Canada accepting 20,000 Afghanistan's

mnprochnau
Banned

Canada accepting 20,000 Afghanistan's

Post by mnprochnau »

https://globalnews.ca/video/8111850/can ... ghanistan/

this story is the story of Canada. !900 my ancestors fled war for Canada and made it. I've said it before "I welcome everyone capable of getting out of whatever excrement country their are in and making it here". We as a nation should save more human lives, rescuing foreign nationals living in a hostile regime, course that's about half the planet.

I wrote this a week or so ago and have been watching and reading with interest to see just where this topic would lead. So if you're reading this for the first time let me save you the trouble.I initially intended to create a post showing Canada to be a great humanitarian country looking to help the downtrodden of the world. Hoping to show how we as Canadians are looking out for the little guy on a global stage. Not one single person has had any positive feedback even closely relating to the true topic of this post. What I see is a lot of paranoid people expressing their fear of these new Canadians and at some points the entire conversation degrading into a screaming match to see who can call Trudeau the worst name. People are bringing up Stephen Harper and Biden, I believe The fool trump was even mentioned. Suffice to say this Your a pack of selfish fools incapable of seeing just how much a part of the problem you are. Doesn't discourage me though. Just makes me sad that your my neighbors
Last edited by mnprochnau on Aug 22nd, 2021, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Canada accepting 20,000 Afghanistan's

Post by Queen K »

The shocking speed at which Afghanistan has fallen to the Taliban shows us that years spent there has been a giant wasted hole of money for the West. That the Taliban is a blood thirsty theocracy that no one can control, even their own people, that the President fled for his life so fast, has shown us this.

Yes accept the translators, bring them out of life threatening situations becasue the educated are shot first, the people who are labeled collaborators are shot first, that happened in France too, once the Nazis were defeated. But I can't wrap my head around one thing: housing.

I am trying to reconcile the housing situation in the Okanagan with multiple people not finding affordable homes for their families with bringing in 20,000 people just like that. Every single day people are begging for housing. Posting their photos and basically allowing landlords to shop on looks.

The growing homeless includes normal families unable to convince their landlords not to sell and kick them out.

Where are 20,000 people going to live? WHERE?

Saskatchewan? Manitoba? Where else has depopulation issues?

Seriously I feel sick about the thought of what, where and how this will be settled.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All those minimum wage jobs nobody appears to want, may just become filled.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

GordonH wrote: Aug 15th, 2021, 10:51 am All those minimum wage jobs nobody appears to want, may just become filled.
Maybe some of the high paying ones too.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Queen K wrote: Aug 15th, 2021, 10:22 am Where are 20,000 people going to live? WHERE?
They will probably settled in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal where Afghanistan communities are already established.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Great we need more immigrants to replenish our working classes to support them in their retirement. Welcome Afgans to Canada, we're an awesome country.
Last edited by foenix on Aug 15th, 2021, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

They are. We are. But where? Every day there are people posting houses between 2 - 3 Gs/month to rent and people are driven out of their jobs and homes and the Okanagan Valley due to rent costs.

So yes, the cities for the new comers.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They will probably be housed by our Gov't until places can be found.

Many will live with family who are here now and they are not shy about having more than 1 family per house.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

Great we need more immigrants to replenish our working classes to support them in their retirement.
Sounds like a pyramid scheme...
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote: Aug 15th, 2021, 10:22 am The shocking speed at which Afghanistan has fallen to the Taliban shows us that years spent there has been a giant wasted hole of money for the West. That the Taliban is a blood thirsty theocracy that no one can control, even their own people, that the President fled for his life so fast, has shown us this.

Yes accept the translators, bring them out of life threatening situations becasue the educated are shot first, the people who are labeled collaborators are shot first, that happened in France too, once the Nazis were defeated. But I can't wrap my head around one thing: housing.

I am trying to reconcile the housing situation in the Okanagan with multiple people not finding affordable homes for their families with bringing in 20,000 people just like that. Every single day people are begging for housing. Posting their photos and basically allowing landlords to shop on looks.

The growing homeless includes normal families unable to convince their landlords not to sell and kick them out.

Where are 20,000 people going to live? WHERE?

Saskatchewan? Manitoba? Where else has depopulation issues?

Seriously I feel sick about the thought of what, where and how this will be settled.

many will live in coops that have subsidized housing across canada, they will be put first in line to move in, regardless who was in front of them and how long they have been waiting , they did this a few years ago, when we took in all the unvetted

businesses will that advantage of them like they always do, something like this https://www.ohscanada.com/halifax-busin ... n-workers/
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

While the worse thing any country can do is poach educated citizens from a third world country, as mentioned above, these people don't face a secure future in Afghanistan.

And should we be organized enough to get 20,000 out of that country [icon_lol2.gif] , let's hope they are all somewhat educated.

Bringing in uneducated peasants into this country won't do us any good.
Well, maybe they could pick grapes and fruit.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

many of them do not even read or write their own language, and now drop them of in a new country, what can go wrong
are they vetted ?
are they all vaccinated for those of you who are so keen on this, it should be a great concern, will they bring in this the country https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... c-76939912
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
plast63
Fledgling

Post by plast63 »

Unbelievable how stupid can be to do this.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Justin had better hurry if he wants them here by September 20th.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bb49 wrote: Aug 16th, 2021, 3:16 pm Justin had better hurry if he wants them here by September 20th.
We also have Canadians stuck in Afghanistan, though. Apparently they were told to travel to Kabul.

Trudeau was caught completely flat-footed on this. Opening the doors to refugees won't change how he neglected his responsibilities. Again.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Canada”