Election issues

rustled
Buddha of the Board

Re: Election issues

Post by rustled »

FairlyKnew wrote: Sep 4th, 2021, 8:33 am My issue is the need to find out what really happened since the Liberals took over. They are desperate to protect their secrets and will go to any lengths to make sure they are not found out. Remember all the blacked out pages in regards to the WE scandal? Remember proroguing parliament? Remember defying the parliament vote to release documents about the procurement of vaccines and the scientists that were fired from the Winnipeg lab? They actually sued the speaker of the house. They had to call an election to stop everything from coming to light. I watched hours of committee members (Liberal side) reading newspapers and textbooks to kill time so nothing happened in the meetings. Who was obstructionist there? They need a majority so they do not have to be accountable to anyone and that is the way they like it. We don't matter at all in the end.
:up: :up:

They use the concerns of ordinary Canadians to get elected, then do as they please regardless of how it impacts ordinary Canadians.

I was interested to see the people who prioritized "affordable housing" were young people at the age where they should be leaving the nest, and their mothers.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

^^^
Think about it. How do you add 1 Calgary and 1 Kelowna to Canada(1.2 million) and not have a problem during a existing housing crisis?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 11:47 am ^^^
Think about it. How do you add 1 Calgary and 1 Kelowna to Canada(1.2 million) and not have a problem during a existing housing crisis?
We're told we have a housing crisis, ergo we must support our government's policies to address the housing crisis. As always, these government policies are "for the greater good".

How do those who want us to believe we have a housing crisis we must address via government policies define "housing crisis"?

Most election issues involve similarly nebulous "motherhood and apple pie" topics that people emotionally respond to in predictable ways, without much critical thought.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

rustled wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 1:28 pm How do those who want us to believe we have a housing crisis we must address via government policies define "housing crisis"?
This is the link to Castanets rental section of the classifieds https://classifieds.castanet.net/cat/rentals/fieds
Note the amount of 'wanted'. Some people I hear are paying over $800 for a bedroom. A whole house....$2500start(?).
Also go on realtor.ca .....There's nothin....nothin for supply. Prices are at the point that Canadians can't buy in. 90%+ of the
1 mil plus market is being run by foreign money now.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

oldtrucker wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 1:41 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 5th, 2021, 1:28 pm How do those who want us to believe we have a housing crisis we must address via government policies define "housing crisis"?
This is the link to Castanets rental section of the classihttps://classifieds.castanet.net/cat/rentals/fieds
Note the amount of 'wanted'. Some people I hear are paying over $800 for a bedroom. A whole house....$2500start(?).
Also go on realtor.ca .....There's nothin....nothin for supply. Prices are at the point that Canadians can't buy in. 90%+ of the
1 mil plus market is being run by foreign money now.
This doesn't, to me, seem to be a reliable definition of "housing crisis".

If we're to base our definition on supply inadequate for consumer demand, there's more demand than supply for used automobiles right now, too, yet we aren't calling it an "automobile crisis" and expecting government policy to address the "automobile crisis".

As I said earlier, election issues are often nebulous and emotionally manipulative.
-Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Canada”