Tim Krupa - LIBERAL

Gone_Fishin
Guru

Re: Tim Krupa - LIBERAL

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Does the Liberal candidate plan on quitting his Toronto job and committing to serving the people of Kelowna - Lake Country prior to Election Day, or is he just visiting?

He was asked repeatedly by the media if he planned to quit his job in Toronto to show a commitment to Kelowna - Lake Country. After a long, awkward silence, Tiny Tim could only say he's proud to have grown up in Kelowna.

Remember how it went for this other Liberal that was "just visiting?"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 1:54 pm Does the Liberal candidate plan on quitting his Toronto job and committing to serving the people of Kelowna - Lake Country prior to Election Day, or is he just visiting?

He was asked repeatedly by the media if he planned to quit his job in Toronto to show a commitment to Kelowna - Lake Country. After a long, awkward silence, Tiny Tim could only say he's proud to have grown up in Kelowna.

Remember how it went for this other Liberal that was "just visiting?"

Huh, I didn't realize he's currently a resident of Ontario - as are the Liberal candidates for at least two other local ridings. Seems no one who actually lives here wants to be associated with the LPC.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 1:54 pm Does the Liberal candidate plan on quitting his Toronto job and committing to serving the people of Kelowna - Lake Country prior to Election Day, or is he just visiting?

He probably was apartment hunting on the day Afghanistan was falling and the writ was dropped, but now seeing the Liberals getting destroyed in the polls (and rightly so!) you know he's not moving here permanently. Stick to working for the CPP Timmy, you'll get another chance to be parachuted into a riding in 4 years. You probably will have a different leader by that time though, at least we can all hope anyway.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm Huh, I didn't realize he's currently a resident of Ontario - as are the Liberal candidates for at least two other local ridings. Seems no one who actually lives here wants to be associated with the LPC.
I didn't either Rustled. You are right, either this means that no one wanted to run, or these candidates were picked by the PMO and parachuted in against the best wishes and demands of the local riding associations. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 31st, 2021, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:11 pm
rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 1:58 pm Huh, I didn't realize he's currently a resident of Ontario - as are the Liberal candidates for at least two other local ridings. Seems no one who actually lives here wants to be associated with the LPC.
I didn't either Rustled. You are right, either this means that no one wanted to run, or these candidates were picked by the PMO and parachuted in against the best wishes and demands of the local riding associations.
We're aware they're doing it with Krupa et al, so I wonder if they're also parachuting people like Krupa into ridings in rural Ontario, the Maritime provinces, etc. instead of allowing local riding associations to select their candidates.

Did the local riding association select Krupa - does anyone here know?
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:20 pm
Did the local riding association select Krupa - does anyone here know?
I can't imagine that they did, given the connection to Justin and Timmy's three years "at the highest level of government", this just smells like a parachute.

Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:20 pm Did the local riding association select Krupa - does anyone here know?
Not to my knowledge. There was no candidacy race that I'm aware of. I'm sure it would have received media attention.

Justin has a habit of hand-picking his own flunkies rather than allowing local bumpkins to choose who they think is the best candidate. Justin knows far better than local hicks what the local people want, right?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Biden to yell “C’mon Man” repeatedly until oil imports increase.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Tim Krupa - LIBERAL <--- :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:26 pm
rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:20 pm Did the local riding association select Krupa - does anyone here know?
Not to my knowledge. There was no candidacy race that I'm aware of. I'm sure it would have received media attention.
Perhaps one of the posters who thinks people should support Tim Krupa with their vote can let the rest of us know whether the local Liberal riding association selected Tim Krupa to be the Liberal candidate, or if Tim Krupa was "chosen" for the local Liberal riding association.
-Solzhenitsyn
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:32 pm
Gone_Fishin wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:26 pm

Perhaps one of the posters who thinks people should support Tim Krupa with their vote can let the rest of us know whether the local Liberal riding association selected Tim Krupa to be the Liberal candidate, or if Tim Krupa was "chosen" for the local Liberal riding association.
Yup, Tim Krupa was suggested by and approved by and is fully supported by the local EDA board.

And of course the usual CPC loud bunch posters are not aware of the candidate selection process of another party. I am not aware the process for the NDP, Green or PPC. So instead they do the normal CPC spreading of misinformation and innuendo.

Tim Krupa is fully committed to representing ALL of Kelowna/Lake Country if elected and has deep roots in the community having been raised here and with his family here.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 4:01 pm
rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 2:32 pm

Yup, Tim Krupa was suggested by and approved by and is fully supported by the local EDA board.
What is EDA, please? Never mind - Electoral District Association.

What you are posting here suggests to me that the local riding association nominated Tim Krupa and did not accept other nominations. Is this all correct?
rustled wrote:And of course the usual CPC loud bunch posters are not aware of the candidate selection process of another party. I am not aware the process for the NDP, Green or PPC. So instead they do the normal CPC spreading of misinformation and innuendo.
It's rather silly to complain when people ask a simple question about who chose Tim Krupa - whether the local riding association had input or Tim Krupa was chosen for them.

Why all the defensiveness?
hobbyguy wrote:Tim Krupa is fully committed to representing ALL of Kelowna/Lake Country if elected and has deep roots in the community having been raised here and with his family here.
More defensiveness. Many of us have "deep roots" and family where we were raised. We all understand it's not the same thing as still living in the area.

It seems to me the Liberals should have been able to find a candidate who does live in the riding.

People have every right to question WHY someone who has chosen to live in Toronto has been selected to represent the people who live in Kelowna Lake Country, instead of someone who actually lives in the riding.
-Solzhenitsyn
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

How do you know this?
And of course the usual CPC loud bunch posters are not aware of the candidate selection process of another party.
Why would they be? That's why the question was asked. Thank you for answering, though considering the source, I'd like a second opinion/confirmation before I believe what you wrote.
I am not aware the process for the NDP, Green or PPC.
No one cares.
So instead they do the normal CPC spreading of misinformation and innuendo.
That's one way of looking at it, and a pretty biased and silly way at that. The Liberal candidate, "Tiny" Tim, doesn't live in the Okanagan. When asked if he is moving here, he won't commit. So it begs the question - why is he here? Was there no one who actually lives here, and who isn't wearing the stench of three years spent with our dumb-dumb PM, that was available? Really?
Tim Krupa is fully committed to representing ALL of Kelowna/Lake Country
Unless...wait for it...
if elected
There it is.
and has deep roots in the community
So deep that he immediately ran off to Toronto at the first opportunity. Those are deep roots!
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Aug 31st, 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

Ken7 wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 11:21 am
hobbyguy wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 9:54 am

"The Conservative promise to balance the budget “over the next decade” is a masterpiece of meaninglessness: the latest projections from the Parliamentary Budget Office show the budget will be all but balanced – a deficit of less than 1 per cent of GDP – inside of four years. It would require heroic acts of profligacy to prevent it from balancing in 10."

Back up some didn't Trudeau say the budget would balance itself?? Take away covid costs he isn't doing so well. He is also second term stop trying to place blame!

As for Covid if he would have gave it to only those who actually qualified we likely wouldn't be so deep!

I should further add, Tim might have some knowledge although if he disagrees with Trudeau, good bye! We have seen a history of it by pushing Wilson out the door. I could trust Trudeau or any other Liberal to hold a $100.00 bill for me for five minutes, they would fine a place to throw it away.
Did you not read?

The Liberal plans are on target balanced budgets in 4-5 years, subject to teh end of the pandemic (we do not know if the 4th wave is the last or if there will be new ones caused by new variants).

That is proven by the PBO analysis of what has been laid out. It has been looked at by a columnist, Andrew Coyne, who is happy to criticize all politicians who are not fiscally responsible. Remember, Andrew Coyne has a masters in economics and his father taught him a lot, having been a governor of the Bank of Canada.

That's why the CPC nonsense party line of "massive spending and out of control deficits" and meaningless nonsense of "balancing the budget with a decade" is such a pile a pile of manure.

If you are concerned about the deficit, then we need to send to Ottawa the best qualified candidate to deal with fiscal and economic issues.

Tim Krupa has a Masters of Business administration and a Masters of Public Policy from Oxford, having graduated valedictorian from UBCO. Tim also did research work at Harvard Business school and book consulting for Mark Carney's book.

Who better to advance the talent pool in Ottawa on economic and fiscal matters from Kelowna/Lake Country? None of the current crop of candidates, including the incumbent, comes close.

If economic and fiscal matters are your concern, Tim Krupa is the best choice by far.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 4:22 pm

Who better to advance the talent pool in Ottawa on economic and fiscal matters from Kelowna/Lake Country?
Someone who lives here, not Toronto. Someone who didn't spend 3 years on the policy team of our current disgraced prime minister. Someone who doesn't represent one of the most reprehensible parties (the Liberals) that Canada has seen in decades.
None of the current crop of candidates, including the incumbent, comes close.
No, the incumbent far exceeds Tiny Tim, in a lot of areas, but especially the party that she represents, in comparison. It's not even close. The Liberals are awful, and Tiny Tim made a HUGE mistake getting in bed with these clowns. Of course, he's just visiting, and will head back to his job with the CPP guys soon. I wonder if I can opt out of the CPP, knowing what I know now?
If economic and fiscal matters are your concern, Tim Krupa is the best choice by far.
And Timmy has a bright future, but right now he's hitched his horse to a manure wagon in the Liberals. If his judgement is this dumb then he shouldn't be representing anything, but instead, should be taking a long think about where he made such a wrong turn in life.

hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

rustled wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 4:12 pm

What is EDA, please? Never mind - Electoral District Association.

What you are posting here suggests to me that the local riding association nominated Tim Krupa and did not accept other nominations. Is this all correct?
rustled wrote:And of course the usual CPC loud bunch posters are not aware of the candidate selection process of another party. I am not aware the process for the NDP, Green or PPC. So instead they do the normal CPC spreading of misinformation and innuendo.
It's rather silly to complain when people ask a simple question about who chose Tim Krupa - whether the local riding association had input or Tim Krupa was chosen for them.

Why all the defensiveness?
hobbyguy wrote:Tim Krupa is fully committed to representing ALL of Kelowna/Lake Country if elected and has deep roots in the community having been raised here and with his family here.
More defensiveness. Many of us have "deep roots" and family where we were raised. We all understand it's not the same thing as still living in the area.

It seems to me the Liberals should have been able to find a candidate who does live in the riding.

People have every right to question WHY someone who has chosen to live in Toronto has been selected to represent the people who live in Kelowna Lake Country, instead of someone who actually lives in the riding.
rustled - you mean like one who was not born and raised in Alberta? You will never see me criticize any candidate on that basis.

Yes, I will indeed criticize such a candidate for voting to attack LGBTQ rights, attack seniors rights, attack women's rights and obstruct efforts to deal with human caused climate change. And yes I have criticized the local incumbent candidate for such an intolerant and head in the sand unthinking and lacking empathy voting record.

The contrast with Tim Krupa and his inclusive worldview plus relevant and superior education and experience is clear. Tim is far and away the most qualified to inclusively serve ALL of Kelowna/Lake Country.

Return to “Canada”