Gas Prices

spooker

Re: Gas Prices

Post by spooker »

Boosted632 wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 12:32 pm I fuel up every two days and like everyone else i pass these extra costs on to the customer in the form of higher rates.
Exactly, and either your clients will foot the expense or they'll make changes ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

spooker wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 7:51 pm
Boosted632 wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 12:32 pm I fuel up every two days and like everyone else i pass these extra costs on to the customer in the form of higher rates.
Exactly, and either your clients will foot the expense or they'll make changes ...
Yep, skip doing any home reno’s or upgrades. Boosted632 could be a contractor
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

GordonH wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 8:23 pm

Im a business person plain and simple and smart business doesn't involve losing money my costs have gone up on everything so my rates have gone up accordingly . Anyone who complains about my rates cant afford me and isnt someone im intrested in doing work for and i have no shortage of work, and no i dont do renos lol.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

We drove to the coast today and with high gas prices front and centre, and lower speed limits on the southern half of the Coq, it made a noticeable difference in gas consumption.
Normally the car would be indicating a rate of 5.7 lt/100 km.
This time, 4.8 by the time I was parked in the West End.

The posted speed from Kamloops to Merritt is still 120, but it was slick as snot most of the way so I seldom hit 100.

Merritt to Hope is 100 but down to 50 in many construction zones.

More than happy to see the cops out enforcing the speeds, even in the Valley, and they were busy. :up:

Had to go over to West Van this evening and was surprised to see a station at 195.9. :200:
What the? That's only two cents over the price back home.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
spooker

Post by spooker »

As everyone likes to say, we all depend on gas directly or indirectly ... and the way we've set things up prices get passed down to the individual ... doesn't that mean that in the end it's up to the individual to do something about it? or just continue being slave to the molecule ...
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

rackprcie.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

spooker wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 5:07 am

As everyone likes to say, we all depend on gas directly or indirectly ... and the way we've set things up prices get passed down to the individual ... doesn't that mean that in the end it's up to the individual to do something about it? or just continue being slave to the molecule ...
You could say the same thing about water and oxygen. What are we going to do about our dependence on water??
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Here's some perspective.

We hear the US complaining about gas prices. Across the US the amount differs but the average price in the US is $4.32 US for a US Gallon of gas.

That works out to $1.49 CDN a litre of gas.

Right now gas buddy put the average price of gas in Kelowna at $1.93.9 for a litre of gas.

That works out that in Kelowna right now gas costs $5.61 US for a US Gallon of gas.

In LA the average cost is $5.25 US for a US Gal of gas, which is $1.81 CDN a litre
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
spooker

Post by spooker »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 12:22 pm
spooker wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 5:07 am

You could say the same thing about water and oxygen. What are we going to do about our dependence on water??
You always jump in with such thoughtful comments ... thankfully there are wild sources of water and oxygen so anyone who has issue with the prices can go collect it themselves with very reasonable effort ... though with more industrial fuel usage we might see the source of oxygen drying up ...
spooker

Post by spooker »

my5cents wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 12:27 pm Here's some perspective.

We hear the US complaining about gas prices. Across the US the amount differs but the average price in the US is $4.32 US for a US Gallon of gas.

That works out to $1.49 CDN a litre of gas.

Right now gas buddy put the average price of gas in Kelowna at $1.93.9 for a litre of gas.

That works out that in Kelowna right now gas costs $5.61 US for a US Gallon of gas.

In LA the average cost is $5.25 US for a US Gal of gas, which is $1.81 CDN a litre
When I lived in Europe the cost of a litre was about $2 CAN ... that was 20 years ago ... pain is relative
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

spooker wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 12:57 pm When I lived in Europe the cost of a litre was about $2 CAN ... that was 20 years ago ... pain is relative
Well then why are we even taking the time to discuss such an inconsequential event ?

And since we're talking world wide relative consequences. I guess then we could say what's happening in Ukraine is very minor compared to the atrocities suffered by the Jews in WWII. So, relatively speaking everything is fine and in control.

That makes it a very slow news day.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
spooker

Post by spooker »

my5cents wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 1:40 pm
spooker wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 12:57 pm When I lived in Europe the cost of a litre was about $2 CAN ... that was 20 years ago ... pain is relative
Well then why are we even taking the time to discuss such an inconsequential event ?

And since we're talking world wide relative consequences. I guess then we could say what's happening in Ukraine is very minor compared to the atrocities suffered by the Jews in WWII. So, relatively speaking everything is fine and in control.

That makes it a very slow news day.
You're going to compare being inconvenienced to being gassed/bombed to death? I think the GOP down south already tried that ... and failed
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Boosted632 wrote: Mar 13th, 2022, 9:00 pm

Im a business person plain and simple and smart business doesn't involve losing money my costs have gone up on everything so my rates have gone up accordingly . Anyone who complains about my rates cant afford me and isnt someone im intrested in doing work for and i have no shortage of work, and no i dont do renos lol.
I love Assumptions but love Cryptic answers even more!
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I can only imagine the lineups at Point Roberts fuel stations.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/362874 ... nt-Roberts
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”