Who's lying about the Tar Sands? Cancer for Natives

Thinktank
Guru

Who's lying about the Tar Sands? Cancer for Natives

Post by Thinktank »

Who's lying? Are we Canadians doing a "genocide" on First Nations people? Or is it only China that knows how to do genocide?

The cancer epidemic faced by First Nations communities in the Alberta Tar Sands region are appalling, but the damage inflicted by tar sands mining on Canada’s original people goes deeper. The same recent study documented “elevated levels of the environmental contaminants arsenic, cadmium, mercury and selenium, as well as PAHs (some carcinogenic) in the foods traditionally harvested by the First Nations in the region.” Translation: the game that Indigenous people rely on in Alberta is ridden with toxins.
"Sometimes it smells like horse *bleep*," Desjarlais told the broadcaster. "Sometimes it smells like burnt plastic."
"I lost one son first with sickness before I lost my husband," Harpe said. The main room of the community center was ringed with black-and-white portraits of band members. "That's me there," she said. Harpe couldn't remember exactly when the photos were taken, but her portrait looked to be about a decade old.

"Beside me there, that lady, she died," she said, pointing to the next photograph. "My cousin Stella, she's gone. She just died in January." She began moving down the line. "Her, my auntie, there in that corner by the flowers, she's gone. He died last year, that gentleman. That guy is still alive. He died, this other one that's next to Johnny." Many of the people didn't appear old, 50 at most. "That couple there, they’re gone. He's still alive. She's still alive. She's gone. She's gone. She's gone. He's gone. She's gone. That lady's gone.” I asked at what age people were being diagnosed with cancer. "People are dying at 35, 40," she said. She shook her head.

https://www.ran.org/the-understory/envi ... n_alberta/
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/ ... -community
Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
Thinktank
Guru

Re: Who's lying about the Tar Sands? Cancer for Natives

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote: Who's lying? Are we Canadians doing a "genocide" on First Nations people? Or is it only China that knows how to do genocide?
Residential Schools
Two primary objectives of the residential school system were to remove and isolate children from the influence of their homes, families, traditions and cultures, and to assimilate them into the dominant culture.
We're worse than China with Uyghurs.

https://indigenousfoundations.arts.ubc. ... ol_system/
Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
cyruslosco66
Banned

Re: Who's lying about the Tar Sands? Cancer for Natives

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Great reporting keep it up :up:
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band

Return to “Canada”