Federal Election 2021

OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Federal Election 2021

Post by OldBlindDog »

GordonH wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 6:22 pm They are roadside eyesore every time election is called, I welcome the elimination of all election signs.
It may actually force voters to look into candidates that are running.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -vandalism
I have to agree with this sentiment. What purpose do these signs serve? Anyone who is remotely interested in politics knows that there is an election going on, and most people know who they are going to choose well before they have to vote. No one has ever changed their minds because they saw someone's name on a sign. I suppose signs can be a show of support, but I would figure that a financial contribution or volunteer work for a candidate would be a more effective means of support. These signs are a waste of resources, and many of these signs become vandalized pollution. I never did understand this phenomenon.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Why electoral boundaries are so bizarre:
Boundaries of electoral districts are gerrymandered, which highly pre-determines election outcomes.
Why is this political fraud allowed to continue, allowing a sitting government to manipulate the mix of votes, to pre-determine elections in their favour! This election cheating is obviously going on in Canada.
This is a severe erosion of democracy, where current leaders pick their voters, and not voters picking their leaders! Why bother voting, when the outcomes are rigged (Vote anyway!).
Like now happening in the US, laws need to be implemented in Canada, to stop electoral boundary gerrymandering.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering
Attachments
15C38F8C-1620-4788-8F41-0F419A08CF72.jpeg
2A5F29A1-8734-4938-8D9E-6BAFAAAA4D90.jpeg
Last edited by nepal on Aug 31st, 2021, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

PoplarSoul wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 2:23 pm Just noticed this thread.
Yes, go out and vote.
Regardless who wins the federal election, remember Canada is still a great country.
It would be a great country if it wasn't for the politicians. Beautiful land. Beautiful people for the most part. But the slimiest of politicians. All of them for the most part as well. But because the Liberals have been in power they showed their sliminess over and over. The whole system needs a change
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

bb49 wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 3:04 pm My 117th reason for not voting Liberal.

#117. Justin legalized the growing of marijuana, and what this has done to a number of neighbourhoods.

For the fourth summer in a row our neighbour is growing his four legal pot plants, and for the fourth summer in a row we are not able to use our backyard due to the oppressive smell, which becomes worse as the plants get bigger.
The smell starts in June, with a faint, smell and gets worse as the season progress, right through to about October, when the smell permeates our house.
I've talked to the guy twice. The first time he denied it was his plants I was smelling, the second time he told me where I could get off.

So thanks to Justin, and his redneck *bleep* supporter, we are considering moving.
I'm curious what your number 117 is. What exactly has it done to neighborhoods?. And you're also making a mountain out of a molehill as pot plants don't smell until after they started budding when they're near the end of their cycle. So you are completely inaccurate there and sensationalizing" the smell" you wouldn't be able to pick a growing pot plants smell during a blind fold test. I guarantee you that unless it's almost ready to be cut down
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

please vote, any vote against the libs is a vote to save canada, :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

This "manipulated video and post's" thing needs to be accountable with some form of charge or fine. The recent 2 , from JT and Freeland, obviously labeled sliced and diced for manipulation of voters for political gain is so pathetically wrong. Not only is nothing done, no media attention, but some are actually ok with it. This whole election is about greed, inability to achieve on merit, buying off votes with money and then this whole, lefts victimhood , wokeism thing. We are so done for. I hope at least people teach these loser politicians a lesson for calling this election instead of serving with merit and accomplishments. Is it too hard for JT to serve his term and get re elected on achievement? Is that not possible and they know it? Sorry people, this whole thing is embarrassing to us all.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

oldtrucker wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 1:54 pmJust looking at some polls..... a few of them actually have the CPC ahead of the Libs as of the last day or two.
https://338canada.com/polls.htm
One time in band camp.....Sheer and his staff had numbers on the eve of election that said they were ahead. And then......Trudeau got an empty-net goal. I'd be horrified by polls if I was a conservative supporter.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 2:34 pm
One time in band camp.....Sheer and his staff had numbers on the eve of election that said they were ahead. And then......Trudeau got an empty-net goal. I'd be horrified by polls if I was a conservative supporter.
Scheer took 34% of the vs. 33% for False-deau.

It's interesting, if the latest polls are right, the winner could take as little as 32% of the vote. The PPC is surging and the Greens are tanking. Long ways until election day, so a lot could change between then and now.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 23rd, 2021, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read the first post in the thread please.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

nucksRnum1 wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 2:34 pm

One time in band camp.....Sheer and his staff had numbers on the eve of election that said they were ahead. And then......Trudeau got an empty-net goal.
Thanks to the horrible interference from a foreign president. Obama you are truly an awful human being.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

common_sense_guy wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 7:33 am
bb49 wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 3:04 pm My 117th reason for not voting Liberal.

#117. Justin legalized the growing of marijuana, and what this has done to a number of neighbourhoods.

For the fourth summer in a row our neighbour is growing his four legal pot plants, and for the fourth summer in a row we are not able to use our backyard due to the oppressive smell, which becomes worse as the plants get bigger.
The smell starts in June, with a faint, smell and gets worse as the season progress, right through to about October, when the smell permeates our house.
I've talked to the guy twice. The first time he denied it was his plants I was smelling, the second time he told me where I could get off.

So thanks to Justin, and his redneck *bleep* supporter, we are considering moving.
I'm curious what your number 117 is. What exactly has it done to neighborhoods?. And you're also making a mountain out of a molehill as pot plants don't smell until after they started budding when they're near the end of their cycle. So you are completely inaccurate there and sensationalizing" the smell" you wouldn't be able to pick a growing pot plants smell during a blind fold test. I guarantee you that unless it's almost ready to be cut down
Total BS that they don't smell until they start budding.
We've been putting up with this offensive smell as early as June for four years now. At that time the smell is faint and gets stronger as the season progresses and is very strong when the plants are watered or rained on.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Voted today at an Election Canada office.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

bb49 wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 6:43 pm Voted today at an Election Canada office.
Any problems amid the wildfire and the Pandemic?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Twitter adds warning label to tweet from Liberal candidate Chrystia Freeland

A video tweeted by incumbent Liberal candidate Chrystia Freeland, who served as deputy prime minister in Justin Trudeau's government, was given a warning label Sunday from Twitter, which marked it as "manipulated media."

Freeland's tweets, posted in both English and French, contain several edits and show Conservative leader Erin O'Toole answering a question about privatized health care during an online question-and-answer session in July 2020 during the Conservative leadership race.

The tweet shows O'Toole being asked if he would bring private, "for-profit" health care to Canada. He quickly responds: "yes."

However, in the original recording of O'Toole's remarks on heath care — which can be seen here at about the 12:30 mark — the Conservative leader also noted that universal access remains paramount.

The shortened clip used in Freeland's tweet did not include O'Toole's statement on ensuring universal access.

Trudeau retweeted the video and drew on it during a speech Sunday to attack O'Toole on the campaign trail in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.

Liberals 'spreading misinformation': Conservatives
Conservative Party lawyers have sent a letter to the commissioner of Canada Elections calling for an investigation into the matter to determine who was involved in making the video. The party is also requesting the commissioner ask the Liberals to take down the post.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/t ... d=msedgntp
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

foenix wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 6:58 pm
bb49 wrote: Aug 23rd, 2021, 6:43 pm Voted today at an Election Canada office.
Any problems amid the wildfire and the Pandemic?
Masks are mandatory of course.
Office was still in the process of setting up.
New employees were starting today.
Ballot was completely blank. No names to put an X beside. What you do is print the name of the person you are voting for. They gave us a news clipping of the latest candidates in case you aren't familiar with their names.

We voted around 10 this morning and were the 13th and 14th to vote today.

If by some chance your candidate withdraws then your ballot is considered spoiled.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”