Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Re: Anti-Semitism in Canada - More Leftist hate

Post by Brass Monkey »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:32 pm While I'm not prepared to take your description here as accurate, I'd also suggest there's no reason to be intolerant of any group of people because of what their government does or does not do.
The government did not tell him to be a radical Zionist and adopt a vision of East Jerusalem as a purely Jewish one. He manifested that desire himself. He is one of many radical Zionist’s who have been empowered by the Israeli government.
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm Choosing not seeing people as individuals is the basic requirement for prejudice, bigotry and intolerance.
Pretending that radical ethnic nationalists are isolated anomalies and not part of a growing group of radicals is how these groups come to power and start persecuting who they believe to be undesirable.

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm You're here in this thread about anti-Semitism in Canada, presenting arguments and excuses intended to justify the increase in anti-Semitism.
You’ve no idea what my intentions are. It is tragic but to be expected that expats are on that receiving end of the social fallout when their native nations are committing unjust acts against unprotected peoples. It happened to the Germans, then the Japanese, then the Vietnamese, then the Arabs and then the Jews.
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm Your "Israelis get a pass on it" complaint promotes the notion that Israelis are Yonatan Yosef, someone you ask us to hate. I find your statements in this thread rife with intolerance bigotry, stereotyping and prejudice against Israelis. I find little evidence you see them as individuals, and plenty of evidence you see them all as guilty of crimes against Arabs. This is seriously problematic, IMO - a terrible backsliding to embrace and promote the intolerance and bigotry that leads to hatred. Nothing good can come of it.
Yonatan is a racist, far-right nationalist whose vision of a utopia is one where all of Israel is inhabited by Jewish people and only Jewish people. This is a universal stain on humanity and the only reason I’ve come to believe you cannot condemn him is because he is Israeli. I didn’t insinuate all Israelis are like Yonatan, I insinuated men like Yonatan get a pass because he is Israeli and many see the condemnation of radical Jewish supremacy as anti-semitism.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:45 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm You're here in this thread about anti-Semitism in Canada, presenting arguments and excuses intended to justify the increase in anti-Semitism.
You’ve no idea what my intentions are.
Regardless of your intentions, the results here speak for themselves. Using loaded terms, presenting someone vile as representative of a people and inviting people to hate are ugly tactics.
Brass Monkey wrote:
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm Your "Israelis get a pass on it" complaint promotes the notion that Israelis are Yonatan Yosef, someone you ask us to hate. I find your statements in this thread rife with intolerance bigotry, stereotyping and prejudice against Israelis. I find little evidence you see them as individuals, and plenty of evidence you see them all as guilty of crimes against Arabs. This is seriously problematic, IMO - a terrible backsliding to embrace and promote the intolerance and bigotry that leads to hatred. Nothing good can come of it.
Yonatan is a racist, far-right nationalist whose vision of a utopia is one where all of Israel is inhabited by Jewish people and only Jewish people. This is a universal stain on humanity and the only reason I’ve come to believe you cannot condemn him is because he is Israeli.
How quickly you've formed a belief about me.

I haven't condemned him because I have only the words of someone who seems to me to be very ready to condemn groups of people through the use racial stereotypes and bigotry and intolerance - someone who expects me to hate him - on which to base that condemnation. It's interesting to me that you've chosen to criticize me for not condemning him on your word alone. How quickly you've reverted to asking me to join you in hating someone I do not know nor understand.
Brass Monkey wrote:I didn’t insinuate all Israelis are like Yonatan, I insinuated men like Yonatan get a pass because he is Israeli and many see the condemnation of radical Jewish supremacy as anti-semitism.
Perhaps, then, the problem is in your own perspective - the perspective that assumes everyone chooses who to condemn based on stereotypes, prejudices and bigotry. You believe Yonatan belongs in a "group", and once you've established for the rest of us which group he is in, we should be prepared to condemn him, too?

IMO, that is precisely how intolerance and prejudice works to build hate in the world. I want no part of it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Regardless of your intentions, the results here speak for themselves. Using loaded terms, presenting someone vile as representative of a people and inviting people to hate are ugly tactics.
Your refusal to condemn a Jewish supremacist is telling. Maybe anti-semitism grows with peoples attempt at normalizing Jewish supremacy.
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm I haven't condemned him because I have only the words of someone who seems to me to be very ready to condemn groups of people through the use racial stereotypes and bigotry and intolerance - someone who expects me to hate him - on which to base that condemnation. It's interesting to me that you've chosen to criticize me for not condemning him on your word alone. How quickly you've reverted to asking me to join you in hating someone I do not know nor understand.
Not once did I blame Jews. I blamed radical Jewish supremacists who are emboldened by an affiliate government.

If you do not know or understand the phenomenon of Jewish Supremacy then maybe you aren’t up to task to discuss the realities of anti-semitism and how it blends with the Israel-Palestine conflict.

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm Perhaps, then, the problem is in your own perspective - the perspective that assumes everyone chooses who to condemn based on stereotypes, prejudices and bigotry. You believe Yonatan belongs in a "group", and once you've established for the rest of us which group he is in, we should be prepared to condemn him, too?
Yonatan does belong to a group, he is a sitting member of the Jerusalem City Council. Yonatan is one of many who believe that the forcible removable of non-Jews from Israel has been ordained by a divine power.
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm IMO, that is precisely how intolerance and prejudice works to build hate in the world. I want no part of it.
Then you should have no qualms in condemning the supremacist philosophies of men like Yonatan Yosef.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 1:14 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Your refusal to condemn a Jewish supremacist is telling. Maybe anti-semitism grows with peoples attempt at normalizing Jewish supremacy.
I know nothing about him, other than that you've labeled him a Jewish supremacist and told me I should condemn him.

I won't condemn based on the word of anyone, let alone someone I don't trust to be completely truthful. Neither should anyone else, IMO.
Brass Monkey wrote:
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm I haven't condemned him because I have only the words of someone who seems to me to be very ready to condemn groups of people through the use racial stereotypes and bigotry and intolerance - someone who expects me to hate him - on which to base that condemnation. It's interesting to me that you've chosen to criticize me for not condemning him on your word alone. How quickly you've reverted to asking me to join you in hating someone I do not know nor understand.
Not once did I blame Jews. I blamed radical Jewish supremacists who are emboldened by an affiliate government.

If you do not know or understand the phenomenon of Jewish Supremacy then maybe you aren’t up to task to discuss the realities of anti-semitism and how it blends with the Israel-Palestine conflict.
And knowing my ignorance, I choose NOT to follow you blindly into condemnation and hatred. While it does not surprise me that you continue to criticize my choice, I do find it sad.
Brass Monkey wrote:
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm Perhaps, then, the problem is in your own perspective - the perspective that assumes everyone chooses who to condemn based on stereotypes, prejudices and bigotry. You believe Yonatan belongs in a "group", and once you've established for the rest of us which group he is in, we should be prepared to condemn him, too?
Yonatan does belong to a group, he is a sitting member of the Jerusalem City Council. Yonatan is one of many who believe that the forcible removable of non-Jews from Israel has been ordained by a divine power.
rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm IMO, that is precisely how intolerance and prejudice works to build hate in the world. I want no part of it.
Then you should have no qualms in condemning the supremacist philosophies of men like Yonatan Yosef.
Any rational person should have qualms condemning anything or anyone of which they are admittedly ignorant. Particularly when they are being urged to do so through anonymous postings on an internet forum by someone with a history of being quick to judge people they don't know, and to share half-truths in the defence of their own intolerances and bigotries.

It seems likely to me this is where much of the anti-Semitism in Canada is coming from - those urging the ignorant not to understand, but to condemn.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote: Sep 10th, 2021, 1:23 pm Particularly when they are being urged to do so through anonymous postings on an internet forum by someone with a history of being quick to judge people they don't know, and to share half-truths in the defence of their own intolerances and bigotries.
Yes, there certainly seems to be a bago bigotries at play here from those on the Left and a lot of intolerance when it comes to Jewish people. It's like these people are just seething with pure evil. It's not hard to see, when you look at the hate being expressed here by far Left anti-semites, how things like the Holocaust happen and how they are justified. It's just so gross.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 11th, 2021, 5:53 am Yes, there certainly seems to be a bago bigotries at play here from those on the Left and a lot of intolerance when it comes to Jewish people. It's like these people are just seething with pure evil. It's not hard to see, when you look at the hate being expressed here by far Left anti-semites, how things like the Holocaust happen and how they are justified. It's just so gross.
Can you pick out any anti-Semitic comments in this thread?

The Holocaust was perpetrated by right-wing fascists who convinced a particular group of people that they were the supreme people and they are the rightful holders of the land. Sort of like radical Zionist’s and their belief that they are God’s “chosen people”.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Brass Monkey wrote: Sep 11th, 2021, 9:40 am

Can you pick out any anti-Semitic comments in this thread?

All of your anti-Israel garbage and lies are anti-Semitic and just seething with true evil. The Holocaust couldn't have happened without there being a lot of people on the Left who stood by and did nothing, thanks to their rabid hatred of Jews. A rabid hatred from the Left that still lives on today, as we see with the Green Party in Canada. Just so gross.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 12th, 2021, 5:33 am All of your anti-Israel garbage and lies are anti-Semitic and just seething with true evil. The Holocaust couldn't have happened without there being a lot of people on the Left who stood by and did nothing, thanks to their rabid hatred of Jews. A rabid hatred from the Left that still lives on today, as we see with the Green Party in Canada. Just so gross.
Condemning Israel’s violations of human rights isn't anti-semitism

It was soldiers of the left-wing USSR that stormed Berlin in 1945 and dealt the killing blow to the right-wing fascist empire that was persecuting Jews.

You neither know history or what anti-semitism is, Jews do not appreciate your faux social justice.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/34 ... e-backlash

Really belongs in both this topic AND the Election topic.

Shows the antisemitism is strong in the left. The Greens try to take out their leader, Jewish, and an NDP candidate asks if "Auschwitz was a real place".
At least Jagmeet did the right thing. However, vetting should be upgraded in his new world order party. :smt045
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

JagXKR wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:20 am Shows the antisemitism is strong in the left. The Greens try to take out their leader, Jewish, and an NDP candidate asks if "Auschwitz was a real place".
At least Jagmeet did the right thing. However, vetting should be upgraded in his new world order party. :smt045
The kid was 16 when he tweeted it. Did you never do anything stupid as a teenager? I did and so did many people I know. Called growing up.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:27 am
The kid was 16 when he tweeted it. Did you never do anything stupid as a teenager? I did and so did many people I know. Called growing up.
So this person started at the bottom and went down in life. Yikes.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 11:37 am
Sparki55 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:27 am
So this person started at the bottom and went down in life. Yikes.
I think that's a little unfair to him.

To me, if we have 16-year-olds in school in Canada asking that question - particularly a 16-year-old who's politically engaged enough to run for office two years later - this shows us our public education system is a complete and total failure.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 12:07 pm

I think that's a little unfair to him.

To me, if we have 16-year-olds in school in Canada asking that question - particularly a 16-year-old who's politically engaged enough to run for office two years later - this shows us our public education system is a complete and total failure.
Great point Rustled. When you have someone this young being some corrupted by hate, it's not just all on him. Many horrible people had to also play a part in this tragedy.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Ha! If the guy cant spin his way out of that he shouldnt be in politics anyway. Amateur, should have taken a page out of the PMs playbook
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 15th, 2021, 7:27 am The kid was 16 when he tweeted it. Did you never do anything stupid as a teenager? I did and so did many people I know. Called growing up.
But Jagmeet wants those same 16 year olds to be able to vote so your assertion and deflection is at odds with the "vision" of the NDP.
https://www.insauga.com/ndp-pledges-to- ... age-to-16/
Singh suggested reducing the voting age to 16 would help foster a culture of voting among young Canadians that would help increase voter turnout among the demographic.
So is it that 16 year olds are too stupid to know better or that they know better and should be able to vote? Either way the antisemitic candidate resigned and Jameet approved it.
Regardless of the age since Jagmeet believes 16 year olds can make proper decisions. :200: :135:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “Canada”