Paul Bernardo parole hearing

User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Paul Bernardo parole hearing

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 7:36 am remember this :200: after doing what she did to kids ,the parole board still let her around kids https://www.narcity.com/disgraced-seria ... re-furious
You do realize she was never convicted of sexual assault.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 89016
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Paul Bernardo parole hearing

Post by oneh2obabe »

No, she wasn't charged because she struck a deal with the prosecutors to save her sorry tush. Too bad the video tapes weren't discovered before the court case or else she'd be behind bars for life.
Homolka stated to investigators that Bernardo had abused her and that she had been an unwilling accomplice to the murders. As a result, she struck a deal with prosecutors for a reduced prison sentence of twelve years in exchange for a guilty plea to the charge of manslaughter. Homolka scored 5/40 on the Psychopathy Checklist, in contrast to Bernardo's 35/40. However, videotapes of the crimes surfaced after the plea bargain and demonstrated that Homolka was a more active participant than she had claimed. As a result, the deal that she had struck with prosecutors was dubbed in the Canadian press the "Deal with the Devil". Public outrage about Homolka's plea deal continued until her high-profile release from prison in 2005.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27749
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Paul Bernardo parole hearing

Post by the truth »

oneh2obabe wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 8:46 am No, she wasn't charged because she struck a deal with the prosecutors to save her sorry tush. Too bad the video tapes weren't discovered before the court case or else she'd be behind bars for life.
Homolka stated to investigators that Bernardo had abused her and that she had been an unwilling accomplice to the murders. As a result, she struck a deal with prosecutors for a reduced prison sentence of twelve years in exchange for a guilty plea to the charge of manslaughter. Homolka scored 5/40 on the Psychopathy Checklist, in contrast to Bernardo's 35/40. However, videotapes of the crimes surfaced after the plea bargain and demonstrated that Homolka was a more active participant than she had claimed. As a result, the deal that she had struck with prosecutors was dubbed in the Canadian press the "Deal with the Devil". Public outrage about Homolka's plea deal continued until her high-profile release from prison in 2005.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka

exactly................ read up on the story fancy if you do not remember it, instead of posting for the sake of posting just because its me
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 62903
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Paul Bernardo parole hearing

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 8:56 am
exactly................ read up on the story fancy if you do not remember it, instead of posting for the sake of posting just because its me
Don't be silly - I'm more than familiar with the events and followed the news items for decades. I know people that were very concerned about their own welfare prior to the capture. Your point that the Parole Board would have anything to do with her seeing children makes no sense - there is no law that would support the restrictions. Read up on the law.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3949
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: Paul Bernardo parole hearing

Post by bob vernon »

the truth wrote: Jun 2nd, 2021, 10:11 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 2nd, 2021, 9:50 pm I just hope the lying sack of crap Justin Trudeau doesn't give him $10 million of our money, along with a tear-filled apology.

Justin likes handing our money to murderers, and those acting classes can turn on the alligator tears like a water tap.
i could see jt doing this and people would still vote for him :200:

This couldn't happen because Steve Harper didn't give Bernardo an opportunity to sue like he did for Omar Khadr.

Return to “Canada”