Green Party Imploding

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Green Party Imploding

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

The Greens elected a new leader, Annamie Paul, who checked a number of correct boxes, and now she's facing a mutiny.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... arty-brass
Tyrrell says he believes it's time for Paul to step aside after she failed, in his view, to unite disparate party factions and disavow comments from her former spokesman that called out Green MPs for their vocal support of Palestinians.

All because she wanted the Greens to take a moderate approach to the Israeli/Palestinian troubles.
But it seems some, or many, members want to side with Palestine and continue their hatred of Israel.

Welcome to politics Annamie.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Green Party Imploding

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Jun 15th, 2021, 8:06 pm The Greens elected a new leader, Annamie Paul, who checked a number of correct boxes, and now she's facing a mutiny.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... arty-brass
Tyrrell says he believes it's time for Paul to step aside after she failed, in his view, to unite disparate party factions and disavow comments from her former spokesman that called out Green MPs for their vocal support of Palestinians.

All because she wanted the Greens to take a moderate approach to the Israeli/Palestinian troubles.
But it seems some, or many, members want to side with Palestine and continue their hatred of Israel.

Welcome to politics Annamie.
Who knew a disagreement in the Middle East between Jews and Arabs could bring down a political party in Canada. But given what a dumb concept the Green Party is to start with it shouldn't shock anyone that it would take something dumb to bring them down.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I’d never vote Green because I don’t agree with much of their views but, that said, I believe Annamie Paul to be the best Political Party leader Canada currently has.

The woman comes across as someone with integrity, who truly believes in her cause. I always find her to be both honest and factual when responding to questions.

You don’t have to always agree with someone’s views in order to respect them as a person. And I have great respect for Annamie Paul.

If the Green Party dump her, they are fools.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It was always going to be problematic with Elizabeth May hanging around - plus her husband on the board.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote: Jun 16th, 2021, 11:08 am It was always going to be problematic with Elizabeth May hanging around - plus her husband on the board.
Yes, both Jagmeet and Elizabeth May have been scolded in the past by anti-Hate groups for their stupid stances on Israel...

https://www.cjnews.com/news/canada/eliz ... a-comments
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#337159

It looks like Paul has survived the attacks on her by the members of her party. All she has to do is "repudiate" her previous remarks, which I assume means that she will have to withdraw the sane statements that she made about Israel and replace them with remarks to fall in line with the Israeli hatred that the Green Party seems consumed by. Elizabeth May is just such a freaking dense tool.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Merry - I know you respect this person, but I'm having a hard time after reading this article. I thought that she was being driven out due to the fact that she didn't cling to the same hatred of Jews and Israel as her party, but now she is jumping on the "racist and sexist" bandwagon instead. The Green Party is "racist" and "sexist". Who knew? It would be nice to know what they said that was so "racist" and "sexist", but I guess we don't need to know. Of course not.

What a cluster the Green Party is. They are making the NDP look sane.
Defiant Green leader Annamie Paul says attempt to force her out driven by racism, sexism

In a defiant speech this afternoon, Annamie Paul pledged to stay on as leader of Canada's Green Party and claimed attempts to force her out of the top job were being driven by racism and sexism.

Paul survived an emergency leadership meeting on Tuesday evening that could have kick-started the process of removing her from the leadership.

Paul told a news conference in Ottawa today that the push to eject her was led by a "small group" of party brass "who are on their way out."

Paul said the allegations made against her during the Tuesday meeting "were so racist, so sexist, that they were immediately disavowed by both our MPs as offensive and inflammatory."
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/d ... d=msedgntp
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

she can not do the job, her own people want her out, and out comes the racist blm :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

hobbyguy wrote: Jun 16th, 2021, 11:08 am It was always going to be problematic with Elizabeth May hanging around - plus her husband on the board.
I agree. Past Leaders hanging around are never a good idea.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jun 16th, 2021, 2:38 pm Merry - I know you respect this person, but I'm having a hard time after reading this article. I thought that she was being driven out due to the fact that she didn't cling to the same hatred of Jews and Israel as her party, but now she is jumping on the "racist and sexist" bandwagon instead. The Green Party is "racist" and "sexist". Who knew? It would be nice to know what they said that was so "racist" and "sexist", but I guess we don't need to know. Of course not.

What a cluster the Green Party is. They are making the NDP look sane.
Defiant Green leader Annamie Paul says attempt to force her out driven by racism, sexism

In a defiant speech this afternoon, Annamie Paul pledged to stay on as leader of Canada's Green Party and claimed attempts to force her out of the top job were being driven by racism and sexism.

Paul survived an emergency leadership meeting on Tuesday evening that could have kick-started the process of removing her from the leadership.

Paul told a news conference in Ottawa today that the push to eject her was led by a "small group" of party brass "who are on their way out."

Paul said the allegations made against her during the Tuesday meeting "were so racist, so sexist, that they were immediately disavowed by both our MPs as offensive and inflammatory."
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/d ... d=msedgntp
Sadly, I think you’re correct. Playing the racist card was a big mistake IMO.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

This mutiny is all the fault of Annamie Paul herself. She had to open up and say that the position of the Green Party was to support Israel in their conflict with Palestinian Muslims. This was just an example of a leader trying to impose policy on the party. The correct path would have been to say NOTHING on the Israel issue. There is no consequence from a Green position on Israel. And when the party snapped back at her, she tried to play the race victim card and the sexism victim card and those moves are disingenuous to say the least. She's become a disaster of a leader. And she just keeps digging deeper.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bob vernon wrote: Jun 16th, 2021, 8:53 pm This mutiny is all the fault of Annamie Paul herself. She had to open up and say that the position of the Green Party was to support Israel in their conflict with Palestinian Muslims.
She actually didn't say that. She had the audacity to say this, on May 10th:
"The dangerous situation that is unfolding is extremely disturbing," said Green Party Leader Annamie Paul. "Violence and confrontation will not bring resolution, only more suffering. We urge restraint and call on those in positions of authority to do all in their power to prevent further injury or loss of life.”

"The Green Party of Canada is committed to a just and lasting peace in the Middle East. This requires steps to end the violence in favour of engagement in peaceful, inclusive dialogue as the preferred means of resolving the current situation and of achieving sustainable peace.”
https://www.greenparty.ca/en/statement/ ... l-and-gaza

What an evil monster!!

Somehow this was construed, especially by the other two Green Party lunkheads, including the half-wit who just defected to the Liberals, as "support for Israel". Far from it. But because she didn't just go with the flow on the whole insane "Israel is an apartheid state" bibble-babble that the stupid racist Left pushes, then Paul was somehow now going to be forced to go.
This was just an example of a leader trying to impose policy on the party.
For me it looked like an example of a leader trying to make her party appear less crazy than it has in the past, by offering up a position that didn't alienate them from a lot of voters. Paul is Jewish, and she probably felt she had to do something to counteract the rabid anti-semitism of some of the other Green Party idiots she has to deal with on a daily basis.
The correct path would have been to say NOTHING on the Israel issue.
Probably not the correct path, if you have any integrity and feel strongly about an issue, and also are a good leader who worries about optics, dealing with a complete bonehead in Jennifer Atwin, who clearly isn't very bright and is consumed by hatred. Paul did the absolute right thing here by staying true to herself and doing what she felt was right for the Party.
And when the party snapped back at her, she tried to play the race victim card and the sexism victim card and those moves are disingenuous to say the least.
On this we can agree. It was disappointing that she chose that route as her response.
She's become a disaster of a leader. And she just keeps digging deeper.
Now that she's survived things should settle down, though it would be good to see Liz May disappear completely. She can go chain herself to a pipeline somewhere with a bottle of Jack Daniels and just leave the Party alone. It's time for the Greens' position on Israel to evolve from the dark and evil place Liz wants it to be.

Return to “Canada”