The Conservative climate plan is a sad joke

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Conservative climate plan is a sad joke

Post by rustled »

oldtrucker wrote:This 'plan' is a analog for just how wishy washy blow in the wind lost they are. They will probably not even get to hold a minority gov't again....unless they get a leader that can out charisma JT.
I doubt anyone still finds him charismatic, so there's that.
oldtrucker wrote:They don't have any real plan, but I have no choice to vote for them....ummm....vote out the Libs I mean.I don't want to vote for the Cons...I'd vote for a bucket of rocks if there were a choice between JT and the bucket of rocks. Lack of choice. The bucket of rocks couldn't do anymore damage to Canada. We have left Jagmeet, or off the rails left destroy anglo Canada- giver' away JT.
Merry is right ....we don't vote people in when we have elections here in Canada, we vote people out. Betcha most of you Cons would have Harper back in a heartbeat....
I was a Liberal until Trudeau lite, and I'd have had Harper back in a heartbeat within six months of him having lost the election. That said, it seems to me the objective is to make sure no one likes O'Toole in the same way people behaved in high school. Not meaning your posts, oldtrucker - I'm lookin' at those who are desperate to keep the horrid government we have "no matter what".

The Conservatives need a sensible, solid plan for protecting the environment and improving how we mitigate, reduce and clean up pollution. But it must also be one that adequately pacifies the gullible people who have been pushing us to use rare earth minerals that are mined at great cost to the environment before the technology of EVs is past its experimental stage, the naïve people who assumed ethanol was a great idea, the oblivious people who championed pelleting forests and dumping vast pools of concrete permanently into deserts and forests and farmland to support short-lived windfarms, the foolish people who believe it doesn't matter if solar farms destroy deserts. Those people have the loudest voice and must be pacified, no matter the cost to the environment, no matter the cost to economies, no matter the cost to flora or fauna, no matter the cost to humans.

And the Conservatives know this. They are between the rock of idiocy and the hard reality of a voter pool manipulated by fear mongers into believing in there's an imminent apocalypse that can be controlled if ordinary Canadians throw enough money at it, if we support enough environmental sacrifices in developing countries and our own - if we sacrifice enough.

When I look at the Conservatives' plan, I expect to see our resources going toward sensible improvements - not a ramping up or entrenchment of the idiotic shell games currently in place to placate the manipulated.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

ckil wrote:Climate change is a joke.
I just hope that the climate change deniers in the Conservative party launch an open rebellion against their leader who has it all wrong and install a leader who believes that climate change is a hoax. The party can't have it both ways. C'mon, get that guy O'Toole tossed out.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

bob vernon wrote:
ckil wrote:Climate change is a joke.
I just hope that the climate change deniers in the Conservative party launch an open rebellion against their leader who has it all wrong and install a leader who believes that climate change is a hoax. The party can't have it both ways. C'mon, get that guy O'Toole tossed out.
And that is the primary objective, is it not? Have the Conservatives in disarray so the current government can continue business as usual, shovelling their own muck under the carpet?

Our current government's climate plan isn't working. Time for a change.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by ckil »

bob vernon wrote:
What is the perfect amount of Carbon needed in the atmosphere? Perhaps you can answer that. I doubt it though. That is the one question tree-hugging climatologist cannot answer. Until that is known, it is not a proven science.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:
I just hope that the climate change deniers in the Conservative party .
There aren't any "deniers" in the Conservative party. No one deniers that the climate is always changing.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

oldtrucker wrote: They will probably not even get to hold a minority gov't again....unless they get a leader that can out charisma JT.
Of course the CPC will get a majority again. And JT has "charisma"? Since when? You know this isn't 2015 anymore right?

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote:But his plan is an equivalent, "fairy tale."
No, Erin's plan is a sad acceptance of the fact that too many people have accepted a fairy tale (man-made climate change) as a reality, and therefore demand a "plan" to fight something that doesn't exist. It's a joke. But a political reality of our day and age. One hundred years from now we will be laughed at for our gullibility and stupidity, that so many were duped by something so freaking stupid.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pappywinkle
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Pappywinkle »

The Green Barbarian wrote:It's a joke. But a political reality of our day and age.
I agree that O’Toole’s lame climate plan is a joke, as it is worse than the existing system in every imaginable way.

And yes, CPC incompetence is a political reality of our day and age, as they just make themselves look worse and worse.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote:
Yes, it is as sad acceptance, because, as I must repeat over and over here on this forum: I'm the only one who has the hands-down proof that person-made climate change is a hoax. :swear:
Cool - so then let's kill the carbon tax and move forward together in a bright future. I am all over it.

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Septuagenarian wrote:But his plan is an equivalent, "fairy tale."
No, Erin's plan is a sad acceptance of the fact that too many people have accepted a fairy tale (man-made climate change) as a reality, and therefore demand a "plan" to fight something that doesn't exist. It's a joke. But a political reality of our day and age. One hundred years from now we will be laughed at for our gullibility and stupidity, that so many were duped by something so freaking stupid.
Collectively, we are behaving like folk who thought you could sail off the edge of the world. All politicians have to pander to this nonsense.
-Solzhenitsyn
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
oldtrucker wrote: They will probably not even get to hold a minority gov't again....unless they get a leader that can out charisma JT.
Of course the CPC will get a majority again. And JT has "charisma"? Since when? You know this isn't 2015 anymore right?
He has the idealistic/naive youth ( the ones that can't wait to giver' away) of our country behind him for the most part. He has every new Canadian that has moved here. He has every RE owner as they know he wont let RE fall/fail. He is more appealing to female voters than the other guys. He is good at drama. He is a good orator and deflector in political debates/confrontations.
Probably another majority coming....unless Jagmeet can pull more left votes away from him-splitting the left up a bit. If Jagmeet took a bunch of left votes , it could give the Cons a chance at a minority, but pretty sure the Libs and NDP would jump into bed together to prevent that Cons minority.
Anyway, back to the charisma part....Yup....he still out charismas everyone else....he did in 2015 and he still does.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

At least with Harper he could put a lid on most the wingnuts of the CPC although that last term became a bit of a circus.
As far as the climate plan. i think it's not just useless and controlling, it's regressive.
What's done is done i guess , just praying for an election right now. :up:
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.

Return to “Canada”