Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

Post by GordonH »

crookedmember wrote: Jul 27th, 2021, 11:15 am Noted accused homophobe and anti-choicer Tracy Grey is certainly not alone when it comes to exorbitant travel expenses charged to the taxpayers. The Conservative benches appear to be rife with those who couldn't care less about those of us who work to foot their bills.

It wouldn't be so bad if she at least accomplished something. Other than grift.

And then there's Mel . . .

Tell me again how this is the party of fiscal responsibility. I could use a laugh.

Every politician doesn’t matter which party they are associated is riding the gravy train.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Great work and thanks for the information
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 6:04 am How the find and download MP expenditures.

PREVIOUS REPORTS
https://www.ourcommons.ca/ProactiveDisc ... us-reports

Just pick a Fiscal Year; Expenditures by Members; and then download the Annual Report as below.
Per link:
The Members’ Expenditures Report for the first quarter of 2020-2021 outlines Members’ expenditures processed by the House Administration between April 1 and June 30, 2020.

I would be interested to see the expenditures report from June 2020 until now.
I can't find it on your link.
Or am I missing something.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

What these politicians are doing is within the rules, but if you want to be the party of conservative fiscal management, transparency, balancing the budget and saving the taxpayers' cash, just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

Many of these CPC MPs have never held real jobs and have been slurping at the government trough their entire adult lives.

They are greedy, selfish people who would unplug your life support to charge their cell phones.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mikest2 »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:41 am What these politicians are doing is within the rules, but if you want to be the party of conservative fiscal management, transparency, balancing the budget and saving the taxpayers' cash, just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

Many of these CPC MPs have never held real jobs and have been slurping at the government trough their entire adult lives.

They are greedy, selfish people who would unplug your life support to charge their cell phones.
Link ?
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Those who get into becoming a politician are trying to get to the early retirement... people are greedy for most part. This goes over all political lines.
Politicians have a lot in common with sleazy sales people.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:41 am What these politicians are doing is within the rules, but if you want to be the party of conservative fiscal management, transparency, balancing the budget and saving the taxpayers' cash, just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

And yet not one thing above is substantiated. A lot of politicians have never held real jobs and have slurping at the trough. To single out the CPC is dishonest, disingenuous, and reeks of desperation, which everyone can understand, given how close the Liberals are to completely losing power, and being thoroughly disgraced. Get that bat signal on the top of the cottage ready, time to signal Obama to interfere in our democracy again Justin!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 10:09 am

And yet not one thing above is substantiated. A lot of politicians have never held real jobs and have slurping at the trough. To single out the CPC is dishonest, disingenuous, and reeks of desperation, which everyone can understand, given how close the Liberals are to completely losing power, and being thoroughly disgraced. Get that bat signal on the top of the cottage ready, time to signal Obama to interfere in our democracy again Justin!
Well......this is the title of this thread and I'm reminded of the last CPC leader who never held a real job, lied about it to make his resume look better, sucked from the public teat for all it was worth and then some.......is that kinda the example you were looking for?

........what's Obama got to do with this thread?
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 11:37 am No downloads necessary, but not as detailed as the others.

Second Quarter Report - From July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020

https://www.ourcommons.ca/ProactiveDisc ... ers/2021/2

Third Quarter Report - From Oct 1, 2020 to December 21, 2020

https://www.ourcommons.ca/ProactiveDisc ... ers/2021/3

Forth Quarter Report - From January 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021

https://www.ourcommons.ca/ProactiveDisc ... ers/2021/4

And that's about all I can find right now, but I hope it all helps with the discussion here.

:popcorn: :D
Wow .. you're the man/woman.
Thanks.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:41 amMany of these CPC MPs have never held real jobs and have been slurping at the government trough their entire adult lives.
To be fair, I'm sure slurping at the trough isn't the sole domain of Conservatives, there has been a long-standing attitude among our elected officials, along with government employees and contractors, that government money is easy money.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

fluffy wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 5:10 am
crookedmember wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 9:41 amMany of these CPC MPs have never held real jobs and have been slurping at the government trough their entire adult lives.
To be fair, I'm sure slurping at the trough isn't the sole domain of Conservatives, there has been a long-standing attitude among our elected officials, along with government employees and contractors, that government money is easy money.
👍👍
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

I'm not aware of any Liberal or NDP MPs who were elected in their 20s without any real work experience. There may be some.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 CPC MPs--Poilievre, Scheer and former MP Kenney. There probably are more.

Poilievre became eligible for a pension at the age of 31. The other two likely similar.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am

I'm not aware of any Liberal or NDP MPs who were elected in their 20s without any real work experience. There may be some.
LOL
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am

Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 CPC MPs--Poilievre, Scheer and former MP Kenney. There probably are more.

Poilievre became eligible for a pension at the age of 31. The other two likely similar.
Yup, trough swillers for sure.

Return to “Canada”