A Heads Up About The US Border

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: A Heads Up About The US Border

Post by I Think »

Went through the border for less than 20 minutes a week ago, had all the arrive can in order, all good at the border, now getting one or two emails about quarantining and testing every day, phoned them & the recorded message says to ignore the messages but if phoned or visited just explain that you are fully vaccinated and exempt.
Would it not be cheaper to fix the software one time to deal with it rather than explaining many times a day that you can ignore the false notices?
We're lost but we're making good time.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You now need a PCR test for trips of less than 72 hrs.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#354896
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for our next trip to Rancho Chico.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 10:59 am You now need a PCR test for trips of less than 72 hrs.

Beginning on Tuesday.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

RupertBear wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 11:06 am I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for our next trip to Rancho Chico.
Lo siento, neccesitamos visitan Rancho Chico por practicamus Mexicana.
Disculpe los verbos, mi Espaniol es horible.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 10:59 am You now need a PCR test for trips of less than 72 hrs.

Read the story again..........you missed the dumbest part.........."effective December 21st, tests have to be done out of country". This story is about trips less than 72 hours. What I am reading here is if I go over the border to pick up a parcel (30 minutes let say), I have to have a test done on the U.S. side when I am there to get back into Canada???
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

lesliepaul wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Read the story again..........you missed the dumbest part.........."effective December 21st, tests have to be done out of country". This story is about trips less than 72 hours. What I am reading here is if I go over the border to pick up a parcel (30 minutes let say), I have to have a test done on the U.S. side when I am there to get back into Canada???
The border is essentially closing for short visits, for us we can cross the border to a business that receives packages for us, but cannot get a test done, so would have to tour down to a town big enough to have a motel and a testing facility.We can put this at the door of the anti vaxxer/anti masker crowd.
PS the airline CEO who went before Congress claiming that masks were not needed on aircraft has tested positive for covid.
Last edited by I Think on Dec 17th, 2021, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

lesliepaul wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 12:21 pm
The whole thing is stupid. You can catch covid just as easily here as there and after a 30 min trip you will not test positive that quickly anyway!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This testing for those who are double &/or triple vaxxed is :swear: up, especially if the trip is under 72 hours.
Someone is making a killing on those tests, I would like to know who that is.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

A couple of friends of ours flew into YVR from Africa last week and were given a Covid test taken to a hotel immediately. They were told to stay until a negative result was confirmed.

The test came back negative late the following day but were then ordered to stay at the hotel until they were permitted to leave by a government official.
That official showed up two days later, after a total of three nights in the hotel.

They are now "imprisoned" in their home for about two weeks.

And yes, they have been double vaccinated.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Currently in the lineup heading back into can after taking hhwy2 from oroville.
I'll let you know how it goes.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 3:32 pm A couple of friends of ours flew into YVR from Africa last week and were given a Covid test taken to a hotel immediately. They were told to stay until a negative result was confirmed.

The test came back negative late the following day but were then ordered to stay at the hotel until they were permitted to leave by a government official.
That official showed up two days later, after a total of three nights in the hotel.

impo if tests come back negative people should be compensated for out of pocket costs. If tests come back positive then those people don’t get anything back.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

GordonH wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 4:01 pm
bb49 wrote: Dec 17th, 2021, 3:32 pm A couple of friends of ours flew into YVR from Africa last week and were given a Covid test taken to a hotel immediately. They were told to stay until a negative result was confirmed.

impo if tests come back negative people should be compensated for out of pocket costs. If tests come back positive then those people don’t get anything back.
For the 3+ days this couple sat in the hotel, us taxpayers picked up the tab.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

A couple of friends of ours flew into YVR from Africa last week and were given a Covid test taken to a hotel immediately. They were told to stay until a negative result was confirmed.

Kind of poetic justice what we're seeing, the people complied with tyrannical and unconstitutional "mandates" now they can reap what they've sown. No sympathy on this front...
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

This testing for those who are double &/or triple vaxxed is :swear: up, especially if the trip is under 72 hours.
Someone is making a killing on those tests, I would like to know who that is.
Why shouldn't the vaxxed be tested? They are super spreaders.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis

Return to “Canada”