Election issues

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Election issues

Post by Glacier »

Back in 2015 about 70% of voters wanted to turf Harper at all costs. It didn't matter what politicizes he had or anything. The relationship was over, and that was final, making it very hard for the Conservatives to get above 30%. Today, the Liberals face the same problem with something like 70% of the population wanting to fire Trudeau no matter what policies he has. The Liberals will be hard pressed to get more than 30%.

Politicians are like diapers... they need frequent changing, and for the same reason.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

foenix wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 1:47 pm Here's another article that highlights O'Toole's lying ways and will saying anything anytime to pander for those votes. Does Canadians or the CPC know who the real true blue Erin O'Toole is?
I don't understand your thinking. There is a current person in power right now has been caught lying and in scandals many times, it's a fact, yet here you are making the CPC leader ou to be a liar before even taking office? I'm all for good debate but this is just silly.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Glacier wrote: Politicians are like diapers... they need frequent changing, and for the same reason.
:up:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 2:33 pm Politicians are like diapers... they need frequent changing, and for the same reason.
As well as they should be thrown in the garbage when they smell.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Why is it that Liberal supporters, as well as the other lefties, have so little concern about Canada's deficit and debt?
It will be hitting everyone hard in a very short time.

There will plenty of complaining about inflation and the cost of living, taxes increasing.
Those close to the poverty line will be hit the hardest. Loss of homes and vehicles, soup lines and a huge increase in social services.

And there is only one group of people to blame.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

foenix wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 1:47 pm Here's another article that highlights O'Toole's lying ways and will saying anything anytime to pander for those votes. Does Canadians or the CPC know who the real true blue Erin O'Toole is?
Yes we does, :D and as long as Erin continues to speak in an honest and direct manner, only incompetent reporters and Liberals will experience confusion or see duplicity.

O’Toole has said that he would ban assault weapons. He will. His commitment to repeal thoughtless Liberal legislation that banned many different types of firearms on nebulous grounds and replace it with clear legislation that does what is necessary while respecting the rights of gun owners is another good reason to vote for him.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

bb49 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 3:08 pm Why is it that Liberal supporters, as well as the other lefties, have so little concern about Canada's deficit and debt?
Amazingly enough, these are the same people who claim liberals are better at managing the money and produce lower deficits. And when you point out Trudeau, they put their fingers in their ears and claim it was all the pandemic (even though the deficits started well before then). And of course, they put their fingers in their ears again when you point out that Harper also faced a financial crisis in 2009. These guys are so dishonest it makes me sick. No wonder they support Justin "The Ethics Violator" Trudeau.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Glacier wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 2:33 pm Back in 2015 about 70% of voters wanted to turf Harper at all costs. It didn't matter what politicizes he had or anything. The relationship was over, and that was final, making it very hard for the Conservatives to get above 30%. Today, the Liberals face the same problem with something like 70% of the population wanting to fire Trudeau no matter what policies he has. The Liberals will be hard pressed to get more than 30%.

Politicians are like diapers... they need frequent changing, and for the same reason.
:up: :up: :up:
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My (2) issues with this election is:
1) it wasn’t necessary (jack :swear: jt isn’t able or willing to work with others)
2) the Party Leaders :swear: suck

Because of #1 I may go with anyone but a liberal candidate.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

In the Quebec debate Trudeau stated that if he only won a minority this time, he would consider another election 18 months later.
Sheesh. His ego is showing.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 5:15 pm In the Quebec debate Trudeau stated that if he only won a minority this time, he would consider another election 18 months later.
Sheesh. His ego is showing.
It seems Justin can't go a full 24 hours without stepping in another scandal. My only issue - get the clown JT out off the cottage!!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 2:28 pm

Maybe, if the Liberals are lucky enough to get another minority the Party might do just that. They might be even more inclined if they lose this poorly thought-out election. We can certainly hope, while hoping the Cons don't get a majority.
Why would anyone hope for that? Just to desperately try to defend a lame talking point about how "Conservativism is dying"?

Of course the Conservatives getting a majority is something we should hope for.

Anything else and we are just having endless election after election.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Glacier wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 4:08 pm
bb49 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 3:08 pm Why is it that Liberal supporters, as well as the other lefties, have so little concern about Canada's deficit and debt?
Amazingly enough, these are the same people who claim liberals are better at managing the money and produce lower deficits. And when you point out Trudeau, they put their fingers in their ears and claim it was all the pandemic (even though the deficits started well before then). And of course, they put their fingers in their ears again when you point out that Harper also faced a financial crisis in 2009. These guys are so dishonest it makes me sick. No wonder they support Justin "The Ethics Violator" Trudeau.
It is amazing, how one party never got that surplus until it was handed by the previous Liberals, ran 8 straight deficits, had multiple multiple scandals and corruption but somehow it's only the Liberals that stink..... [icon_lol2.gif]

The hypocrisy is off the charts here......
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

foenix wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 5:56 pm It is amazing, how one party never got that surplus until it was handed by the previous Liberals, ran 8 straight deficits, had multiple multiple scandals and corruption but somehow it's only the Liberals that stink..... [icon_lol2.gif]

If you seriously think that Trudeau is straightening out Harper's deficits then please send me the drugs you're on because it's a long weekend and a good day to get higher than a kite.
- Douglas Murray
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Glacier wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 6:07 pm
foenix wrote: Sep 3rd, 2021, 5:56 pm It is amazing, how one party never got that surplus until it was handed by the previous Liberals, ran 8 straight deficits, had multiple multiple scandals and corruption but somehow it's only the Liberals that stink..... [icon_lol2.gif]

If you seriously think that Trudeau is straightening out Harper's deficits then please send me the drugs you're on because it's a long weekend and a good day to get higher than a kite.
Point is the "hero" economist ran Canada into the ground as well with twice as many scandals and corruption.....so yeah JT and the Libs are still the lesser of the evils that were in power.

Return to “Canada”