful.

WE again forget it is the civilian who elects to change the situation into conflict. Sometimes members can ward this off, other it doesn't matter how professional the officer is or tries to deescalate the situation.

Even if the accused has done wrong, if he complies with the authority, teacher, adult, parent or Law Enforcement there is no conflict.

The old adage you can't fight with yourself.

My grandmother used to say, Sonny treat people how you wish to be treated. This line goes a long way, respect others and the others will respect you.

Words of wisdom, don't be a hole and people won't treat you like one!
You know only good “Members” then. I believe the majority of them are good. They are also held to a much higher standard than the general public & they should be. I could not perform their duties, as I think they are subjected to the worst people of our society & on a good day some of the best. I believe it to be a tough job. I wonder if rookie “Members” understand that going in & society’s expectations of them. If not they soon find out.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lcpp64 wrote:
You know only good “Members” then. I believe the majority of them are good. They are also held to a much higher standard than the general public & they should be. I could not perform their duties, as I think they are subjected to the worst people of our society & on a good day some of the best. I believe it to be a tough job. I wonder if rookie “Members” understand that going in & society’s expectations of them. If not they soon find out.
Society needs to change.

As for your thoughts of "ROOKIES" they go through the same training as civilians. Just some are parented and have learned by age 16 years of age what "no" is. Yes behind that badge they too are humans.

As for Depot or any Police college, you don't think they show video after video of CHOPPED civilian videos that the media portray all COPS as monsters.

Teach your children right and you'll never have a bad conflict with Police or any authority!
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ken7 wrote: Teach your children right and you'll never have a bad conflict with Police or any authority!
Teach your children wrong and they might grow up to become white supremacists with badges and guns, and we think they use their authority to treat citizens equally?
Attachments
circle-game.jpg
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

lcpp64 wrote:You know only good “Members” then. I believe the majority of them are good. They are also held to a much higher standard than the general public & they should be. I could not perform their duties, as I think they are subjected to the worst people of our society & on a good day some of the best. I believe it to be a tough job. I wonder if rookie “Members” understand that going in & society’s expectations of them. If not they soon find out.
I don't know if "good" or "bad" are the best terms. There are, yes, "bad cops", but they are really few and far between. There are people who turn out to be unsuited for police work.

We all have a friend, that is a great person but we couldn't imagine them working at the complaint desk of a department store. Right ? They aren't "bad", they are just unsuited for that job.

When it comes to police work, the stress, the scrutiny, the demands. Seeing so much of the negative. Nobody calls the police because it's Christmas and everyone is having a great time getting together and eating turkey. Nope... the old man is drunk again, he's just thrown the turkey through the front window and is holding a knife to his brother in law's neck.

The shift work, not knowing if you'll get Christmas off. Work all night and court all day, and then be short with a smart mouthed 18 year old driving daddy's new 5.2 ltr Mustang, and "why don't you go catch a crook, I was hardly speeding, you're just picking on my because I'm driving a nice car". Your sergeant calls you in because the kid has launched a complaint that you were short with him and "oh by the way, you're overdue on several diary dates, get them current by tomorrow."

Then on the way home from work a guy goes through a red light and dings up your own personal car and the IIO is investigating you because the guy who hit you didn't have his seatbelt on and went through his own windshield.

For some that just starts to not be fun.
Last edited by my5cents on Jan 17th, 2021, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Teach your children wrong and they might grow up to become white supremacists with badges and guns, and we think they use their authority to treat citizens equally?

No they might end up being in JAIL with the rest of them.

Brass I can't believe you would say something like this. What if WE white people ( as you like to call us ) all felt what is wrong with Indiginous people and painted them all with the same brush?

You have said it in the past, about how people think all Indians are, no good for nothing, .........

Let's put on some adult pants and think about your comments. You are acting like a spoil little....... which I can not say here.

Really, if we look at most of the half videos media present, they portrays Police as just what you are suggesting which is untrue.

Tell me why, in our jails it's mostly Indiginous??? I will help, because they break the law. They then get charged and go to jail

It actually has nothing to do with their color so don't even go there! Put some pants on, grow up.

I'm totally disappointed with you and I'm sure there are others here will say the same.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Free Thought Project Bras, isn't even Canadian, I think you are on the wrong thread.

You should actually slip into the we hate white people thread!
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ken7 wrote: No they might end up being in JAIL with the rest of them.

Brass I can't believe you would say something like this. What if WE white people ( as you like to call us ) all felt what is wrong with Indiginous people and painted them all with the same brush?
I didn't say white people, I said white supremacists. It has been made clear that there's a few members here that do paint us all with the same brush, I have been accused of being on welfare for that face that I am First Nations.
Ken7 wrote:You have said it in the past, about how people think all Indians are, no good for nothing, .........

Let's put on some adult pants and think about your comments. You are acting like a spoil little....... which I can not say here.
Why am I acting spoiled? Because I posted a picture of police flashing the White Power symbol?
Ken7 wrote:Really, if we look at most of the half videos media present, they portrays Police as just what you are suggesting which is untrue.
I don't even have cable in my house, I have access to the internet and it is through the internet that I can find countless cases of police in Canada and the USA committing unlawful offences against innocent citizens.
Ken7 wrote:Tell me why, in our jails it's mostly Indiginous??? I will help, because they break the law. They then get charged and go to jail

It actually has nothing to do with their color so don't even go there! Put some pants on, grow up.

I'm totally disappointed with you and I'm sure there are others here will say the same.
If you pretend there is no difference in treatment between indigenous and non-indigenous people at the hands of police then you are blinding yourself. The RCMP have a 100+ year history that is riddled with the stains of committing unjust offences against indigenous people. It seems like every few weeks we get new body cam footage or jail footage of police brutalizing indigenous people, I hardly ever see that with non-indigenous people.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Point is Brass you one are posting portraying all Police as white supremist. The photo you post isn't even Canadian as I stated. If you have some evidence to prove your allegations that all COPS in Canada are white supremist, please post on!

I can post hundreds of incidents where indiginous people broke the law. It appears today they feel they are above the law and further Prosecutors are falling into their hands. Canadians will not tolerate this for much longer as there is no two tier legal system in the Criminal Code of Canada.

As for those breaking the law from your culture, it does not make all Indiginous a bunch of no good for nothing losers. I personally do not think so. If you'd like to go one on one, you start, post a bad cop and I'll post a Indiginous person who is a unacceptable example of society...let me know when you wish to begin.

I further did not have a color chart when I policed. Believe what you would like, most police officers are prejudiced though you are correct, although not by color they hate criminals. Why because that is our job to protect the majority of society. I'm sure somewhere in life you might have learned that.

In the end as I've stated before as long as Indiginous people hold on as you do for things that the North West mounted Police did there will never be reconciliation, there will never be any positive change. Our Indiginous people have choices, live by the laws of this land or face the consequences.

Government has apologized for things that we, today had jack all to do with. You personally had nothing to do with, nor did I. You personally by your attacks on people are creating more of a divide between those who once felt for the Indiginous people of North America for the past.

You and I can not change history, you and I can only try to change the future.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ken7 wrote:Point is Brass you one are posting portraying all Police as white supremist. The photo you post isn't even Canadian as I stated. If you have some evidence to prove your allegations that all COPS in Canada are white supremist, please post on!
I never said that all cops are white supremacist, I am not sure what you are talking about.
Ken7 wrote:I can post hundreds of incidents where indiginous people broke the law. It appears today they feel they are above the law and further Prosecutors are falling into their hands. Canadians will not tolerate this for much longer as there is no two tier legal system in the Criminal Code of Canada.
It must be very hard on Canadians knowing that indigenous people are incarcerated at the highest per capita rate in the country. First Nations can be patient for 100+ years while Canada tramps on their rights but non-indigenous Canadians can't handle indigenous people being incarcerated, that is what I am reading.
Ken7 wrote:As for those breaking the law from your culture, it does not make all Indiginous a bunch of no good for nothing losers. I personally do not think so. If you'd like to go one on one, you start, post a bad cop and I'll post a Indiginous person who is a unacceptable example of society...let me know when you wish to begin.
I post a cop not upholding their sworn oath of duty and you'll just start bashing Indians, it just sounds like you want another thread to start bashing Indians again.
Ken7 wrote:I further did not have a color chart when I policed. Believe what you would like, most police officers are prejudiced though you are correct, although not by color they hate criminals. Why because that is our job to protect the majority of society. I'm sure somewhere in life you might have learned that.
For a few years there was a recurring pattern of police dropping indigenous people outside of city limits so they would freeze to death in Saskatchewan, nobody was protected by this heinous act committed by RCMP.
Ken7 wrote:In the end as I've stated before as long as Indiginous people hold on as you do for things that the North West mounted Police did there will never be reconciliation, there will never be any positive change. Our Indiginous people have choices, live by the laws of this land or face the consequences.
Indigenous people hold RCMP responsible for the offences RCMP continue to commit to this day. Whether or not I abide by the law doesn't change the truth of systemic racism within RCMP and that there exists abusive police.
Ken7 wrote:Government has apologized for things that we, today had jack all to do with. You personally had nothing to do with, nor did I. You personally by your attacks on people are creating more of a divide between those who once felt for the Indiginous people of North America for the past.
An apology and crocodile tears are worthless, we want real accountability for real offences committed by government agents. RCMP and their legacy of crimes against indigenous people is what divides us, not my reaction to RCMP committing these offences.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Brass Monkey wrote:For a few years there was a recurring pattern of police dropping indigenous people outside of city limits so they would freeze to death in Saskatchewan, nobody was protected by this heinous act committed by RCMP.
And some of those accusations may have been false:
A young man who alleged Winnipeg police officers dumped him at the city's edge and threatened him with a stun gun has been charged with public mischief after his claims were proven to be "totally false," police said Friday.

Winnipeg police Chief Keith McCaskill told reporters that Evan Maud's claims were disproved based on eyewitness accounts, GPS data and video from a transit bus.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... e-1.944025
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I never said that all cops are white supremacist, I am not sure what you are talking about.
Read back on your post, they might grow up to be white supremist. Really, what are you suggesting??
It must be very hard on Canadians knowing that indigenous people are incarcerated at the highest per capita rate in the country. First Nations can be patient for 100+ years while Canada tramps on their rights but non-indigenous Canadians can't handle indigenous people being incarcerated, that is what I am reading.
I'm feel you are attempting to put a real spin on the facts. I'm not sure why Canadians would be troubled by Penitentiaries being over filled. Maybe we should turn the other cheek when a Indiginous persons breaks the law, is that what your people wish? Possibly I am missing something here. There are several well know cases where enforcement failed and did just that. I will add if it was white people they would have been charged and gone likely to jail.

Are we going to digress back to the wild, wild west?

Most all civilized people feel people those who break the law should be held accountable for their actions. Don't you want people to be held accountable, or only Government of Canada. Not Indiginous people or their governments?
I post a cop not upholding their sworn oath of duty and you'll just start bashing Indians, it just sounds like you want another thread to start bashing Indians again.
Where is one of these forms are the "Bashing Indian" threads, I'd like to read them. Indiginous persons like you are societies problem when it comes to reconciliation and moving forward! I'm coming to the conclusions you think we owe you your future, that's where the spoiled image you portray I and others see.
For a few years there was a recurring pattern of police dropping indigenous people outside of city limits so they would freeze to death in Saskatchewan, nobody was protected by this heinous act committed by RCMP.
I'm aware of a number of incidents reported on the conduct of several police which is pathetic. In saying this, what percentage of Saskatoon Police Service took part in that? You would like to suggest it was all member wouldn't you. Your assumption incorrect, I know many of the SPD and some are actually from Indiginous communities in that area. What was the end result, police lost their jobs which I totally agree with.
Indigenous people hold RCMP responsible for the offences RCMP continue to commit to this day. Whether or not I abide by the law doesn't change the truth of systemic racism within RCMP and that there exists abusive police.
Once again you are trying to paint all RCMP or Police with the same brush. What are these crimes you speak of or is it because of Residential schools?? We've gone over that time and time again, search threads.

What if I painted all Indiginous with the same brush??? What If all Canadians painted indiginous with the same brush? Reality, you are so narrow minded you truly believe this and it appears you have be spoiled by who ever raised you to think that way.
An apology and crocodile tears are worthless, we want real accountability for real offences committed by government agents. RCMP and their legacy of crimes against indigenous people is what divides us, not my reaction to RCMP committing these offences.
Just how much money do you and your people want, as it appears a sincere apology by the last four leaders of the country is not good enough. Every time there is a crisis with Indiginous, you and your people have a expectation that the Canadian Government will fix it. When will your own people become independent and be accountable for you very own screw ups? Oh wait, we shouldn't hold Indiginous accountable it appears.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Ken7 wrote: Read back on your post, they might grow up to be white supremist. Really, what are you suggesting??
I suggested that if you raise your child wrong it might grow up to become a white supremacist with a gun and a badge, I imagine the parents of the white supremacist cops in that photo weren’t all about exercising inclusivity and sympathy.
Ken7 wrote: I'm feel you are attempting to put a real spin on the facts. I'm not sure why Canadians would be troubled by Penitentiaries being over filled. Maybe we should turn the other cheek when a Indiginous persons breaks the law, is that what your people wish? Possibly I am missing something here. There are several well know cases where enforcement failed and did just that. I will add if it was white people they would have been charged and gone likely to jail.
I’m not sure why Canadians would be troubled by the high rate of incarceration among First Nations, the only reason I see Canadians dwelling on it is so they can use it as ammo for their prejudices. You said Canadians are getting fed up with First Nations and their incarceration rate, I said imagine what First Nations people feel like.
Ken7 wrote: Most all civilized people feel people those who break the law should be held accountable for their actions. Don't you want people to be held accountable, or only Government of Canada. Not Indiginous people or their governments?
The government of Canada is rarely held accountable if at all for their abuses of the people. Indigenous people and their governments do not have the power to hold themselves accountable, we do not have any band courts, we do not have any special branches of the judicial government. How can we hold our own accountable when we are directly prohibited from doing so?
Ken7 wrote: Where is one of these forms are the "Bashing Indian" threads, I'd like to read them. Indiginous persons like you are societies problem when it comes to reconciliation and moving forward! I'm coming to the conclusions you think we owe you your future, that's where the spoiled image you portray I and others see.
Now you’ve really got to be messing with me, between Colten Boushie and Wet’suwet’en there’s been dozens of thread that have spiraled into a classic Indian hating thread. The problem with reconciliation is that whenever First Nations try to hold the government accountable there’s an army of people who say it’s more important to hold a race of First Nations people accountable for a wrong they cannot name. “You want to hold police accountable for their wrongdoings? Well maybe if you guys were perfect and none of you were criminals we can talk”
Ken7 wrote: I'm aware of a number of incidents reported on the conduct of several police which is pathetic. In saying this, what percentage of Saskatoon Police Service took part in that? You would like to suggest it was all member wouldn't you. Your assumption incorrect, I know many of the SPD and some are actually from Indiginous communities in that area. What was the end result, police lost their jobs which I totally agree with.
I never made any assumption, I simply highlighted the injustices cast against indigenous people by RCMP and you exaggerated it for a reason I do not know.
Ken7 wrote: Once again you are trying to paint all RCMP or Police with the same brush. What are these crimes you speak of or is it because of Residential schools?? We've gone over that time and time again, search threads.
It could be any number of their crimes. Gustaffsen Lake and the RCMP driven propaganda campaign against First Nations, RCMP purposely deleting files relating to the MMIW cases in northern B.C., Starlight Tours, the treatment of unarmed protestors at Wet’suwet’en vs the treatment of violent thugs at Mikmak.
Ken7 wrote: What if I painted all Indiginous with the same brush??? What If all Canadians painted indiginous with the same brush? Reality, you are so narrow minded you truly believe this and it appears you have be spoiled by who ever raised you to think that way.
I am open minded enough that I do believe that systemic racism exists within RCMP, to be narrow minded would believe that because you don’t come from a community that deals with it then it must not exist
Ken7 wrote: Just how much money do you and your people want, as it appears a sincere apology by the last four leaders of the country is not good enough. Every time there is a crisis with Indiginous, you and your people have a expectation that the Canadian Government will fix it. When will your own people become independent and be accountable for you very own screw ups? Oh wait, we shouldn't hold Indiginous accountable it appears.
We don’t want money, we want the government and it’s agents to be held accountable. An apology doesn’t mean anything when the injustices being apologized for are still happening. I want my people to become independent and accountable once again, so that’s why we must abolish the Indian act and give unceded and entitled lands back to the actual owners, that would be a good first step for government accountability.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Brassmonkey.... you constantly attempt to twist the facts.

No sense anyone on this board speaking directly to you t!! Good luck.... :130:

Return to “Canada”