Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Conservative MPs Love Riding the Gravy Train

Post by fluffy »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am I'm not aware of any Liberal or NDP MPs who were elected in their 20s without any real work experience. There may be some.
While cases may not be as extreme as those with these local MPs, I'll bet you lunch it's a lot more widespread than taxpayers would like to think. Padding expenses accounts, claiming "allowances" for expenditures not made, the list goes on. I heard they wanted to start painting lines down the middle of the halls in government buildings. It's a safety issue you see, people leaving early running into people coming late all the time.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

fluffy wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 11:33 am
crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am I'm not aware of any Liberal or NDP MPs who were elected in their 20s without any real work experience. There may be some.
While cases may not be as extreme as those with these local MPs, I'll bet you lunch it's a lot more widespread than taxpayers would like to think. Padding expenses accounts, claiming "allowances" for expenditures not made, the list goes on. I heard they wanted to start painting lines down the middle of the halls in government buildings. It's a safety issue you see, people leaving early running into people coming late all the time.
I think that's for Covid reasons like the grocery aisles that no one pays attention to.....wouldnt want to run into anyone not vaccinated, you see.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Oh I'm sure there are other instances.

For example, lifer Pierre Poilievre is married to CPC MP Michael Cooper's assistant. The Poilievres are renting an Ottawa house to Cooper as his second residence.

So that's a pretty great way for Pierre to pay the mortgage and get the taxpayers to buy him a second house in Ottawa. And while it's all perfectly legal, it probably should give fiscal conservative voters pause.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Tracy Grey is not riding the "Gravy Train"..........she is WALLOWING in it!
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Oh I'm sure there are other instances.

For example, lifer Pierre Poilievre is married to CPC MP Michael Cooper's assistant. The Poilievres are renting an Ottawa house to Cooper as his second residence.

So that's a pretty great way for Pierre to pay the mortgage and get the taxpayers to buy him a second house in Ottawa. And while it's all perfectly legal, it probably should give fiscal conservative voters pause.
Oh really? What a scam (legal) that is. That's kinda like I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine. That's gravy!
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

What if a Conservative PM lived full time by himself in an official residence in Ottawa, with a full household taxpayer paid staff including maids, chefs, chauffeurs etc, but the Conservative PM’s wife and kids lived full time in a separate multi million dollar government residence, one hour away from Ottawa, with a full household taxpayer staff including maids, nannies, chefs, chauffeurs etc, would that be called a “riding the gravy train” scam ?
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hurtlander wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 5:35 pm What if a Conservative PM lived full time by himself in an official residence in Ottawa, with a full household taxpayer paid staff including maids, chefs, chauffeurs etc, but the Conservative PM’s wife and kids lived full time in a separate multi million dollar government residence, one hour away from Ottawa, with a full household taxpayer staff including maids, nannies, chefs, chauffeurs etc, would that be called a “riding the gravy train” scam ?
If the PM in question were a Liberal, then nothing to see here, but if Conservative then obviously a huge waste of taxpayers' money.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm
If the PM in question were a Liberal, then nothing to see here, but if Conservative then obviously a huge waste of taxpayers' money.
Well said. The idiot Liberals are just pure scum.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

crookedmember wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 12:27 pm The Poilievres are renting an Ottawa house to Cooper as his second residence.
Good for them! Way to go Pierre! The CPC are awesome, and such a contrast to the evil and horrible Liberals. I can't wait for the CPC to take over from the arrogant evil Liberals.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Removed
Reason: Response
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Removed
Reason: Response to removed
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”