Federal Election 2021

erinmore3775
Übergod

Re: Federal Election 2021

Post by erinmore3775 »

GB, you might provide forum contributors and all Canada a service by providing proof of Chinese election collusion. The proof should include more than comments from WeChat or opinion pieces from the CPC owned Global Times. Chiu is complaining about voter Suppression. There must be to the claim than just a supposition.

As of September 25 at 15: 57 Bains had 16,542 votes while Chiu had 13,065. Since about 50% of the Richmond area population is of Chinese ethnic origin, that means that there were about 8,000 Chinese votes for Bains vs 6,500 for Chiu. The voting difference is not likely to suspression, but more likely due to a poorly run campaign and a platform that did not gain traction with the voters. Chiu's complaints and alligations are more than anything, sour grapes.

His reference to a conversation with representatives from CSIS, may have taken place but do not prove collusion or unusual foreign influence. CSIS is required to investigate "unusual" comments of WeChat and Facebook. Especially if these comments appear to be foreign based. Yet, the election results really do not suggest any foreign influence.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:11 pm GB, you might provide forum contributors and all Canada a service by providing proof of Chinese election collusion.
Erin - you might do us all a favor by reading my opening post in the Chinese commie thread. We all get it, this is hugely embarrassing for the disgusting and racist Liberals, getting caught working with a horrible foreign regime to undermine our democracy. But deflecting and denial just makes the Liberals look all the more guilty. The Liberals really stepped in this time.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
nucksRnum1
Übergod

Post by nucksRnum1 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:15 pm
erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:11 pm GB, you might provide forum contributors and all Canada a service by providing proof of Chinese election collusion.
Erin - you might do us all a favor by reading my opening post in the Chinese commie thread. We all get it, this is hugely embarrassing for the disgusting and racist Liberals, getting caught working with a horrible foreign regime to undermine our democracy. But deflecting and denial just makes the Liberals look all the more guilty. The Liberals really stepped in this time.
Hugely embarrassing? I'm not embarrassed. The alleged influence is something that got Trudeau the win. And for the economic stability and medical stability in Canada, that win was important. One thing I will say about winning is this - it never gets old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by PoplarSoul »

erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 6:11 pm GB, you might provide forum contributors and all Canada a service by providing proof of Chinese election collusion. The proof should include more than comments from WeChat or opinion pieces from the CPC owned Global Times. Chiu is complaining about voter Suppression. There must be to the claim than just a supposition.

As of September 25 at 15: 57 Bains had 16,542 votes while Chiu had 13,065. Since about 50% of the Richmond area population is of Chinese ethnic origin, that means that there were about 8,000 Chinese votes for Bains vs 6,500 for Chiu. The voting difference is not likely to suspression, but more likely due to a poorly run campaign and a platform that did not gain traction with the voters. Chiu's complaints and alligations are more than anything, sour grapes.

His reference to a conversation with representatives from CSIS, may have taken place but do not prove collusion or unusual foreign influence. CSIS is required to investigate "unusual" comments of WeChat and Facebook. Especially if these comments appear to be foreign based. Yet, the election results really do not suggest any foreign influence.

:up: :up: :up:
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
erinmore3775
Übergod

Post by erinmore3775 »

GB, I have read your posts and examined them carefully for proof. All I have found is innuendo. I do agree that AL lobbiests must be registered, both foreign, and Canadian commercial, industrial, social, religious. Hat I am seeing is that if the CPC candidates had won those seats the question of foreign influence would be moot, deprived of all practical significance.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

These numbers are terrible what a disgrace.

Voter Turnout: 16,991,074 of 27,366,297 registered electors (62.09 %) -- does not include electors who registered on election day.

This is directly from Election Canada.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

^Awful.

I wonder if people in long-term care homes were able to vote as easily this year as in previous years, or did restrictions prevent this?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

Instead of complaining about the outcome you could ask yourself what could I have done to help my Party win
Time spent on here could have been utilized by volunteering to make calls, driving people to voting polls, fund raising
Erin
Because it is easier to fault the Chinese than the Cons :/
AIADMF
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

normaM wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:08 am Instead of complaining about the outcome you could ask yourself what could I have done to help my Party win
Time spent on here could have been utilized by volunteering to make calls, driving people to voting polls, fund raising
Erin
Because it is easier to fault the Chinese than the Cons :/
I'm not a party activist.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

GordonH wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 6:37 am These numbers are terrible what a disgrace.

Voter Turnout: 16,991,074 of 27,366,297 registered electors (62.09 %) -- does not include electors who registered on election day.

Since 2000, that's about par......except of course in 2015 to kick out you know who in 2015.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_Canada
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

foenix wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 7:50 am
GordonH wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 6:37 am These numbers are terrible what a disgrace.

Since 2000, that's about par......except of course in 2015 to kick out you know who in 2015.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_Canada
Here’s an idea, to everyone who knowingly will never get off your :cuss: and actually vote. Do everyone else a big one and take yourself off the voters list.
Since there isn’t any other benefit besides voting to be on this list.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
erinmore3775
Übergod

Post by erinmore3775 »

Voting is a privileged right in a democracy. All of us must do more to encourage voting and encouraging citizens to partake in their civic responsibility. However, the reason for the poor turnout probably had more to do with resurgence of COVID than anything else. The CPC had the opportunity with a dynamic platform to sweep the election. Yet, their platform was full of promises that would not be fulfilled for years.

The only thing that curtailed the CPC election improvement was their own platform. It was not the fault of the Chinese or the unions.

GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 8:07 am Voting is a privileged right in a democracy. All of us must do more to encourage voting and encouraging citizens to partake in their civic responsibility. However, the reason for the poor turnout probably had more to do with resurgence of COVID than anything else. The CPC had the opportunity with a dynamic platform to sweep the election. Yet, their platform was full of promises that would not be fulfilled for years.

The only thing that curtailed the CPC election improvement was their own platform. It was not the fault of the Chinese or the unions.
With mail in ballots, there really isn’t any excuses.
birdsarentreal.com
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 25th, 2021, 9:36 am https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/six-cha ... -1.5598419

CTV News has provided a very good analysis of the voting patterns of the election. THeq CPC garnered about 200,000 more votes than the Liberals, yet did not win the most seats. This can be attributed to their overwhelming victories in many western Canada and several Ontario ridings.
Thank you for posting this link. Some really good information there. I think the part that surprises me the most is that the riding where the NDP did the best was in Alberta!

Here is JJ McCullough's analysis...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

GordonH wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 8:11 am
erinmore3775 wrote: Sep 26th, 2021, 8:07 am Voting is a privileged right in a democracy. All of us must do more to encourage voting and encouraging citizens to partake in their civic responsibility. However, the reason for the poor turnout probably had more to do with resurgence of COVID than anything else. The CPC had the opportunity with a dynamic platform to sweep the election. Yet, their platform was full of promises that would not be fulfilled for years.

With mail in ballots, there really isn’t any excuses.
And I want to know if every effort was made to help those in long-term care homes were able to vote. I don't care how they would have voted. I just want to know if they were able to vote.

Return to “Canada”