Pessimistic about climate

User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 34123
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by Glacier »

fluffy wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:28 pm
Exactly. The single most important issue for the majority of voters in the last election was climate change.
I hate to say it, but you are wrong... https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... -said.html
"For the first time in history the ineffectiveness of a medicine is being blamed on those who refuse to take it."
~ Dr. Robert Malone
User avatar
fluffy
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 23058
Joined: Jun 1st, 2006, 5:42 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by fluffy »

fluffy wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 5:28 pm Exactly. The single most important issue for the majority of voters in the last election was climate change.
Glacier wrote: Nov 6th, 2021, 8:46 pm I hate to say it, but you are wrong... https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... -said.html
Okay, I suppose it depends what polls you're following. How about "One of the most important issues..." ?
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61858
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 4:19 am

Okay, I suppose it depends what polls you're following. How about "One of the most important issues..." ?
But you've highlighted the exact problem - the man-made climate change myth shouldn't even be in the top 25 issues for Canadians. There are so many real actual issues to worry about. Fairy tales can wait.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
Jlabute
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4059
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by Jlabute »

Glacier is correct.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/117 ... canadians/

Leftists also call COVID an existential crisis. If 1% of the population dies, there wont be any humans left at all. Makes one wonder what a leftist means by existential crisis. Probably has something to do with the personal existence of the brain cells that hold on to the lie. Climate change has always been low on most peoples priority list, even lower outside of the west.
Huxley - "For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin."
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61858
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jlabute wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:14 am Climate change has always been low on most peoples priority list, even lower outside of the west.
But if you parrot a lie enough times, people start to believe it. I like how instead of "climate change" now the verbiage has become "climate crisis". Even though there is no proof that man is affecting the climate in any way. But because not enough people were scared and living in fear, let's change the wording to make it even scarier. As soon as I hear a politician using the terms "fair share" or "climate crisis", I know that they are a lying bonehead, to be completely dismissed as a charlatan and loser.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
fluffy
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 23058
Joined: Jun 1st, 2006, 5:42 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by fluffy »

Jlabute wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:14 am Glacier is correct.
Yes he is, according to the source he quoted, which does have a decent record for truth.

But that doesn't say that the threat of man-made climate change isn't worthy of attention. What downplaying the threat does however, is delay significant action to deal with the threat, which will only make it that much more painful when it does come. I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but a moral line gets crossed when that opinion is knowingly based on bad information.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61858
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:22 am

But that doesn't say that the threat of man-made climate change isn't worthy of attention.
I'd say that's exactly what it means.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
Jlabute
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4059
Joined: Jan 18th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by Jlabute »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:22 am But that doesn't say that the threat of man-made climate change isn't worthy of attention. What downplaying the threat does however, is delay significant action to deal with the threat, which will only make it that much more painful when it does come. I respect everyone's right to an opinion, but a moral line gets crossed when that opinion is knowingly based on bad information.
When what comes? So far, there is no indication anything is coming except for background noise and errors in models. Therefore there is no significant threat or change. Are you expecting that on the last day of the predicted tenth year (again) a Kaiju will pop out of the ocean and eat everyone? This is more believable than humans using erroneous models to foretell the future. The moral line has already been crossed using bad policies based on bad models to lie to mankind… just like the Trump Russia collusion lie.
Huxley - "For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin."
User avatar
fluffy
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 23058
Joined: Jun 1st, 2006, 5:42 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by fluffy »

Sorry, not getting drawn into yet another argument with zombies. You guys really need to turn off your internet and pick up a book.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61858
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote: Nov 7th, 2021, 8:49 am Sorry, not getting drawn into yet another argument with zombies. You guys really need to turn off your internet and pick up a book.
So once again, a quick insult and off you go when confronted with actual facts about the man-made climate change myth. I've seen zombies in action, and their name is Thunberg.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
Posts: 53983
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
User avatar
d0nb
Übergod
Posts: 1791
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:08 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by d0nb »

Pappywinkle wrote: Nov 2nd, 2021, 2:29 pm
Thankfully, Canadians again elected a government that understands things like science and math,
We wish. Trudeau and his nonsensical policies were rightly rejected by a large majority of voters.
so the fringe beliefs of a few far right crazies about climate change being a fairy tale aren't really relevant at all.
No one has said that climate change is a fairy tale; that is reserved for the fantastical notion that “taking action” (imposing energy poverty, shortages and inflation on the most vulnerable) is anything less than a monumentally foolish and arrogant charade that will precipitate death and misery on a global scale.

It’s all good though, as long as the elites continue to profit from government “green” handouts. :up:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
User avatar
crookedmember
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2537
Joined: Jan 8th, 2011, 9:43 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by crookedmember »

The fact is CPC delegates recently voted down a resolution declaring climate change as real, before grabbing their clubs and returning to their caves.

Despite the Neanderthals of the foundering CPC, things are changing. Tesla's market capitalization is now more than the entire S&P energy index.

All car manufacturers are committed to transitioning to electric over the next few years. Sure, flushing the fleet will take years, but it is happening.

And my God, have you seen the number of Teslas in Kelowna? Everybody wants one. It's not exactly a hard sell.
“CPC talking points are designed to achieve the party’s real overriding objective: to extract money from stupid people.” -Economist Stephen Gordon
User avatar
hozzle
Fledgling
Posts: 205
Joined: Sep 19th, 2007, 7:51 pm

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by hozzle »

Wooohoo!!!!
COP26 has 11,000 observers and that doesn't include the delegate's entourage. It's safe to assume that not all of the attendees are from Scotland. So if we conservatively figure 5000 people flew to the event, and 10 individuals on avg. were on the same flight, that still adds 500 x 20 tonnes of CO2 to the environment!!!

Blatant hypocrisy at its finest because most of the "observers" are so-called climate activists, lol

... and as for the carbon tax, well, give me my credits!
Canada produces over 700,000,000 tonnes if CO2 a yr, while our trees scrub 3,500,000,000 tonnes a yr.

Carbon Tax is a scam!!!!
When it feels like I'm rubbing your back, I'm actually painting a target.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 61858
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Pessimistic about climate

Post by The Green Barbarian »

crookedmember wrote: Nov 8th, 2021, 5:09 pm The fact is CPC delegates recently voted down a resolution declaring climate change as real,
It was "man made climate change", not climate change. The climate is always changing. Amazing to me how the enviro-nuts always seem to get this wrong.
Epistemic insouciance is a casual lack of concern about the facts or an indifference to whether one's statements have any basis in reality. From now on the Liberal Party of Canada will be known as the "Epistemic Insouciance Party of Canada".

Return to “Canada”