How wildfires destroy our health, and what we should do?

Thinktank
Guru

How wildfires destroy our health, and what we should do?

Post by Thinktank »

Almost every year now, our health is being affected and damaged by smoke.
EVery fire we put out quickly will save lives. But we don't have the money to put out fires, our government tells us.
"breathing in wildfire smoke is dangerous with particles burrowing deep into your lungs."
^ that's what the experts are saying. Right now, Edmonton people are really getting their lungs damaged by smoke.
Two or three years ago, the Okanagan got our health damaged badly by smoke.

Do you think Bonnie, or Adrian or Theresa or Deena give a **** about anyone's health?

Of course not.

So what should we do? It's very simple. We're paying $billions for our military to be stationed around the world doing
nothing of value except when USA decides to slaughter a million people or drop bombs on Africa's highest standard of living country, - then our guys help.

So we should take 3/4 of our military spending, and put them to work fighting wildfires so all of us can have better health.

But do you think any fool in government really cares about our health?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fau3FkrHkMo

Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: How wildfires destroy our health, and what we should do?

Post by TylerM4 »

Weren't you recently posting saying that we need to let nature take it's course and decades of mismanagement have resulted in huge fuel loads making it impossible to fight fires when they do start?

Not spending money on military is great and all, until someone takes advantage of that fact. Just ask the folks in Crimea how quickly the world steps in to prevent just such a scenario.
Last edited by TylerM4 on Jul 20th, 2021, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 11:05 am ...
So we should take 3/4 of our military spending, and put them to work fighting wildfires so all of us can have better health.

The military does help with firefighting.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 2:38 pm Plenty of COVID N95 masks around, and I hear they may be adequate for filtering smoke. But then they have been politicized by 'freedom of choice.' So maybe the military since it seems most them will take a few orders.

You can't make me wear a mask! That smoke is all fake and a conspiracy of the Gummerment to control the population!

Don't believe anything they say, it's all a conspiracy!

:biggrin:
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

Fancy wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 3:34 pm The military does help with firefighting.
So you agree, if the government really cared about the health of Canadians since
"breathing in wildfire smoke is dangerous with particles burrowing deep into your lungs."
they would take $billions away from spending on military, which is a useless waste of money unless you enjoy
slaughtering people, and spend it on fighting fires.

I wonder if smoke in people's lungs will contribute to the incredible high number
of cancers we are seeing? Another of my cousins just called it quits and dropped dead from cancer
in early July. Where's Bonnie? Isn't she the one who would care about such things?

Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

Thinktank wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 7:34 pm they would take $billions away from spending on military, which is a useless waste of money unless you enjoy
slaughtering people, and spend it on fighting fires.
Guess what Our military also is present to stop others from slaughtering each other, Rwanda not withstanding.
Money spent in WW2 in my opinion was not a waste of money. Nor would untold millions of people in Europe.

I have worked along side military crews in 03. Great people. A couple seemed more focused in catching rattlesnakes but they performed mop up operations as well as any other crew.
Mt D. Torch will attest that responsible incident commanders will not put lives in front of a rank 4,5,6 fire. Stacking more manpower in front of a fire will make the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Sooo, take a breath, let the fire professionals do their job with safety in the fore. People power on a line is used when fire behavior is rank 1,2 and maybe 3, along a fire edge where hot spots are dealt with to prevent rekindle or to reinforce an existing fuel break.
If you can make it rain, go for it.

The reinforcements will be a grateful addition for the crews currently working so a few days off can be had.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote: Jul 20th, 2021, 7:34 pm So you agree,...
I said "military does help with firefighting". Don't say "so you agree" when you haven't asked a question I responded to. Try to make sense please.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Canada”