Experienced it differently at the Trudeau Foundation

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Experienced it differently at the Trudeau Foundation

Post by Gone_Fishin »

It's beyond disgusting how the Trudeaus and their chosen comrades treat women.

Using donor and taxpayers' money, the Trudeau Foundation is trying to bankrupt this sexual assault victim into dropping the charges.

Trudeau Foundation accused of delaying sex harassment lawsuit, insisting it be heard in Quebec

The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation has twice sought a change of venue for a trial into allegations by a former foundation scholar who says she was sexually harassed by her assigned mentor, pressured to keep it quiet and left unsupported and unbelieved.

A year after Cherry Smiley’s lawsuit was first filed, the Trudeau Foundation has not yet filed a statement of defence but has twice filed motions that the suit be dismissed or denied jurisdiction so it can be heard before a judge in Quebec.

“In my years of litigation, I’ve never had a defendant try so hard to have the action heard in a specific province,” said Smiley’s lawyer, Kathryn Marshall, a partner at Levitt Sheikh LLP in Toronto.

snip

One thing Smiley and Kakfwi agree on, however, is the foundation didn’t adequately investigate the allegations but were keen on them signing confidentiality agreements that would silence them on the matter.

snip

Marshall, Smiley’s lawyer, said the foundation seems to be trying to delay a hearing rather than answering the allegations in court.

“It would be very prejudicial to my client to be heard in Quebec. She is not a fluent French speaker, and neither am I, and the only connection of the case to Quebec is the foundation is headquartered there, but it’s a national foundation and the parties all live in different parts of the country.”

She suggested the foundation might be trying to drain Smiley’s resources.

“They’ve got limitless resources. They can hire lawyers in any part of the country, which they’ve done, and they got all of this taxpayer money to use. It’s like they’re just used to getting their own way,” Marshall said.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tr ... ebec-judge
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Experienced it differently at the Trudeau Foundation

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

And what's on Amazon's best seller list these days? Hmmm....
FIRST READING: The Trudeau parody topping Amazon's bestseller list

The number one book on Amazon Canada right now is a parody children’s book slamming Justin Trudeau’s response to Freedom Convoy.

How the Prime Minister stole Freedom – modelled loosely on the Dr. Seuss classic How the Grinch stole Christmas – follows the trials of a Trudeau-esque leader who is tortured by freedom-loving truckers invading his capital city.

The titular “prime minister” is depicted as a dim politician (“his brain was three sizes too small”) who schemes to seize the freedoms of the Canadian citizenry in a manner similar to the Grinch scheming to steal Christmas from Whoville. In true Seussian style, it’s written in anapestic tetrameter.

“From coast to coast the truckers drove through the snow and their small fringe numbers continued to grow. Then one day a trucker appeared in the town, with thousands behind them from miles around,” reads a passage describing the arrival of Freedom Convoy.

It’s written by Derek Smith, a Calgary-based full-time father of three previously best known to the internet as a vintage video game streamer.

As of Tuesday afternoon, How the Prime Minister stole Freedom was the number one top-selling book on Amazon Canada.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... 963b876111

Definitely going to have to get me a few copies!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:25 am It's beyond disgusting how the Trudeaus and their chosen comrades treat women.

Using donor and taxpayers' money, the Trudeau Foundation is trying to bankrupt this sexual assault victim into dropping the charges.

Trudeau Foundation accused of delaying sex harassment lawsuit, insisting it be heard in Quebec

The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation has twice sought a change of venue for a trial into allegations by a former foundation scholar who says she was sexually harassed by her assigned mentor, pressured to keep it quiet and left unsupported and unbelieved.

A year after Cherry Smiley’s lawsuit was first filed, the Trudeau Foundation has not yet filed a statement of defence but has twice filed motions that the suit be dismissed or denied jurisdiction so it can be heard before a judge in Quebec.

“In my years of litigation, I’ve never had a defendant try so hard to have the action heard in a specific province,” said Smiley’s lawyer, Kathryn Marshall, a partner at Levitt Sheikh LLP in Toronto.

snip

One thing Smiley and Kakfwi agree on, however, is the foundation didn’t adequately investigate the allegations but were keen on them signing confidentiality agreements that would silence them on the matter.

snip

Marshall, Smiley’s lawyer, said the foundation seems to be trying to delay a hearing rather than answering the allegations in court.

“It would be very prejudicial to my client to be heard in Quebec. She is not a fluent French speaker, and neither am I, and the only connection of the case to Quebec is the foundation is headquartered there, but it’s a national foundation and the parties all live in different parts of the country.”

“They’ve got limitless resources. They can hire lawyers in any part of the country, which they’ve done, and they got all of this taxpayer money to use. It’s like they’re just used to getting their own way,” Marshall said.

Newsflash, generally speaking wherever you find men and women you will find women being harassed by those men. That's why I always say ALL abusers should be dealt with, and not just ones I agree with politically. You guys should try it sometime.

I'll also add most, if not all, women know someone who's been abused but I don't know very few men who claim to know male abusers. What could that be? The math does not add up.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:25 am It's beyond disgusting how the Trudeaus and their chosen comrades treat women.

snip

snip

One would think that if the Trudeau Foundation was innocent of the charges, they would simply do the right thing and proceed with disproving the charges in court, in English.

This abuse of power to silence accusers is a growing problem in Canada, and I hope she gets her day in court, in English.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

JLives wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Newsflash, generally speaking wherever you find men and women you will find women being harassed by those men. That's why I always say ALL abusers should be dealt with, and not just ones I agree with politically. You guys should try it sometime.

I'll also add most, if not all, women know someone who's been abused but I don't know very few men who claim to know male abusers. What could that be? The math does not add up.
Nice deflection from the story.

You could have responded like this, "the woman experienced it differently". And it would have been more credible.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I'll speak for myself. Spinning abuse stories like they're a reflection of a political party is gross. It can and does happen everywhere. In every setting. All political parties. All economic classes. Everywhere. It's not a deflection, it IS the story.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

JLives wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 9:26 pm I'll speak for myself. Spinning abuse stories like they're a reflection of a political party is gross. It can and does happen everywhere. In every setting. All political parties. All economic classes. Everywhere. It's not a deflection, it IS the story.
Hopefully we can all stay on topic, which is the Trudeau Foundation, then deflections will not be necessary.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

bb49 wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:08 pm
JLives wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 9:26 pm I'll speak for myself. Spinning abuse stories like they're a reflection of a political party is gross. It can and does happen everywhere. In every setting. All political parties. All economic classes. Everywhere. It's not a deflection, it IS the story.
Hopefully we can all stay on topic, which is the Trudeau Foundation, then deflections will not be necessary.
Nice try. Go read the OP again and get back to me. Ugh.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

JLives wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:11 pm
bb49 wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:08 pm
I'm back, read it, Trudeau Foundation.
Clarify the "ugh".

O.P's quote.

#StandUpToJewishHate
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

And not only that. The Trudeau Foundation is operating all kinds of illegal activities out of the basement of an Ottawa pizza takeout.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

bb49 wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:26 pm
JLives wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:11 pm

Clarify the "ugh".

O.P's quote.

IMO, it's "ugh" to refuse to condemn those in power who try to silence their accusers, and it's particularly "ugh" to do that with the deflective tactic of "well, they're not the only ones doing it".

The Trudeau Foundation's refusal to simply proceed in English court suggests they have reason to silence their accuser.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

rustled wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 8:14 am
bb49 wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 10:26 pm
Clarify the "ugh".

O.P's quote.
IMO, it's "ugh" to refuse to condemn those in power who try to silence their accusers, and it's particularly "ugh" to do that with the deflective tactic of "well, they're not the only ones doing it".

The Trudeau Foundation's refusal to simply proceed in English court suggests they have reason to silence their accuser.
theres no proof.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

captkirkcanada wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 8:38 am
rustled wrote: Jun 9th, 2022, 8:14 am

theres no proof.
No proof they're using their power to try to prevent the charges being heard in court in English? Hogwash:
No statement of defence, just changes of jurisdiction to a court where she isn't fluent. Proof enough for most people that it's likely they're more interested in silencing their accuser than they are in proving their innocence.
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

This government, and it's leader, are as disgusting as this sleazy attempt to delay justice for this woman. Joke boy Justin and his immoral cronies needs to be taken out (of office) ASAP.
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn

Return to “Canada”