GG's office paid $277,000 in secret settlements

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

GG's office paid $277,000 in secret settlements

Post by Gone_Fishin »

So much for open and transparent government.

What an abysmal failure hiring Payette was. And we're likely not done paying for this monumental error incompetence.

GG's office paid $277,000 in secret settlements the year Julie Payette resigned

OTTAWA – Rideau Hall paid out $277,592 in confidential settlements as well as running up legal bills of nearly $170,000 in the same year former governor general Julie Payette resigned for presiding over a “toxic” workplace.

The amount is by far the highest paid by the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General (OSGG) for settlements going back until at least 2010, according to an analysis of government records by the National Post.

In fact, the office almost never paid out settlement claims during that period, making the $277,592 payment in just one year all the more unusual.

The dollar amount is contained in the government’s public accounts, which were released in December and listed as a payment of claim against the Crown under OSGG’s budget. The OSGG is the department tasked with supporting the governor general and the secretary position is the highest-ranking bureaucrat at Rideau Hall.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... ve-details
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: GG's office paid $277,000 in secret settlements

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 1:23 pm So much for open and transparent government.

What an abysmal failure hiring Payette was. And we're likely not done paying for this monumental error incompetence.

Yeah, the committee that Harper set up to select Governor General candidates really screwed the pooch when they told Justin to hire Payette. They should all be fired for that, what a bunch of idiots who obviously were too lazy to do some basic due diligence, and now we're all paying the price as taxpayers. What's that now?? Justin ignore the committee and just appointed Payette without any consultation? WHAT???
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Put a mark on the calendar boys, I agree with you.

Appointing Payette was definitely one of Trudeau's biggest blunders. That doesn't mean he's directly responsible for her asshattery, but he definitely gets to wear the bad decision and poor vetting that brought it on and cost us taxpayers. My hair isn't on fire over it, because it's kind of not a surprise and I don't already hate him with the fire of a thousand suns like you do, but it sucks.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Catri wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 3:55 pm Put a mark on the calendar boys, I agree with you.

Appointing Payette was definitely one of Trudeau's biggest blunders. That doesn't mean he's directly responsible for her asshattery, but he definitely gets to wear the bad decision and poor vetting that brought it on and cost us taxpayers. My hair isn't on fire over it, because it's kind of not a surprise and I don't already hate him with the fire of a thousand suns like you do, but it sucks.
Keep it up and GB and I may just fall in love with you.

Trudeau's arrogance got the best of him on this one, and it's going to cost us a lot of money.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Kudos to Catri, being the only one on leftist stance who admits that JT blundered.

I am impressed.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Catsumi wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 5:18 pm Kudos to Catri, being the only one on leftist stance who admits that JT blundered.

I am impressed.
Yes, I was shocked as well at the attempt at candor instead of obfuscation and outright lies as a defense to apologize for such mind-numbing stupidity being demonstrated. Oh well, one out of 500 Trudeau-pumping lunatics ain't bad! :up:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Lol thanks, but don’t get too excited, I will always be a committed lefty-centrist, but I always try to be honest here and I like to think others do too.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Catri wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 6:00 pm Lol thanks, but don’t get too excited, I will always be a committed lefty-centrist, but I always try to be honest here and I like to think others do too.
LOL - in my vast experience, the level of honesty from the "left-centrist" crowd is around zero. It's always a prevaricate at all costs to protect the narrative situation with your team, and in this case it's all about trying to pretend that Justin isn't an arrogant yutz who makes incredibly stupid decisions due to his mass hubris and general low-functioning IQ. As demonstrated by his decision to circumvent a committee built and designed to protect him from looking like an arrogant yutz and vetting GG candidates for him. You are an anomaly my friend. And I thank you.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Not excited at all, but for one, I cannot help but wonder why and how you became “always committed” to being leftist?

Some of us have freely admitted to voting Liberal (in the past, one of my own family members was a Liberal MP, before Trudeau 1 and 2 ever appeared on the scene), but now are completely disenchanted with the Party for pertinent reasons that can be stated out loud.

Is it a familial thing or some wrong done to you personally that you are deeply entrenched and cannot or will not ever consider a turnabout?

This is asked in an open and nonjudgmental way, not baiting, just asking why the rigidity in the position you’ve taken. I am really trying to understand this.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

I’m not rigid, I have the whole spectrum from the centre to the left to choose from. Without turning this into a full on political essay, the reason I can never vote for a Conservative candidate is not because I don’t like conservatives (some of my nearest and dearest vote CPC), but because I fundamentally disagree with some right wing ideology, especially, but not limited to, many aspects of social conservatism. It has nothing to do with family, I was raised to think for myself when it comes to politics, to the point where I couldn’t tell you how my dad voted, the important thing in my family is that we vote, not who we vote for.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Astronaut what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

Peanuts..Just browse through the Canadian Taxpayers web site and by the time you finish reading the 'Teddy' awards you'll be foaming at the mouth.
Not all Fiberal atrocities mind you, but still.
To top it off check out the Can/China vaccine program that never happened. Well not for Canada anyway
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Jlabute wrote: Jan 30th, 2022, 6:45 am Astronaut what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.
[icon_lol2.gif] That was clever, jabute.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 6:04 pm
Catri wrote: Jan 28th, 2022, 6:00 pm Lol thanks, but don’t get too excited, I will always be a committed lefty-centrist, but I always try to be honest here and I like to think others do too.
LOL - in my vast experience, the level of honesty from the "left-centrist" crowd is around zero. It's always a prevaricate at all costs to protect the narrative situation with your team, and in this case it's all about trying to pretend that Justin isn't an arrogant yutz who makes incredibly stupid decisions due to his mass hubris and general low-functioning IQ. As demonstrated by his decision to circumvent a committee built and designed to protect him from looking like an arrogant yutz and vetting GG candidates for him. You are an anomaly my friend. And I thank you.
The fact that Payette killed Theresa Potts should have been automatic disqualification.

The fact that Payette was arrested for assault should have iced that cake.

But no, Justin wanted to grope her *bleep* so he hired her on the spot with no background checks.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”