Breaking: JWR not running again

User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32597
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by GordonH »

^^^ jt altering the law to benefit his buddy’s at SNC-Lavalin of criminal charges, this jack :cuss: is still our PM.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by Gone_Fishin »

GordonH wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 9:11 pm ^^^ jt altering the law to benefit his buddy’s at SNC-Lavalin of criminal charges, this jack :cuss: is still our PM.
He's busy altering all kinds of laws to favour Liberal funders. It's corruption we would shake our heads at in a third world banana republic - we should be sending Trudeau to the gallows for what he's doing here.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 6925
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by foenix »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 9:19 pm
GordonH wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 9:11 pm ^^^ jt altering the law to benefit his buddy’s at SNC-Lavalin of criminal charges, this jack :cuss: is still our PM.
He's busy altering all kinds of laws to favour Liberal funders. It's corruption we would shake our heads at in a third world banana republic - we should be sending Trudeau to the gallows for what he's doing here.
Naw he's just trying to our catch us up to the rest of the world and trying to be more competitive. I thought that was what you guys wanted......more jobs and opportunities.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14577
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by Alien Head Dude »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 6:23 pm
Ka-El wrote:
It's really a shame she is not running again. We need more politicians like her.
As long as you keep supporting corrupt Liberals on these forums, ...
:135: huh?
The hard-right Cons on this board don't like anyone referencing the findings from the research
into conservative "thinking", but they sure do enjoy providing us with plenty of evidence for it.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13529
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by hobbyguy »

GordonH wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 9:11 pm ^^^ jt altering the law to benefit his buddy’s at SNC-Lavalin of criminal charges, this jack :cuss: is still our PM.
It is interesting that many fail to remember that the leaders of both the NDP and the CPC took lobbying meetings from SNC before they passed the legislation that introduced deferred prosecution agreements in Canada. What little opposition to the legislation was whipped away by those leaders. (Dan Albas, to his credit, voiced opposition but was quickly whipped into line.) When the legislation was passed out of committee, ALL of the multi-party MPs were happy with it and were said to have "cheered" at its passage.

The "firestorm" of indignation about the legislation, its application and the hypocrisy that followed was indeed full of what JWR decries as parties focused more on political points and partisan jockeying than on actually getting things done. Charlie Angus of the NDP being a good example, having attacked JWR in December for lack of integrity, being the worst justice minister ever, and calling for her resignation - all of a sudden switched to a 100% JWR supporter and every word JWR said was gospel.

I think what JWR is referring to in her decrying the partisan jockeying that has become the dominant reality is the "soccer hooliganism" of partisan "true blue" etc. that has degenerated into obstructionism and trap questioning where things like national security and citizen privacy would have to be compromised in order to answer them, and just plain gaslighting in question period. None of that obstructionism and general partisan toxicity advances the interests of Canadians writ large.

It is also interesting that many who jumped into the chicken pecking mob after blood during the SNC are also attackers of the mainstream media, yet it was the mainstream media that exposed the shenanigans surrounding the SNC situation. That's just more the partisan hypocrisy and nonsense that JWR decries.

In essence what JWR seems to be saying is that parliament writ large, instead of doing the people's business, has become a partisan game stage and little more. That should concern us all, and we should hold all politicians to a higher standard.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65957
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:51 am

The "firestorm" of indignation about the legislation, its application and the hypocrisy that followed was indeed full of what JWR decries as parties focused more on political points and partisan jockeying than on actually getting things done.
I do like how Liberal apologists are now trying to make the JWR stuff about "all parties". No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the brain-dead idiots running the Liberal party, and the ultimate brain-dead leader JT. There is no one else to blame here, despite the wasted efforts. For shame JT, for shame you corrupt bunch of loser Liberals. Thank you JWR for standing up to such stupidity and evil in the Liberal party, the entire country owes you a debt of gratitude.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
foenix
Guru
Posts: 6925
Joined: Mar 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by foenix »

hobbyguy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:51 am
It is also interesting that many who jumped into the chicken pecking mob after blood during the SNC are also attackers of the mainstream media, yet it was the mainstream media that exposed the shenanigans surrounding the SNC situation. That's just more the partisan hypocrisy and nonsense that JWR decries.
You mean it was JWR or her staff that "leaked" the story to the Globe for her own political gain.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:56 am
hobbyguy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:51 am

The "firestorm" of indignation about the legislation, its application and the hypocrisy that followed was indeed full of what JWR decries as parties focused more on political points and partisan jockeying than on actually getting things done.
I do like how Liberal apologists are now trying to make the JWR stuff about "all parties". No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the brain-dead idiots running the Liberal party, and the ultimate brain-dead leader JT. There is no one else to blame here, despite the wasted efforts. For shame JT, for shame you corrupt bunch of loser Liberals. Thank you JWR for standing up to such stupidity and evil in the Liberal party, the entire country owes you a debt of gratitude.
Liberals using the Trudeau method here.

"A learning moment for all Canadians when I grabbed that reporter by the :cuss: . Everyone is responsible for my actions."

Erin O'Toole, Jagmeet Singh, Andrew Scheer, Y-F Blanchette, and Elizabeth May did NOT fire JWR for her failure to illegally interfere in a criminal prosecution. That was Trudeau, and Trudeau alone who did that.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15894
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 10:43 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:56 am

I do like how Liberal apologists are now trying to make the JWR stuff about "all parties". No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the brain-dead idiots running the Liberal party, and the ultimate brain-dead leader JT. There is no one else to blame here, despite the wasted efforts. For shame JT, for shame you corrupt bunch of loser Liberals. Thank you JWR for standing up to such stupidity and evil in the Liberal party, the entire country owes you a debt of gratitude.
Liberals using the Trudeau method here.

"A learning moment for all Canadians when I grabbed that reporter by the :cuss: . Everyone is responsible for my actions."

Erin O'Toole, Jagmeet Singh, Andrew Scheer, Y-F Blanchette, and Elizabeth May did NOT fire JWR for her failure to illegally interfere in a criminal prosecution. That was Trudeau, and Trudeau alone who did that.
Yup.

Trudeau Liberals are so intent on keeping our government mired in the muck at the bottom of the barrel, they're willing to throw every vestige of their personal integrity under the bus.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15894
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 9th, 2021, 7:30 pm MRG weighs in, emotionally, on the departure of JWR.


https://www.facebook.com/michellerempel ... 5511932467
Very powerful. In the end, it will be strong, powerful and intelligent women, of all ethnicities, who take down this disgusting and racist Liberal government. Stand strong all women who have been wronged and feel they have been screwed over by our current white male-dominated government. You all have a future, once the Liberals are vanquished.
I agree - very powerful. And she's right: This SHOULD matter to all of us.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13529
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:56 am
hobbyguy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:51 am

The "firestorm" of indignation about the legislation, its application and the hypocrisy that followed was indeed full of what JWR decries as parties focused more on political points and partisan jockeying than on actually getting things done.
I do like how Liberal apologists are now trying to make the JWR stuff about "all parties". No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the brain-dead idiots running the Liberal party, and the ultimate brain-dead leader JT. There is no one else to blame here, despite the wasted efforts. For shame JT, for shame you corrupt bunch of loser Liberals. Thank you JWR for standing up to such stupidity and evil in the Liberal party, the entire country owes you a debt of gratitude.
Actually, you focus on the symptom, not the disease. I suggest you read what JWR said, and consider the reality that it takes two to tango. In the political Ottawa scene, it is more like a round dance.

What JWR is decrying is the focus on the dance of partisanship that overshadows and defeats the work to be done for the people of Canada.

Think about it. IF a federal party is mumbling along, there is almost never a leadership review. The only time you see leadership reviews etc. is when a party loses (or is lost, as with the current Greens). Then "what if" about the 2015 election. Perhaps in 2014 Rona Ambrose might have run for CPC leader... and what would 2015 have looked like then?

Adding to that is the cynical "6 year" thing, where MPs don't want to rock the boat until they get their 6 years in and get their gold plated pensions.

So structurally, the parties are set up for the partisan nonsense to accentuate, and if the individuals bring that to parliament, the people's work grinds to halt. It almost to the point where parliament has abrogated its responsibility to Canadians writ large. Most of us just want Ottawa to work, and to get things done, not waste endless time and effort pointing fingers and playing silly games.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15894
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 11:58 am
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 9:56 am

I do like how Liberal apologists are now trying to make the JWR stuff about "all parties". No, this falls squarely on the shoulders of the brain-dead idiots running the Liberal party, and the ultimate brain-dead leader JT. There is no one else to blame here, despite the wasted efforts. For shame JT, for shame you corrupt bunch of loser Liberals. Thank you JWR for standing up to such stupidity and evil in the Liberal party, the entire country owes you a debt of gratitude.
Actually, you focus on the symptom, not the disease.
Actually, you're attempting to focus on the infrastructure (the engineer, the paving company, the automobile, the manufacturer, the guy at the tire shop, the ...) - anything and anyone but the driver.

It's like you genuinely believe JT was just a helpless victim of circumstances beyond his control (poor lad):
hobbyguy wrote:So structurally, the parties are set up for the partisan nonsense to accentuate, and if the individuals bring that to parliament, the people's work grinds to halt. It almost to the point where parliament has abrogated its responsibility to Canadians writ large. Most of us just want Ottawa to work, and to get things done, not waste endless time and effort pointing fingers and playing silly games.
Refusing to acknowledge JT's responsibility by offloading it entirely to "the structure" is ridiculous, and you are NOT doing the Liberal party any favours with this nonsense.

If you want us to believe you're not just pretending to want change, start where it matters - HOLD HIM TO ACCOUNT. Stop making excuses for his part in getting rid of JWR.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
Posts: 8245
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by Gone_Fishin »

"Don't blame Justin, blame the system!"

Now I've heard everything. Are the Liberal DIs that desperate already?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7686
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by Urban Cowboy »

As far as JWR goes, kid yourself not, that woman has had her own agenda for quite some time, and is hardly the innocent victim she's been portraying for a couple of years now.
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 15894
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Breaking: JWR not running again

Post by rustled »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jul 10th, 2021, 2:32 pm As far as JWR goes, kid yourself not, that woman has had her own agenda for quite some time, and is hardly the innocent victim she's been portraying for a couple of years now.
This is the sort of excuse-making the Trudeau Liberals are counting on. No sensible person excuses any PM's wrongdoing or their involvement in covering up wrongdoing by pointing to someone else's actions or motivations.

Yet we see it time and again with Trudeau - look, over there.

This is also the ugly preference for "partisanship over progress, co-opting over co-operation, recriminations over results" mindset that JWR mentioned in her letter. We get the government we deserve.

When we collectively decide we're ok with whatever Trudeau does, regardless of how wrong it is, "because someone else", we get more of same.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Canada”