Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
Posts: 3343
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by cyruslosco66 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Dan-in-Ot ... -overspent

wow is this guy for real ? i have a complaint dan , they govt hasnt done enough, the complete opposite of your delusional claims . :smt045
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
jimmy4321
Guru
Posts: 6844
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by jimmy4321 »

He needs far more publicity than he's getting [icon_lol2.gif]
That sure sounds like a winner!!!
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2260
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by mikest2 »

What article did you two read ?
What I see is a simple presentation of the facts, supplied by Statscan
You seem to be calling out Dan Albas for telling the truth.
Silly me, I guess that's what you do in a Trudeau democracy.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
User avatar
cyruslosco66
Banned
Posts: 3343
Joined: Aug 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by cyruslosco66 »

mikest2 wrote:What article did you two read ?
What I see is a simple presentation of the facts, supplied by Statscan
You seem to be calling out Dan Albas for telling the truth.
Silly me, I guess that's what you do in a Trudeau democracy.
yea he is taking stats and twisting to an agenda of the govt somehow made millionaires out of cerb payments. as if . to date the govt hasnt helped enough during the pandemic . their is still lots folks suffering , dying , losing housing etc etc .

to complain about the govt doing its job during a global pandemic that kills is really as tone deaf as a politician can get and i will add in poor taste and a diservice to the families that are enduring the brunt of this in his riding .


shall i go on or do you kinda get the point now ? :135:
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65811
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by The Green Barbarian »

indianlarry66 wrote: yea he is taking stats and twisting to an agenda
No, he's doing the opposite of that, and not twisting to an agenda, which is what gets the evil Liberals all upset.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
bb49
Guru
Posts: 5436
Joined: Jul 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by bb49 »

jimmy4321 wrote:He needs far more publicity than he's getting [icon_lol2.gif]
That sure sounds like a winner!!!
If you don't agree with what this guy says, tell us what it is.
I read it and it pretty well makes sense. Tell us what you specifically disagree with.

On another note, I got a laugh out of this,
The PM has insisted that the federal government “went into debt so Canadians wouldn't have to.”
Someone should tell the PM that government debt is Canadians' debt.
February 14, 2022. The day Democracy died in Canada.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2260
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by mikest2 »

indianlarry66 wrote:
yea he is taking stats and twisting to an agenda of the govt somehow made millionaires out of cerb payments. as if . to date the govt hasnt helped enough during the pandemic . their is still lots folks suffering , dying , losing housing etc etc .

to complain about the govt doing its job during a global pandemic that kills is really as tone deaf as a politician can get and i will add in poor taste and a diservice to the families that are enduring the brunt of this in his riding .


shall i go on or do you kinda get the point now ? :135:

Your point, no I don't, I get Albas' point, and it hits the nail on the head. I read it once again and I did not find the part about CERB millionaires, so I must assume that, like your flop of a leader, you simply made it up.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Sparki55
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4566
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by Sparki55 »

It was a little over one year ago, March 9, 2020, that Canada announced its first documented COVID-19 related death.
Fact, verified:
https://www.google.com/search?q=first+c ... e&ie=UTF-8
Today, there are now more than 22,000 COVID-19 related deaths.
Fact, verified:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/canada/
On March 15, 2020, Canada wide lockdowns began to emerge in various provinces and territories.
One day off, fact, verified:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_ ... _in_Canada
Over the past year, the federal government has introduced, revised, and updated many pandemic related support programs for Canadian families and businesses.
Fact, do I need to verify? lol
Despite this spending, we now know that Canada’s economy shrank 5.4% last year.
Fact, verifired:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/statsc ... -1.5933072
What is interesting about the data from Statistics Canada is, while it stated the obvious: “households did experience notable declines both in wages and salaries”, the data also revealed that “the value of COVID-19 support measures provided by governments more than compensated for those losses.”
fact, verified:
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 1b-eng.htm
The Stats Can data further reported that middle income households “on average, they gained roughly $2,500 more than they lost.”
fact, verified:
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 1b-eng.htm
Further reporting that “young and middle-aged households gained around $3,000 more through COVID-19 support measures than they lost in wages and salaries.”
fact, verified:
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-q ... 1b-eng.htm
As Bloomberg reported on this Statistics Canada data: “Canadians received C$20 in government transfers for every dollar of income lost…”.
fact, verified:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ontraction
Ultimately, the value of the federal government transfers to households increased by $119 billion in 2020, compared to pre-pandemic 2019.
fact... do we need to verify? lol do I really need to finish this?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3950
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by bob vernon »

Dan is just doing what conservatives do. They really can't help it because they are out of touch with the middle and lower income groups. The Cons only hang with the wealthy, in hopes that they'll someday get some crumbs from the table of the ruling class. Of course people like Dan think that the gubment has done too much for Canadians.

It's always been this way for conservatives in times of need. Our parents and grandparents were treated like dogs by the conservatives at the beginning of the Great Depression in the 1930s. Conservative Prime Minister R.B. Bennett basically abandoned Canadians and didn't give anything to them. Dan and O'Foole would like to do the same.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65811
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:Dan is just doing what conservatives do.
Exactly. They represent the values of the majority of Canadians. Go Dan! Keep up the fantastic work in Ottawa, attempting to hold these Liberal criminals accountable and responsible. You rock!
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Sparki55
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4566
Joined: Feb 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by Sparki55 »

bob vernon wrote:Dan is just doing what conservatives do. They really can't help it because they are out of touch with the middle and lower income groups. The Cons only hang with the wealthy, in hopes that they'll someday get some crumbs from the table of the ruling class. Of course people like Dan think that the gubment has done too much for Canadians.

It's always been this way for conservatives in times of need. Our parents and grandparents were treated like dogs by the conservatives at the beginning of the Great Depression in the 1930s. Conservative Prime Minister R.B. Bennett basically abandoned Canadians and didn't give anything to them. Dan and O'Foole would like to do the same.

Thanks for skipping over my factcheck from the government of Canada website, currently under liberal power. Blind hate towards the conservatives is what you have! Dan is just discussing numbers, numbers don't get to be out of touch, they are fact.
User avatar
d0nb
Übergod
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Dan Thinks The Govt Helped Canadians To Much

Post by d0nb »

Helped Canadians to much what? Debt?

Deficit spending is just another form of taxation. Even worse, it’s taxation with interest and because the spending increases the cost of basic necessities, it tends to be disproportionately harmful to the working poor.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”