People leaving Canada

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: People leaving Canada

Post by Catri »

I know a businessperson who moved to Canada because of our superior progressive government policies.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Catri wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 4:46 pm I know a businessperson who moved to Canada because of our superior progressive government policies.
Was he a pot dealer, or pharma drug pusher? Then I can understand.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

BC Landlord wrote: JT has never promoted anything (much less democracy) other than himself, and lately openly turned into a dictator.
He's definitely not a democracy loving politician like Vladimir Putin. :smt045
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

normaM wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 4:11 pm who is leaving?
I am, but we're just escaping winters.
I'll leave my "wealth" in a bank here.
I_am_a_Liberal
Übergod

Post by I_am_a_Liberal »

I have no doubt that many fringe is leaving. And probably going to blue states. And I say good riddance. It works out for Canada too. We don't have to deal with someone occupying for 3 weeks and saying they didn't do anything wrong. EA was used as a last resort. As such it was used effectively to end the squatting. End of story.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

I_am_a_Liberal wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 7:04 pm I have no doubt that many fringe is leaving. And probably going to blue states. And I say good riddance. It works out for Canada too. We don't have to deal with someone occupying for 3 weeks and saying they didn't do anything wrong. EA was used as a last resort. As such it was used effectively to end the squatting. End of story.
Time will tell if Turdeau was right or wrong... and I honestly don't think this is the end of the story. :smt045
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

I_am_a_Liberal wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 7:04 pm EA was used as a last resort. As such it was used effectively to end the squatting. End of story.
For weeks, indigenous Canadians blocked passenger and freight trains. They made it impossible to travel by rail from Montreal to Toronto. They disrupted the movement of grain, construction materials and propane gas in Western Canada. More than 1,000 rail employees were laid off. Food rotted.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... estsuweten

Odd that we didn't need the EA for that protest... Or many others that have turned violent...

Pathetic people defend the use of the EA, they eat up government garbage.
lsj777
Fledgling

Post by lsj777 »

If someone went to youtube and searched people leaving canada and it is called Clyde Do Something and read the comment section to how many people are leaving . It would be great if someone that knows how to bring that video and put it up on this forum for everyone to see
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

lsj777 wrote: Mar 19th, 2022, 10:22 pm If someone went to youtube and searched people leaving canada and it is called Clyde Do Something and read the comment section to how many people are leaving . It would be great if someone that knows how to bring that video and put it up on this forum for everyone to see
- M. de Voltaire
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

https://youtu.be/uQrVlOeNNoI

A prolific contributor to YouTube, but not much info by way of a resume. There is some money to be made through advertising revenue and subscription fees, one has to consider the motivation behind people who make these videos. Look for yourself by all means, he has a variety of topics. Like many he's latched on to the Freedom Convoy for his topic of choice for the past month, but Clyde doesn't strike me as an "expert" of any sort, and his videos don't reveal much depth or insight, just someone looking to get content out on the net. Clicks and views = revenue in this game.

Sure there are people leaving Canada, it happens all the time, just like there are people coming to Canada from all over the world looking for what we have to offer. I have a brother who relocated to the Philippines when he retired a few years back, mainly because the lower cost of living there allowed him a better lifestyle than his retirement income would allow in Canada. We also see investment money heading towards countries where the regulatory climate is more relaxed, allowing them to increase their bottom line. Business is business. There is no shortage of examples of businesses leaving for less than ethical reasons, chief among them would be the sort of businesses that tend to leave and environmental mess in their wake or those looking for cheap labour. You don't need a PhD in economics to see where the exodus of manufacturing jobs has left many Canadians. I don't see a realistic solution to this, in fact I have a hard time looking at it as a problem at all. People come, people go.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
spooker

Post by spooker »

When someone talks about "leaving" a place it just seems so knee-jerk as to be stupid ... "go" somewhere that you feel is better, do something intentional ... don't just react (though "reaction" seems to be our specialty around here) ...

Throwing a fit and "leaving" always reminds me of those scenes in the movies where someone has to leave and they end up in the closet but won't come out because they feel foolish for not knowing where they're going ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If people believe the grass is greener some other place on this planet, be all means go... bon voyage.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

GordonH wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 7:51 am If people believe the grass is greener some other place on this planet, be all means go... bon voyage.
Exactly. No body is forcing anyone to stay, or leave. The inference that the use of the Emergencies Act to freeze the bank accounts of some has actually caused people to pack up and leave Canada is a joke. For one, where would they go, and what makes that place so attractive ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

fluffy wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 8:31 am
GordonH wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 7:51 am If people believe the grass is greener some other place on this planet, be all means go... bon voyage.
Exactly. No body is forcing anyone to stay, or leave. The inference that the use of the Emergencies Act to freeze the bank accounts of some has actually caused people to pack up and leave Canada is a joke. For one, where would they go, and what makes that place so attractive ?
It goes far beyond the illegal use of an act of parliament .. Soaring taxes , mandates , owning a small business and providing jobs only to be called a tax cheat .. Stupid energy policies that increase costs , drive away MORE jobs only to support despots and human rights abusers and do more harm than good for the environment ..

face it , Canada is a joke ..

Those who are leaving are the ones that can afford to and they have many choices .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

MAPearce wrote: Mar 20th, 2022, 8:53 amIt goes far beyond the illegal use of an act of parliament .. Soaring taxes , mandates , owning a small business and providing jobs only to be called a tax cheat .. Stupid energy policies that increase costs , drive away MORE jobs only to support despots and human rights abusers and do more harm than good for the environment ..

face it , Canada is a joke ..

Those who are leaving are the ones that can afford to and they have many choices .
We all have to ask ourselves just who is at fault for the conditions we currently face. Surprisingly enough, "government" is nothing more than an accomplice to the real criminals, the corporate and financial sectors. The government policy that paved the way for corporate control of so many aspects of our lives was put in place decades ago by the likes of Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Brian Mulroney.

Return to “Canada”