19%
Sometimes
19%

Total votes: 37

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Majority of Canadians feeling politically homeless

Post by Merry »

rustled wrote:No party should promise they can convince more people to work in daycares, and I continue to question how any elected government would be able to deliver on that promise. No one to date has been able to provide a workable answer.
Part of the reason there is a shortage of such workers is the exact same reason there is a shortage of long term care workers - society doesn’t value such work enough to pay a decent wage for the service.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Merry wrote:
rustled wrote:No party should promise they can convince more people to work in daycares, and I continue to question how any elected government would be able to deliver on that promise. No one to date has been able to provide a workable answer.
Part of the reason there is a shortage of such workers is the exact same reason there is a shortage of long term care workers - society doesn’t value such work enough to pay a decent wage for the service.
I agree that is part of the reason for the shortage of workers.

What solution is available to the government?
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

rustled wrote:No one to date has been able to provide a workable answer.
Not until today.
1. Increase immigration for truck drivers to BC/Canada with wage subsidies going to participating trucking companies.
2. With old, uneducated, rough, politically incorrect rednecks priced out of the industry, EI could offer poor displaced truck drivers a 1 week course in child psychology and a 1 week course in 'sensitivity training' with employment placement at the end of the courses. Presto ....over 100,000 new childcare workers. :200:
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Anyone know what party was in charge when Canadian companies were given the go ahead to allow their customers personal information out to call centers in foreign countries? In other words....outsourcing?
National security threat?....Yup.
Scams...we can't even get a phone call from the CRA or RCMP without first determining if it's legit.
Critical infrastructure- as in telecommunications. I don't care if it's privatized or not, the government has lost positive control over it. Not one party seems to have a plan or even cares to regain control.
Who fumbled the ball originally on this...Cons or Libs or both?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
erinmore3775
Übergod

Post by erinmore3775 »

Oldtrucker, your concern about telemarketers and call centre services is a legitimate one. However, call centre outsourcing has been going on for over 20 years and there is little that we can do about it. Many Canadian companies that have offshore call centres have an international company affiliation. The urge to cut costs overrides their necessity to protect their customers' data. All too often, their security covering that data can be compromised. The CRTC is only interested in regulating Canadian telemarketers and our political parties are not interested in tightening the rules because it would affect them and their ability to raise money. Currently, they are exempt from any regulations. This is clearly a case of "we are not interested in new legislation or regulations because it would affect our base."

Presently there is another example of the political base directly influencing legislation going on in the Senate. There Conservative Party of Canada affiliated Senators are holding up the review of the assisted dying bill. Three Senate party affiliate groups have named their committee representatives but the CPC group refused to name theirs unless that person is made co-chairperson. The CPC Senators have made their opposition against this Bill clear, but instead of agreeing to assist in the critical review process, they have chosen obstruction. Their ideological base does not support the Bill.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/assist ... -1.6003329

It seems that the time of bipartisan political work is over. Our political parties are more interested in appeasing their "radical base" than developing principles and policies that represent the voters in the middle of the political spectrum, the middle class politically homeless. It seems that my future election choices may be better determined by an ouija board than by analysing political platforms.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

erinmore3775 wrote:
It seems that the time of bipartisan political work is over. Our political parties are more interested in appeasing their "radical base" than developing principles and policies that represent the voters in the middle of the political spectrum, the middle class politically homeless. It seems that my future election choices may be better determined by an ouija board than by analysing political platforms.
This is a great point. Political allegiance has devolved into sports fandom, where you root for your team, and boo the other team out of course, regardless of merit, ability or productiveness.

The right side of the spectrum has shifted from "my rights are as important as your rights" to "my rights supersede your rights", where "owning the libs" seems to be a foundational, guiding principle, and anyone left of hard-right is considered evil.

The left side of the spectrum has shifted from attempting to provide equality in opportunity and support for those who need it to a holier-than-thou "punish the successful" mantra, where anyone right of hard-left is considered evil.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

erinmore3775 wrote:However, call centre outsourcing has been going on for over 20 years and there is little that we can do about it.
Oh yes there is something that can be done about it. Not pointing this at you erinmor but I hear "Oh... the world is changing and there's nothing we can do about it" What a bunch of BS.
Elect true leadership....not $opportunists$ like we have seen from the Cons and the Libs. Every major party in this country have melted into blow in the popular wind weaklings and sell outs. Too bad there are nothing but snowflakes to vote for....or vote out.
The Cons are no better than the Libs when it comes to being delicate snowflakes....they better grow a backbone quick and not fold to PC bullbleep because someone like Bernier or Sloan said something that may have offended someone. They are lost.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

So....if we or some of us are politically homeless.....
Who here is interested in having a (no cell phone) sit down to discuss building a new home?
Or are we not pzzd off enough yet?
1 treasurer
1 secretary
1 membership chair
3 vice presidents of the exec.
1 president of the exec.
1 executive director
1 chief agent
1 party lawyer
1 auditor
1 leader
1 deputy leader ( in case the party gets to the point of having a impact and something happens to the leader.)
50 signatures in 5 provinces to register with EC. Better to have triple what is needed- 750 signatures.

From EC....

............"Applying for registration

A political party that wishes to participate in a federal general election or by-election must apply to register with the Chief Electoral Officer. The application for registration must be signed by the party leader and include:

the full name of the political party
either the party's short-form name or the abbreviation of the party's name, if any, which will appear on election documents such as the ballot
the party's logo, if any
the fundamental purpose of the party
the party's policy on the protection of personal information
the name and address of the party's leader, and a copy of the party's resolution to appoint its leader that is certified by the leader and another officer of the party
the address of the party's office where records are kept and to which communications may be addressed
the names and addresses of the party's officers and their signed consent to act (minimum of three officers)
the name and address of the party's auditor and the auditor's signed consent to act as auditor
the name and address of the party's chief agent and his or her signed consent to act as chief agent
the names, addresses and signatures of 250 electors and their declarations in the prescribed form that they are members of the party and support the party's application for registration
the leader's declaration in the prescribed form that having considered all the factors relevant to determining the party's purposes, one of the party's fundamental purposes is to participate in public affairs by endorsing one or more of its members as candidates and supporting their election".......

It's doable if founding members donate as close to the max as possible.
It's sorta doable with 200k/yr
It's barely scrape by at 100k/yr
Looking good at 500k/yr...-paychecks not bouncing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

^^^Or....Skip all the hard work of building a new party and just join these guys....Maverick Party. The name of the party could have been thought out a bit better....maybe...Maybe the party name is perfect.
Why should we stay in this pointless confederation? NOTHING in it for us other than having our country and way of life given away from under our feet.
https://www.maverickparty.ca/
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

The Maverick Party seems to dramatically misunderstand equalization, and uses it as the primary crux of their platform.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Gilchy wrote:The Maverick Party seems to dramatically misunderstand equalization, and uses it as the primary crux of their platform.
They fully understand that there is nothing to gain and everything to lose by western provinces staying the servants of Ont and Que. and staying in Canada.
There is nothing in it for us.Nothing.
And another thing....when has it ever worked out for the west when a french/Que PM is elected?
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Maverick party has a questionable name but don't let that get in the way of you looking at their policies.
I've read them and they are aligned with many conservative voters beliefs in these forums in the way of immigration( Canada won't be used as a doormat), firearms( less regulations with them), economy will be Canada first ( not a left globalist bleepshow or a Cons liberal lite).
Every major party in this country -INCLUDING the CONS have a give Canada away policy. Change a few words and the constitutions and party missions of the LIBS and the CONS are almost the same....
Seriously....give it just a 5 minute read and you will not be disappointed. They WON'T give your country away from out under your feet. It takes ENORMOUS 24/7 energy ,dedication, and conviction to get a new party started...a 5 minute read isn't much to ask.
https://www.maverickparty.ca/policy-platform

By the sounds of it, you will be able to protect yourself, your property, AND actually punish the thief....Imagine that!
Pappywinkle
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Pappywinkle »

Gilchy wrote:The Maverick Party seems to dramatically misunderstand equalization, and uses it as the primary crux of their platform.
It’s mind boggling that there are still people who can’t figure out how equalization actually works. The maverick party just looks like a rebranded wexit clown show.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

^^^ It is rebranded Wexit.
Their plan is better than jt's plan, or anyone else's after reading their parties policies. Policies are not perfect but they do seem to reflect the opinions of a lot of bleeped off western Canadians.
-It's better than Otools Lib-lite plan...
-The NDP's plan is to ride along with the Libs
-Greens...another shade of Libs minus catering to big business.
-The Peoples Party... Leader is a Francophone, which probably wouldn't work out to well -unless you live in Quebec. And, they want(ed) a free trade deal with China....
-Canadian Nationalist Party are probably well on their way to being made illegal- within a year.
-National Citizens Alliance... halfway to Libertarians (?)
-Animal Protection Party.... Okay.

The other long term die hards like the Christian Heritage, Libertarian, Communist Party, Leninist /Marxist Party, Marijuana Party...Plod on guys.... Stay registered.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Biggest reason is the Leadership of ALL Political parties are terrible, in some cases disgraceful.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com

Return to “Canada”