Does Poll Ask If We're Ready For Orwells' 1984?

Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Does Poll Ask If We're Ready For Orwells' 1984?

Post by Jim Dixon »

THIS IS NOT A SURVEY. It is a copy of questions asked in a survey posed to fellow Canadians.

From a panelist on a survey group at Maru Voice, "Canada's leading online market research panel". Panelists are not told who commissioned the survey. I post this for discussion and education only. It is something the State of New York Senate has been also pushing through as well. There was no mention by Maru regarding sharing the questions.

I missed one special capture. The rest below are a transcript of the survey. Sources at bottom of page. I have original screen caps and anyone is free to contact Maru Voice through their web site.

Survey to Canadians began:
NOTE: Questions choices for respondents are in italics:
  1. Do you support or oppose police being authorized to establish vehicular checkpoints to pull over vehicles to question drivers and occupants to enforce compliance with Covid-19 measures?
    Strongly support, Somewhat support, Somewhat oppose, Strongly oppose, Don't know / Unsure
  2. Do you support or oppose police being authorized to establish pedestrian checkpoints to stop and question people outside their homes to enforce compliance with COVID-19 measures?
    Strongly support, Somewhat support, Somewhat oppose, Strongly oppose, Don't know / Unsure
  3. Do you support or oppose police and health officials being authorized to separate family members at their discretion by removing people from homes and housing them somewhere else to reduce or eliminate the risk of COVID-19?
  4. Do you support or oppose the establishment of COVID-19 isolation centers [sic] where people who are found in breach of COVID-019 related emergency measures could be taken to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 for the duration of the pandemic?
  5. Do you support or oppose the government compelling cell phone companies to provide all individual location data on users for the purpose of enforcing compliance with COVID-19 emergency measures?
  6. Do you support or oppose fining or jailing those who spread disinformation about COVID-19? For instance, questioning the existence or seriousness of COVID-19 (i.e.) "It's just the flu").
    Strongly support, Somewhat support, Somewhat oppose, Strongly oppose, Don't know/Unsure
  7. Now that vaccines for COVID-19 have been approved by Health Canada, do you want to receive the vaccine when it is available to you?
    Yes, right away, Maybe, but I would like to wait a while and see how things go first, No, I definitely do not want the vaccine, Don't know/Unsure
  8. Should the vaccine for COVID-19 be mandatory for all people living in Canada?
    Yes, No, Don't know/Unsure
  9. Which level of government do you believe should be responsible for the acquisition of the vaccine(s)?
    Municipal government, Provincial government, Federal government, Don't know/Unsure
  10. Which level of government should be responsible for the distribution of the vaccines(s)?
    Municipal government, Provincial government, Federal government, Don't know/Unsure
  11. There has been a lot of debate about vaccine acquisition and vaccine distribution in the news. Who do you blame the most for the lack of vaccines being available to people?
    The government of Ontario, The government of Canada, Your municipal government, Don't know/Unsure
  12. Thinking of federal politics, which party are you most likely to vote for if a federal election were held tomorrow?
    Liberal Party of Canada, Green Party of Canada, Conservative Party of Canada, Another party, Refused, Undecided
  13. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Jagmeet Singh is doing as leader of the New Democratic Party?
    Strong approve, Somewhat approve, Somewhat disapprove, Strongly disprove, Don't know/Unsure
  14. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Erin O'toole is doing as leader of the Conservative Party?
    Strong approve, Somewhat approve, Somewhat disapprove, Strongly disprove, Don't know/Unsure
~~~ Survey ended at this point ~~~

SOURCES:
Maru Voice: https://www.maruvoice.ca/
Survey number: OTH_623741341_PR
Maru Voice Terms & Conditions: https://www.maruvoice.ca/static/terms
State of New York State Assembly Bill: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/a416
Screen caps: Private Message me.

COMMENTS? (See my addendum for views)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ end ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Does Poll Ask If We're Ready For Orwells' 1984?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Reminds me of 1984 with the "Telescreen" that everyone had in their homes so that Big Brother could watch them. :D
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

ADDENDUM::: Re: Does Poll Ask If We're Ready For Orwells' 19

Post by Jim Dixon »

The poll starts out with some very dramatic questions suggesting we be prepared for a Orwellian 2021 upgraded from 1984.

The Poll then asks questions about political parties, then about two Party leaders.

Having gone all the way through the poll several times, I felt that near the end, I was pretty convinced two party's were being targeted via Dark Pattern style of forcing opinions. That is, get people riled up, put the 2 top opposition leaders in, and people go way with a bad taste in the mouth for both Opposition leaders.

Is this a deception Poll? Make people angry, then give them someone to be angry about. Similar in style to subliminal messaging.

It is interesting that the Poll was posted during high infections, high mortality, failed vaccination delivery, government budget planning, financially stressed businesses and employment and due to the many gag orders and the inability of Canadians to stand up to oppose such heavy-handed laws suggested in the Poll.

You decide if this Poll is supposed to gauge public opinion, or is it using this tumultuous time in our history as a reason to invoke drastic measures, and prelude to set us up for Bigger Brother raising 1984 to 2021. Or, is it simple Party Shaming?

~j~
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Reminds me of 1984 with the "Telescreen" that everyone had in their homes so that Big Brother could watch them. :D
Spying TV's have been improved on by TVs from LG, Samsung, and Vizio spying and reporting on your viewing habits to their manufacturers. Hackers can use the TV's as well.

~j~
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Covid-1984
Keep on Truckin
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Erm...

Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

MCB wrote:Erm...

Is there a point to this link? Can you shorten up 90 minutes into what you're trying to say? Erm doesn't say much except "Erm".
Thanks
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Feb 25th, 2021, 1:39 pm Image

They are not called 'Telescreens' any more, they are called Smart TV. Smart enough they can monitor people's faces during commercials and if we get bored, they provided a different on next time.

Sorry I'm late, but - I blame a glitch in the matrix. I blame everything on that now - can't prove I'm wrong ;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jim Dixon wrote: Jul 2nd, 2021, 11:57 am
They are not called 'Telescreens' any more, they are called Smart TV. Smart enough they can monitor people's faces during commercials and if we get bored, they provided a different on next time.
Yes there are some models that have cameras but they are not the norm.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed

Return to “Canada”