Dfo Report Took Ten Years

captkirkcanada
Banned

Dfo Report Took Ten Years

Post by captkirkcanada »

a dfo report on disease in chinook salmon that is killing them took ten years to be released. in fact dfo actively denied pvr caused any issue in chinook.
https://thenarwhal.ca/pacific-salmon-fish-farms-virus/

https://twitter.com/alex4salmon/status/ ... bNUNJ4p6Ew

the report was concluded in 2012 and dfo has sat on the results since then.so harper and justin are at fault for waiting so long to release this report. it isnt sea lions killing chinook, its farmed salmon viruses
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Dfo Report Took Ten Years

Post by Catsumi »

Isn’t this old news?

I remember way back when a B.C. former politico and newsman (whose name I cannot recall right now,but was a very popular pundit) reported on the health of farmed fish right when it started. It was not a good report as he said, at least 20 years ago, that farmed fish were full of worms, must be colour-corrected (dyed, like hair) and were vermin and virus infested that could pass on their ill health to free salmon via water transmission.

His reports were upsetting enough that I never, ever, since he spoke up, have bought farmed fish. (Gagging emoticon inserted here]

But those messages were received and noted by us older folk. It’s a good thing that younger crowd is now also informed of the problems associated with farmed fish. Due to overfishing of oceans, I do realize that this method may be the only way city folk get to eat fish

Time for dinner now.

What was his name?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Catsumi wrote: Apr 14th, 2022, 6:32 pm Isn’t this old news?

I remember way back when a B.C. former politico and newsman (whose name I cannot recall right now,but was a very popular pundit) reported on the health of farmed fish right when it started. It was not a good report as he said, at least 20 years ago, that farmed fish were full of worms, must be colour-corrected (dyed, like hair) and were vermin and virus infested that could pass on their ill health to free salmon via water transmission.

His reports were upsetting enough that I never, ever, since he spoke up, have bought farmed fish. (Gagging emoticon inserted here]

But those messages were received and noted by us older folk. It’s a good thing that younger crowd is now also informed of the problems associated with farmed fish. Due to overfishing of oceans, I do realize that this method may be the only way city folk get to eat fish

Time for dinner now.

What was his name?
no unfortunately it is not old news, there were some researchers who suspected pvr but it has to be sequenced like all other viruses and then they had to work backwards to find out where it came from, and they knew in 2012. as far as im concerned i just want two things, fish farms moved to land based, and a 7 year ban on all fishing except for first nation food fisheries. and if any the bands want to hire non native fishers to get them their fish then that should be allowed to.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Very noble thoughts.

However the major issue of overfishing the oceans by mostly Asian trawlers, that leave nothing alive behind, is still not addressed and leaves the most desired fish species at risk or endangered. This fact was recognized long ago which led to fish farming

I agree with you that fish farming from land based pools is a better idea that keeps filth ridden, crowded fish from infecting the free runs.

The ultimate idea would be to reduce the ever rising numbers of humans and thereby reduce the harvest of fish

After a long google search, found him!!! ….Rafe Mair.

He was the first voice that had an audience to point out the evils of sea lice ridden salmon in fish farms.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Canada”