Pessimistic about climate

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 7:49 pm
The problem is the accelerated rate at which it's occuring.
Interesting theory. Too bad every single "climate model" claiming this fake "accelerated rate" exists has been dead wrong. By like a lot. This is right now an unproven hypothesis, and nothing more.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 9:29 am
JLives wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 7:49 pm
The problem is the accelerated rate at which it's occuring.
Interesting theory. Too bad every single "climate model" claiming this fake "accelerated rate" exists has been dead wrong. By like a lot. This is right now an unproven hypothesis, and nothing more.
This is gaslighting and demonstrably untrue. I listen only to actual climate scientists on this issue. I have linked you to their findings innumerable times. I am not responsible for you choosing not to read or understand what they are saying. Please stop using blogs as "science sources" so you can get factual information on this important issue.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

JLives wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 11:56 am

This is gaslighting and demonstrably untrue. I listen only to actual climate scientists on this issue. I have linked you to their findings innumerable times. I am not responsible for you choosing not to read or understand what they are saying. Please stop using blogs as "science sources" so you can get factual information on this important issue.

Back in The Fundamentals of Computer Science class at UBC, Professor Manis used to say GIGO. "Garbage in, garbage out."

garbage in, garbage out

used to express the idea that in computing and other spheres, incorrect or poor quality input will always produce faulty output.

That's exactly what we have here. People getting their misinformation from blogs and Tucker Carlson, and spouting nonsense.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

This is gaslighting and demonstrably untrue.
And here we go again with calling anything that doesn't just parrot the "acceptable" narrative "gaslighting". What I said was demonstrably true. All of the predictions of the "climate scientists" have not come true. It's still snowing in the UK, 20 years after we were told it would stop. All of Al Gore's idiotic fear mongering about the North pole were total BS. The "climate scientists" were all wrong, and still are all wrong.
I listen only to actual climate scientists on this issue. .
At what point is there some accountability for these bogus "climate scientists" continuously being wrong, and costing our entire civilization trillions of dollars and tons of wasted time "fighting" a fairy tale? This is no different than those crazy doomsday cults that keep predicting the end of the world and it never happening. At some point, all you have left "believing" in this nonsense are the true crazies. Everyone else finally gives up and moves on.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 1:40 pm
This is gaslighting and demonstrably untrue.
And here we go again with calling anything that doesn't just parrot the "acceptable" narrative "gaslighting". What I said was demonstrably true. All of the predictions of the "climate scientists" have not come true. It's still snowing in the UK, 20 years after we were told it would stop. All of Al Gore's idiotic fear mongering about the North pole were total BS. The "climate scientists" were all wrong, and still are all wrong.
I listen only to actual climate scientists on this issue. .
At what point is there some accountability for these bogus "climate scientists" continuously being wrong, and costing our entire civilization trillions of dollars and tons of wasted time "fighting" a fairy tale? This is no different than those crazy doomsday cults that keep predicting the end of the world and it never happening. At some point, all you have left "believing" in this nonsense are the true crazies. Everyone else finally gives up and moves on.
Al Gore is not a climate scientist. Don't listen to Al Gore.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

JLives wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 8:35 pm
GordonH wrote: Oct 14th, 2021, 8:28 pm

It could mean this planet is possible reaching its warmest point between 2 ice ages, who knows.
It's happening at an artificially accelerated rate that we can't adapt to at the same pace. Climate cycles prior to human influence were slower and species adapted (or didn't). Adaptation is a slow process in nature. The accelerated rate is what's new and problematic. Especially now that we have modern civilizations and cities to contend with.
We actually do not really know that it has never accelerated like this before. Multiple volcanoes could have erupted in earths history, releasing vast amounts of CO2. Kelowna has a very thin crust and we are living on ancient volcanoes. Mount Boucherie and Knox Mountain were volcanoes and Lambly bluff was a huge basaltic magma flow. Krakatoa in 1883 released great volumes of CO2 and sulfur dioxide and more into the atmosphere. But the planet cooled by 1.2 degrees for around 5 years because of the sun being partially blocked.
But no matter, the push now is to get rid of fossils fuels rather than try to work with them. To figure out a way to mitigate their effects. This is a possible solution. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00017/full . Other technologies could be investigated and created. All of this seems to be being downplayed however. Why? The middle east that supplies most of the oil is one possibility. Endless wars and strife. Much to do with oil, and money and warfare. If we we can control the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere like setting a thermostat, that would do nothing to stop what is happening in the middle east and elsewhere and everything would remain the status quo. That would ruin the anti-oil peoples plans. They want us to be fearful and anxious and worried about the climate.That CO2 is a "pollutant" and killing us all. Even though we are full of it and breathe it out and plants live off of it. It is good in soft drinks too! So the mobs scream and shout and frighten our children with apocalyptic visions. The media gleefully goes along with it because their bread and butter is suffering and sorrow and catastrophe and drama. How could they resist? The universities get great amounts of money to come up with climate models that are not really objective. Politics is the real pollutant.
So on we march as our western civilization that was built on oil and the automobile is destroyed before our very eyes. By people with ulterior motives.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Our friends on the right don't understand how peer-reviewed science works. So they distrust it and turn to unreliable sources like blogs and Tucker Carlson for their mimicries.

They 'think' a talk show buffoon like Carlson is a credible source for something as complex as climate change.

I keep waiting for some semblance of insight to emanate from these folks, but it never comes. Instead, we'll get another ridiculous youtube video.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Regardless of which side you're one, we should all agree that we should not :cuss: where we eat.
I birn quil I se
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 2:59 pm
But...but...but...Al Gore was "listening" to the climate scientists...who were telling him all of that BS about the North Pole....but hey, why hold anyone accountable right? As long as they just keep moving the goal posts and keep the lies and BS about man-made climate change flowing, at all costs.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 16th, 2021, 3:30 pm
JLives wrote: Oct 15th, 2021, 2:59 pm
But...but...but...Al Gore was "listening" to the climate scientists...who were telling him all of that BS about the North Pole....but hey, why hold anyone accountable right? As long as they just keep moving the goal posts and keep the lies and BS about man-made climate change flowing, at all costs.
Al Gore is not a climate scientist. Don't listen to Al Gore. Or blogs. Or anyone else who is not a climate scientist. Why is this so difficult?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: Oct 17th, 2021, 12:39 pm
Al Gore is not a climate scientist.
Since Al Gore was the one "listening to the climate scientists" in this scenario, all I am hearing is - "don't listen to the climate scientists". And for once, you'd be 100% right. Don't listen to the fear-mongering and the nonsense. This is a hoax, through and through.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Oct 17th, 2021, 3:59 pm
JLives wrote: Oct 17th, 2021, 12:39 pm
Al Gore is not a climate scientist.
Since Al Gore was the one "listening to the climate scientists" in this scenario, all I am hearing is - "don't listen to the climate scientists". And for once, you'd be 100% right. Don't listen to the fear-mongering and the nonsense. This is a hoax, through and through.
Climate scientists are telling us it is very real. Based on their research. These are the only people qualified to interpret the science. The only people. I don't give a rats *bleep* what Al Gore has to say. If you stopped listening to people who are unqualified you might have a more realistic view that climate change is occurring and human activities are accelerating it. That is a fact.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: Oct 17th, 2021, 4:39 pm
Climate scientists are telling us it is very real. Based on their research.
Some are saying this, and yet their models are always always wrong. At some point, someone has to say that the emperor has no clothes, and definitely that is the case with the man-made climate change myth. These guys are just plain wrong, constantly.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Climate activists around the world are planning a Global Day of Action to “hold big banks accountable for funding fossil fuel expansion.”

On Oct. 29, demonstrations will be held in small and large cities around the world and Vernon climate activists are looking to hold one locally.

Climate change activists say Canada’s Day of Action is being coordinated by Leadnow and will focus on the largest bank and one of the nation’s largest funders of the fossil fuel industry, The Royal Bank of Canada.

The Vernon climate change activists are looking for volunteers to help organize a demonstration locally.

The intent for these demonstrations is to tell the “truth about Canadian Institutional banking and by taking on the biggest bank, to push for the defunding of fossil fuel infrastructure and development.”
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#348454

1. Anyone reading this still think that this whole man-made climate change myth as anything to do with "climate"? Of course not, this is about communism, through and through. "The truth about Canadian institutional banking" - these idiots can't do basic math, so no, they won't know anything about "institutional banking". They don't even know what that term means.

2. Do these people understand that without capital being invested in oil and gas exploration, we are all going to starve and/or freeze to death? Look at what is going on in Europe right now. Because of idiots like this and weak governments in Europe, there are going to be deaths this winter from people freezing to death. This isn't a game anymore, these scum are actually killing people now.

There shouldn't be demonstrations against vaccinations, there should be demonstrations against people this stupid being allowed to tell such disgusting bald-faced lies.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Faced with people dying, China has to back-track from complying with man-made climate change nonsense. Expect this to be a trend for many years to come. If only those still pushing this man-made climate change myth could do math...
Faced with a power crisis, China may have ‘little choice’ but to ramp up coal consumption

China may have to set aside its ambitious plans to cut carbon emissions — at least in the short term — in order to tide over its worsening power crisis, said analysts.

"Like other markets in Asia and Europe, China must perform a balancing act between the immediate need to keep the lights on — via more coal — and showing its commitment to increasingly ambitious decarbonisation targets," said Gavin Thompson, Asia-Pacific vice chair at energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie.

"But the short-term reality is that China and many others have little choice but to increase coal consumption to meet power demand," Thomson wrote in a report.

Power cuts of varying extent have been reported in 20 provinces across China since mid-August. Several factors contributed to the power crunch, including a shortage of coal supplies, tougher government mandates to reduce emissions and greater demand from manufacturers.

The energy crisis caused production halts at many factories in China — and prompted major banks to cut their GDP forecasts for the world's second-largest economy.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/markets ... d=msedgntp

Return to “Canada”