CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

User avatar
Pappywinkle
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12449
Joined: Nov 7th, 2019, 10:52 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by Pappywinkle »

Fancy wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 9:58 pm Certainly very happy those that got covid weren't sent to isolated hospitals - how archaic.
Gotta hope some nurses and doctors get covid so there’d be someone to staff the hospitals…
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66004
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 12:04 am Im surprised they let Remple out from under her rock.
Why is the misogyny from the Liberals just so rampant. "Out from under her rock"? Just disgusting. For shame! Michelle Rempel is an amazing MP, definitely when compared to the no talent bozos currently in our government. Keep up the great work Michelle!!
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66004
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 8:53 am It looks like 2030 came early for the MP from Oklahoma.
Great! It's about time the Liberals did something instead of sitting on their fat butts. Thank you Michelle, and thank you Pierre, for holding this disgusting and lazy Liberal government to account! You guys are awesome!
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 9:34 am
ckil wrote: Jul 15th, 2021, 1:45 pm CERB would not have been necessary if we sent those who got or were susceptible to Covid out to isolated hospitals far away from major populations. Instead, we closed the economy down for the .006% of the population who were on their death bed already. The shutdown will cause us pain for decades to come.
Where are those isolated hospitals in B.C.?
How far away do they need to be from major populations?
How much staff do you need?
How do you transport the patients?
If they are only susceptible to the virus which includes anyone over the age of 65, cancer patients (all ages), anyone with underlying conditions (all ages) why do they need to be in isolated hospitals?
Build some camps nearby, maybe.
It would have cost far less than $50b (compared to $500b of free handouts) to build 100 temporary hospitals/camps in a small community within 100km from any major center in Canada. Military's across the world do it on a daily basis. It is clear which people over the age of 65 who are susceptible to Covid and these are the people who should have been removed to camps so the 98% of people who did not and who never will get Covid to carry on with their lives.

Logistics are pretty straight forward and do not need to be explained

Given these measures were not taken adds even more evidence that Covid was not as severe and mismanaged on a global scale. Now, pensions and savers across the globe will be stuck footing the bill for something unnecessary for at least a generation.

Covid exposed how lazy Canadians are and how we prefer welfare than to work. Those on CERB should be given 4 weeks notice and be cut off. There are more than enough jobs available for these lazy citizens. But Canadians are lazy.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66004
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by The Green Barbarian »

ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am
Covid exposed how lazy Canadians are and how we prefer welfare than to work. Those on CERB should be given 4 weeks notice and be cut off. There are more than enough jobs available for these lazy citizens. But Canadians are lazy.
I wouldn't put it all on just being Canadian. Everywhere in the world where huge welfare is being offered they are having the same issues, people are just staying home and diddling around rather than working. The US is having the same issues, and I would bet Australia and Europe are not far behind either. It's a short-sighted and myopic view by the CERB suckers - why wouldn't you go out and get a job NOW, rather than waiting for the dole to be cut off and then having to go out and compete with millions of other loser schlubs sitting at home that will also be forced to find work? Get off your duffs all of Western Society, and get back to work!

And of course, when Joe Schmoe does try to find work, and can't find any, it won't be his fault of course, it will be "the result of a capitalist economy". Anyway, what I am curious to see is what is going to happen in 2022 when these schlubs have to pay taxes on all of that CERB sucking. Will this be an election promise by those on the Left - "vote for me and no CERB tax for thee". I can definitely see it coming.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2351
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by PoplarSoul »

ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am It is clear which people over the age of 65 who are susceptible to Covid and these are the people who should have been removed to camps so the 98% of people who did not and who never will get Covid to carry on with their lives.
How is it clear?
I remember one the first death from the virus in Kelowna (Castanet obituaries).
A man caught the virus while returning from vacation in Turkey.
How would you know?
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2351
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by PoplarSoul »

ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am Logistics are pretty straight forward and do not need to be explained
Please elaborate.
How do you relocate patients and staff from B.C. Children Hospital to a remote location?
Are parents allowed to go with their children?
House them in camps nearby?
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:31 am
ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am It is clear which people over the age of 65 who are susceptible to Covid and these are the people who should have been removed to camps so the 98% of people who did not and who never will get Covid to carry on with their lives.
How is it clear?
I remember one the first death from the virus in Kelowna (Castanet obituaries).
A man caught the virus while returning from vacation in Turkey.
How would you know?
He would have been tested and moved to a camp.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:13 am
ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am
Covid exposed how lazy Canadians are and how we prefer welfare than to work. Those on CERB should be given 4 weeks notice and be cut off. There are more than enough jobs available for these lazy citizens. But Canadians are lazy.
I wouldn't put it all on just being Canadian. Everywhere in the world where huge welfare is being offered they are having the same issues, people are just staying home and diddling around rather than working. The US is having the same issues, and I would bet Australia and Europe are not far behind either. It's a short-sighted and myopic view by the CERB suckers - why wouldn't you go out and get a job NOW, rather than waiting for the dole to be cut off and then having to go out and compete with millions of other loser schlubs sitting at home that will also be forced to find work? Get off your duffs all of Western Society, and get back to work!

And of course, when Joe Schmoe does try to find work, and can't find any, it won't be his fault of course, it will be "the result of a capitalist economy". Anyway, what I am curious to see is what is going to happen in 2022 when these schlubs have to pay taxes on all of that CERB sucking. Will this be an election promise by those on the Left - "vote for me and no CERB tax for thee". I can definitely see it coming.
I agree. It will be hard for those who stayed on CERB. We are throwing out resumes of all those with a decent work history but who have not worked since last summer.
User avatar
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2351
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by PoplarSoul »

ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am build 100 temporary hospitals/camps in a small community within 100km from any major center in Canada.
148,000 Covid cases in B.C.
1761 deaths.
You need a bigger place.
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:32 am
ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am Logistics are pretty straight forward and do not need to be explained
Please elaborate.
How do you relocate patients and staff from B.C. Children Hospital to a remote location?
Are parents allowed to go with their children?
House them in camps nearby?
Have you heard of busses, trains, helicopters and planes?

Whatever strain Covid caused on the medical system would have occurred under isolation camps or not. Treat the Frontliners like oil companies treat isolated camps - live-out allowances and higher wages.

Of course parents can go with young children, but will be not allowed to return until a they are vaccinated or tested multiple times. These people would have to be tested numerous times per week. Anyone over the age of 18 would be alone.

A camp would be a part of the isolated hospitals like they do in military camps/hospitals.

This would never occur though because the 2% do not want to be inconvenienced (very selfish) and the Liberals would not be able to buy votes.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

PoplarSoul wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:40 am
ckil wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 10:07 am build 100 temporary hospitals/camps in a small community within 100km from any major center in Canada.
148,000 Covid cases in B.C.
1761 deaths.
You need a bigger place.
99% of Covid cases were sniffles and they would be quarantined at local camps or hotels indefinitely until vaccines. People would not be allowed to visit. 148,000 people could very easily handled over 12 months. There are military camps around the world with 9-10,000 personal.
User avatar
crookedmember
Banned
Posts: 2872
Joined: Jan 8th, 2011, 9:43 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by crookedmember »

I guess it's fitting that the right wing plan to deal with a world-wide pandemic that we knew little about, including how it migrates and how it was contracted . . .

. . . is to build internment camps.

In a free society.

With a charter of rights.

And a Supreme Court that takes rights seriously.

Hundreds of thousands of Canadians could have sued the federal government and won. Just like Khadr did when his rights were violated.

Leave it to the folks who decided to combat climate change by rewarding people with petro points for burning more gas . . . to come up with something so ridiculous and unworkable.

Do they seriously wonder why they're at 25% in the polls?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2650
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by ckil »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 11:55 am I guess it's fitting that the right wing plan to deal with a world-wide pandemic that we knew little about, including how it migrates and how it was contracted . . .

. . . is to build internment camps.

In a free society.

With a charter of rights.

And a Supreme Court that takes rights seriously.

Hundreds of thousands of Canadians could have sued the federal government and won. Just like Khadr did when his rights were violated.

Leave it to the folks who decided to combat climate change by rewarding people with petro points for burning more gas . . . to come up with something so ridiculous and unworkable.

Do they seriously wonder why they're at 25% in the polls?
You make no sense. Please expand on all.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66004
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: CONs didn't want CERB, said Canadians wouldn't be vaxed 'til 2030

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 20th, 2021, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.

Return to “Canada”