Canada natural resource wealth

PoplarSoul
Guru

Re: Canada natural resource wealth

Post by PoplarSoul »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 10th, 2021, 12:33 pm "Canadian resource extraction has become so responsible"

I suggest anyone buying this hogwash take a look at the Alberta orphan well situation and the hundreds of billions of dollars in liabilities Alberta taxpayers inherited when those responsible resource companies walked away from them.
Conservatives are renowned for hogwash.

"The fact is the tailings ponds are being cleaned up and you'll be able to drink from them, you'll be able to fish from them," Oliver said. "The land will be brought back to its original state."
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

looks like a first nation is going to be included in the process now, so a mine that had no chance now has a chance thanks to this first nation. an thank you to castanet for running this story

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/371084 ... -agreement
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Good news as the outlook has never looked so good for canadas oil sands. For me personaly i think it sucks but the facts are what they are .

https://www.ft.com/content/276ecc11-15c ... 64dcde77da

When the pandemic hit in 2020, he dismissed the 11 men who worked for him. Now he is struggling to find enough workers. “Folks are punching wells all over the place. It’s right back to where it was in 2014 — and in 2014 it was nuts,” he says, referring to the last time oil topped $100 a barrel,
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Exxon / esso is set to start mining lithium in alberta woohoo now that is a oil company plan i can get behind :130: party tonight with a esso theme red n blue woohoo

Yahoo Canada: Imperial Oil to extract lithium from historic Alberta oil field.
https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/imper ... 01870.html
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Will wait and watch this carefully with the hope it’s not another boondoggle.

Saying that, Feds are involved.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Catsumi wrote: Jun 24th, 2022, 5:55 pm Will wait and watch this carefully with the hope it’s not another boondoggle.

So when exxon mines oil n gas its all good but when same company mines another resource it has to be a boondogle ? The feds are involved in ever millimtre of oil sands . Partisan mining, how lowbrow :smt045
Harm Reduction Is Cool
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 25th, 2022, 11:14 am
Catsumi wrote: Jun 24th, 2022, 5:55 pm Will wait and watch this carefully with the hope it’s not another boondoggle.

So when exxon mines oil n gas its all good but when same company mines another resource it has to be a boondogle ? The feds are involved in ever millimtre of oil sands . Partisan mining, how lowbrow :smt045
For every metric ton of Lithium mined 1.9 million litres of water is needed, few more fresh water lakes gone poof.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”