In a Quandry... Vote or Not

PoplarSoul
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: In a Quandry... Vote or Not

Post by PoplarSoul »

Veovis wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:01 pm if the Bloq get enough and partner with the cons.
I doubt you will ever see that happening.
Mr. Blanchet has said that Mr. O’Toole's positions on climate change, health transfers and child care issues are not compatible with the interests of Quebec.
"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
Alan Watts
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

PoplarSoul wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:14 pm
Mr. Blanchet has said that Mr. O’Toole's positions on climate change, health transfers and child care issues are not compatible with the interests of Quebec.
Man-made climate change? What's the position that Yves would prefer? Higher taxes on poor people?

Seriously though, speculating on who will partner with whom right now is a fool's game. No one knows how many seats the CPC are going to win, or if they'll even need the pipeline hating welfare-sucking Bloc-heads.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

PoplarSoul wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:14 pm
Veovis wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:01 pm if the Bloq get enough and partner with the cons.

Quite possible but we know the Liberals won't try to work with the Cons, the NDP certainly won't (even should they say they will we know better) so that leaves MAYBE the bloq.

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 2:04 pm
To prop up a 'Liberal' government over a Conservative minority? Is that what you're saying?
Jagmeet has been very obedient to Justin so far and I don't see that changing any time soon. I think he and Justin already see the outcome and how they can maintain power after, he's just currently likeable and Justin isn't but people forget he has been Justin's yes man for some time now.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If in doubt, vote for the hottest candidate.

If there are no hot candidates, then they better have at least 379,000 followers on YouTube and they better be making videos in French and English.

Okay, here is a guy that deserves a vote, although, he's running against Marc Garneau in a Quebec riding, so probably wont win.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Veovis wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 1:01 pmI disagree. I think we will see federally what occurred in BC, if the Conservatives win a minority you will instantly see Jagmeet go right back into lap dog mode and partner with Justin to prop up that government instead of trying to be their own party.
If the CPC wins a majority the NDP will be in a good position to force some concessions out of the Liberals, which could go a long way into integrating some NDP policy into the governing party. I think Mr. Singh is a lot smarter than Trudeau, he'll make sure he gets a decent chunk of cooperation.
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 6:48 am
vegas1500 wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 9:55 pm There is only one person to vote for if you want Trudeau gone……he may not be the best but he’s better, and has some good people around him.
Trudeau's the reason we're having this election, and if he wins a majority then 'better' won't count in any way shape or form.
Let’s be clear: the only reason we’re having this election is first-past-the-post

https://www.fairvote.ca/2021/08/15/fptppowergrab/

Who thinks a snap election in the middle of a pandemic is a good idea?

Canadian politicians sure do.

Today’s announcement of a federal election – a full two years ahead of schedule – is the third snap election since the beginning of the pandemic.

John Horgan’s BC NDP and Blaine Higgs New Brunswick PC’s also pulled the plug on their minority governments, despite other parties in their legislatures pleading with them to keep working across party lines instead.

<snip>

Trudeau – testing out his talking points for the snap election – recently lamented that Parliament had become “toxic”.

Ironically, that same word was uttered by MPs on their way out the door, such as Conservative MP Bruce Stanton and Independent MP Jody Wilson-Raybould.

The increase in mindless, destructive hyper-partisanship has been noted by countless MPs in recent years.

<snip>

We have issues in Canada that one party alone can’t solve.

The solution to the “toxic” culture in Parliament?

For Trudeau, it’s a snap election. To secure a government where he doesn’t have to compromise with anyone.

There’s no doubt: This election is a first-past-the-post power grab.
The solution for all can be found at Fair Vote Canada.
https://www.fairvote.ca/
Think you misunderstood me…….
Nedroj
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Nedroj »

Glacier wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:52 pm If in doubt, vote for the hottest candidate.

If there are no hot candidates, then they better have at least 379,000 followers on YouTube and they better be making videos in French and English.

Okay, here is a guy that deserves a vote, although, he's running against Marc Garneau in a Quebec riding, so probably wont win.

I'd love to vote for this guy. I've been a subscriber to his youtube channel for a couple of years now. Always good content, he knows what he is talking about and is very likable. I dont think we have a PPC candidate here in the central Okanagan though?
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

fluffy wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:54 pm I think Mr. Singh is a lot smarter than Trudeau,
Pretty bold statement, really going out on a limb there.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

fluffy wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 3:54 pm ............. I think Mr. Singh is a lot smarter than Trudeau, he'll make sure he gets a decent chunk of cooperation.
Pretty low bar.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 31st, 2021, 7:49 pm Something worth examining that is actually in the works right now and could be enacted with the enough support.

Canada, federally since 1930: "Phony majorities -- 12; Legitimate majorities -- 4."

"THIS IS DEMOCRACY?
Why Canadians need a fair and proportional voting system"

https://www.fairvote.ca/wp-content/uplo ... loid-1.pdf"

Parent website.

https://www.fairvote.ca/
impo only really fair proportion representation is by popular vote percentages.

Political party gets 40% of the voters.... they get 40% of seats in House of Commons (divided evenly across the country).

Not like some of those proportion representation ideas BC tried, those impo were a joke.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 1st, 2021, 7:40 pm
Sorry, I assumed you were suggesting that Trudeau was the "he" who would win the majority
Why would you assume that? Justin is running a freaking awful campaign that is so bad, doesn't even make him at this point qualified to be the official opposition. It's pretty obvious at this point - a vote for the Liberals is a wasted vote.

Return to “Canada”