4 muslims dead. 1 injured.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Re: 4 muslims dead. 1 injured.

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Maybe part of the problem is Canadian culture has been completely turned on it's head in the last 30 years or so. The Canada that I grew up in and loved is long gone. It's actually surprising that the people doing things like the London hit and run are young. You would think it would be a baby boomer who knows what Canada used to be like who would be po'ed enough to do something crazy.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

My condolences to the family and community, it bothers me to no end that once again a tragedy is used for political gain.
Even if you hate Spencer Fernando you must read this

There is now a clear reluctance from authorities, politicians, and the media to use the word ‘terrorism’ when a Muslim individual commits a violent act, yet there is a rapid move to use that term when someone else commits a violent act, especially if it’s a person of European descent committing a violent act against a minority group.

https://spencerfernando.com/2021/06/11/ ... -distrust/
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liisgo
Übergod

Post by liisgo »

mikest2 wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 7:01 pm My condolences to the family and community, it bothers me to no end that once again a tragedy is used for political gain.

There is now a clear reluctance from authorities, politicians, and the media to use the word ‘terrorism’ when a Muslim individual commits a violent act, yet there is a rapid move to use that term when someone else commits a violent act, especially if it’s a person of European descent committing a violent act against a minority group.

This should be the most important issue we face today. The clear agenda by political groups and its followers to push this is going to destroy our countries here. Wait, too late, already there.
Its actually very sick of who we have become. The importance of control of people for political and financial reasons succeeds any acknowledgement of our doing today.
This is going to be the unrest of our societies. A hatred we have never witness. A financial ruin for our countries.
When we can not recognize our own wrong, unfair treatments of all people because of the new woke, cancel cultures, victim hood demands and foot stomping's, we are finished.
One would think that smart minds would be realizing how wrong this new agenda is. How damaging it is and how it will essentially ruin our societies safety and equality.
Were done for. cheers.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

liisgo wrote: Jun 12th, 2021, 7:48 am
mikest2 wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 7:01 pm My condolences to the family and community, it bothers me to no end that once again a tragedy is used for political gain.

This should be the most important issue we face today. The clear agenda by political groups and its followers to push this is going to destroy our countries here. Wait, too late, already there.
Its actually very sick of who we have become. The importance of control of people for political and financial reasons succeeds any acknowledgement of our doing today.
This is going to be the unrest of our societies. A hatred we have never witness. A financial ruin for our countries.
When we can not recognize our own wrong, unfair treatments of all people because of the new woke, cancel cultures, victim hood demands and foot stomping's, we are finished.
One would think that smart minds would be realizing how wrong this new agenda is. How damaging it is and how it will essentially ruin our societies safety and equality.
Were done for. cheers.
Wait....hold the press....so if I get this correctly, white people are upset because the actions of a terrorist is being called for what it is?.....and have been used and used still for decades for people of Arab descent on a regular basis. WOW! Hyperbole at its best is the way I see it.
stero

Post by stero »

Define terrorism then.... and which "groups" was he a part of or affiliated with?
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

stero wrote: Jun 12th, 2021, 6:21 pm Define terrorism then.... and which "groups" was he a part of or affiliated with?
Terrorists cannot operate independently ? I thought terrorism is more define by the act itself than any affiliation with groups.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

fluffy wrote: Jun 12th, 2021, 6:53 pm
stero wrote: Jun 12th, 2021, 6:21 pm Define terrorism then.... and which "groups" was he a part of or affiliated with?
Terrorists cannot operate independently ? I thought terrorism is more define by the act itself than any affiliation with groups.
A few years back a couple of individual Islamic persons deliberately ran down and killed pedestrians with cube vans in both Toronto and Edmonton, Trudeau refused to acknowledge those murders as acts of terrorism. In January of this year two young Islamic men deliberately ran down and killed a Calgary police officer, neither Trudeau nor his office staff have even acknowledged this whatsoever..
In today’s woke world, is it only technically “terrorism” if a white person kills a non-white person ?
Keep on Truckin
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Hurtlander wrote: Jun 12th, 2021, 7:15 pmA few years back a couple of individual Islamic persons deliberately ran down and killed pedestrians with cube vans in both Toronto and Edmonton, Trudeau refused to acknowledge those murders as acts of terrorism. In January of this year two young Islamic men deliberately ran down and killed a Calgary police officer, neither Trudeau nor his office staff have even acknowledged this whatsoever..
In today’s woke world, is it only technically “terrorism” if a white person kills a non-white person ?
You'd really have to take a look at the details of each incident to see if it was actually terrorism. Just because the perp had some muslim or islamic history does not instantly make the act one of terrorism. In the London incident it's being said that it was premeditated and that the victims were targeted because of their religion.
Last edited by fluffy on Jun 12th, 2021, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

"Maybe part of the problem is Canadian culture has been completely turned on it's head in the last 30 years or so. The Canada that I grew up in and loved is long gone. It's actually surprising that the people doing things like the London hit and run are young. You would think it would be a baby boomer who knows what Canada used to be like who would be po'ed enough to do something crazy."

What Canada was it? Why would people be po'ed? Why would I think it was a boomer?
Legit Qs
AIADMF
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Some of the comments on both CBC and National Post articles saddening in their hatred or stupidity
AIADMF

Return to “Canada”